Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Burton Codh
I noticed all the recent discussion focuses on Ebates/rakuten, is there an advantage to Ebates over befrugal/Swagbucks/topcashback for those without an Ebates credit card? I know tcb is only .75 on Visa but the other three all seem to offer the same 1c.

Any reason not to hedge your bets by using 2-3 different portals?
If you don’t care about the extra 3%, then it’s just personal preference. 1% is 1%, doesn’t matter who is paying it.
I prefer Rakuten because their portal tracks purchases more reliably (except for the past 2 weeks), and they pay out faster than some others. Plus if you have an Amex card, you can get a Rakuten account that pays out in MR points.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
have a 10k CL with Ebates. D 10k 2x month.. Hard to cycle actually as they dont release credit till after at least 7 biz days after payment.
Rad dude!!. Nice freakin work!!!! Question. I'm collecting amex points instead of cash back. Any idea is too much?

Cycling $20k per month would give you 240,000 💳 points.. u think amex would have issues if you were bringing that many points in every few months on the big fat check payout?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by DBFL

If you don’t care about the extra 3%, then it’s just personal preference. 1% is 1%, doesn’t matter who is paying it.
I prefer Rakuten because their portal tracks purchases more reliably (except for the past 2 weeks), and they pay out faster than some others. Plus if you have an Amex card, you can get a Rakuten account that pays out in MR points.
Thanks, I already get minimum 2% (or more if working on SUB) so it isn't worth it to me to get the Ebates card for an extra 1% while it lasts with the relatively modest spend I do and my overall cc strategy.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:12 pm

Maybe I am pushing too hard. Anyone else seen this popup? According to Synchrony, they are not blocking the order and GCM doesn't seem to be able to tell me exactly what is going on. Have placed orders on the card without changing any of the information:

"There was an error processing your request.
The transaction was rejected by your card issuer or your issuer does not support features we require. Please use another payment method or contact your card issuer for assistance"
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkfrank
Maybe I am pushing too hard. Anyone else seen this popup? According to Synchrony, they are not blocking the order and GCM doesn't seem to be able to tell me exactly what is going on. Have placed orders on the card without changing any of the information:

"There was an error processing your request.
The transaction was rejected by your card issuer or your issuer does not support features we require. Please use another payment method or contact your card issuer for assistance"

Try a different browser. But seems to me rakuten credit card thinks its fraud. Just call rakuten and tell them it's not fraud and u will be good.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:48 pm

Sorry I mean rakuten (synchrony bank)
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:54 pm

does anybody know if Amex HIlton Card earn points with GCM vGC purchase?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:06 pm

I used 2 gcm orders to satisfy my SUB for the upgrade offer, the bonus points posted a couple days ago. Online it's says they are counting as 3x for online purchase.
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by shadow520
I used 2 gcm orders to satisfy my SUB for the upgrade offer, the bonus points posted a couple days ago. Online it's says they are counting as 3x for online purchase.
did your FNC tracker move also (if you have surpass or biz)?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:54 pm

If FNC= the free night reward (not familiar with that acronym, I upgraded a dormant hilton card), then yes it did. $3051 spent (had a couple organic charges), 11949 to go.
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by shadow520
If FNC= the free night reward (not familiar with that acronym, I upgraded a dormant hilton card), then yes it did. $3051 spent (had a couple organic charges), 11949 to go.
FNC = free night certificate
thank you! Great news. Contradicts recent reports on reddit that GCM wasn't working for Hilton FNC anymore.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:17 pm

Looks like my new card had too many fraud alerts with GCM and now they are passing invalid info to my bank. I confirmed with bank there is no fraud alert. Bank confirmed on multiple attempts that either the expiration date or cvc code that GCM send is wrong.

Does this go away? Or do I need to declare my card lost so I have a new account number?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Looks like my new card had too many fraud alerts with GCM and now they are passing invalid info to my bank. I confirmed with bank there is no fraud alert. Bank confirmed on multiple attempts that either the expiration date or cvc code that GCM send is wrong.

Does this go away? Or do I need to declare my card lost so I have a new account number?
I had an issue where I was pushing orders too quickly for GCM. The popup on the order appeared to indicate a denial from the bank but as you said, bank said no denial was issued; tried three times. Tried next day and everything worked fine. Could this apply to your scenario?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:23 pm

GCM with ebates MR account

Was supposed to get 59k from GCM spend on the 15th. Nothing. Emailed rakuten and got the response that it'll come 16th. Nothing. Emailed again and got the response that it could take 7 business days to post. Pretty frustrating.

Called rakuten yesterday. After the 4th call, somebody picked up. I explained the issue and The CSR told me they'd push it through, also sent an email as confirmation. Boom 59k hit my account today.
mwstahly likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler
Was supposed to get 59k from GCM spend on the 15th. Nothing. Emailed rakuten and got the response that it'll come 16th. Nothing. Emailed again and got the response that it could take 7 business days to post. Pretty frustrating.

Called rakuten yesterday. After the 4th call, somebody picked up. I explained the issue and The CSR told me they'd push it through, also sent an email as confirmation. Boom 59k hit my account today.
How did you get such a high credit line on this card?

I just opened the card and used the temporary number and CCV for a $1500 order... the joke is my credit line is only $2000 =( .
LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.