Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:33 pm

Nothing posting the 3% is GREAT (ok, great is an overstatement) news as far as I'm concerned. I'm hopeful that we'll see points start to post on something more like a weekly or a statement basis, as opposed to the scenario we all fear, where we aren't getting 3x points for the purchases we make on this site.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Thursday afternoon I got a reply to a query about the missing 3%. I was told to wait 3-5 days and then write again and send copies of the GCM confirmations. I did that earlier today (Sunday); no reply so far. The GCM confirmations don't show the credit card used though, not even the last 4 digits. However it all matches up to my CC statement of course, and I've gotten the 1% posted.

I"m not buying any more cards now though. TBH the card is not an out-of-this-world deal, especially since it can't be paid at WM with GC's. 3% + 1% cash is not that much better than 2.625% (BOA Rewards) + 100 Amex MR points.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:08 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

There are other cards that you need to spend to get to certain levels....
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:27 pm

like which ones ??
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:20 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Abflying
like which ones ??
Not everyone is working to get the most returns. People spend to get to:

1. New card initial spending
2. Bonus spending to certain level, like $20,000, even $50,000 to get to free hotel night, airline qualify miles etc.
3. Some people working toward certain airline or hotel elite levels.

They are as valuable as cash back or points.
Abflying likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by daddyo_daddyo
Are we sure the T&S didn't change when they switched over to a Rakuten card from the eBates card? I've been holding off ordering any more GCM cards until I see my 3% CB post from a few early August purchases.
Originally Posted by flyertalkfrank
They do have an exclusion in the cash back rules for gift cards and it is referenced from the credit card T&S but they have been giving 1% for GCM purchases and my purchase from 7/29 did get 3%. They could change all of this though.
I got my card after they switched the name. The T&C of the card have the same exclusions as the cash back T&C on the website for the standard cash back. So if you get standard cash back, you also get 3%. Also, while there is an exclusion for GCs, if you go to the GCM page on Rakuten, it lists specific GCs that are excluded. VGCs are not one of the exclusions. If they were, the 1% wouldn’t track either.

My purchases last last month had the 3% track the day after the purchase. This month, no 3% yet.

I’ve made non-GC purchases, one locally and one through the portal. The regular cash back tracked on the purchase through the portal, but not the 3%. The purchase locally hasn’t tracked at all. So this seems to be an issue between Rakuten & the card issuer (Synchrony). Or they’ve just changed when they award the 3%. Perhaps there is a built-in delay, or it tracks at the end of the billing cycle like most cash back cards. Or maybe there’s a glitch in the system. As long as you keep the receipts from purchases on the card, there should be enough proof that the 3% is due to be paid.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by DBFL
As long as you keep the receipts from purchases on the card, there should be enough proof that the 3% is due to be paid.
If I have to fight for every (or every 1 in 5) purchase, this kills the card for me. One of the good aspects of rakuten/ebates is reliable tracking thus far.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by NeGourmand
If I have to fight for every (or every 1 in 5) purchase, this kills the card for me. One of the good aspects of rakuten/ebates is reliable tracking thus far.
I guess I didn’t word that well. I meant, if this is a glitch that is fixed, as long as you have receipts for purchases made while the glitch was active you should be fine.
I agree that having to prove purchases and fight for them to track on a regular basis would make the card not worth my time.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:55 am

Experiencing same issue as everyone else - no 3% posting as of 8/1 on one account. Emailed last week, was told to submit proof of order (the usual request when you submit a ticket). Got a response a few days later apologizing saying they are experiencing "delays" in reporting from Synchrony. No estimated time for a fix was given. However, I did get one order to track properly on a second account (ordered 8/7, posted 3% 8/8). So not sure what is going on.
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by farwest101
Experiencing same issue as everyone else - no 3% posting as of 8/1 on one account. Emailed last week, was told to submit proof of order (the usual request when you submit a ticket). Got a response a few days later apologizing saying they are experiencing "delays" in reporting from Synchrony. No estimated time for a fix was given. However, I did get one order to track properly on a second account (ordered 8/7, posted 3% 8/8). So not sure what is going on.
Interesting DP. Since you’re the first person to report that the 3% tracked, perhaps you can help clarify a few things.
Are you using the same CC on both accounts?
Are you using both accounts for GC purchases?
Is one a CB account and the other a MR earning account? If so, which one tracked the 3%?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by DBFL

Interesting DP. Since you’re the first person to report that the 3% tracked, perhaps you can help clarify a few things.
Are you using the same CC on both accounts?
Are you using both accounts for GC purchases?
Is one a CB account and the other a MR earning account? If so, which one tracked the 3%?
Different cards/different accounts - one that tracked correctly was the 3% cash. The other is the Amex version (which hasn't tracked this month). Both used to purchase gcs.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by farwest101
Different cards/different accounts - one that tracked correctly was the 3% cash. The other is the Amex version (which hasn't tracked this month). Both used to purchase gcs.
Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:59 am

Amex FNC

Some reports coming in on reddit that GCM purchases not counting towards Hilton FNC (and diamond I'd assume) since the end of July. Anybody here seeing the same?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:29 am

I thinking this has got something to do with the rebranding. And either it's going to reward on statement close or they just have to fix the issue in due time.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:46 pm

My 8/3 purchase that we've been discussing just showed as tracking @ 1x, I'm assuming it will update to 3x here within the next couple hours as is usual. *phew*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.