Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I've been ordering for a few years without issues up until the last 2 months...
IME they have never fixed the unsealed envelope issue. On multicard packages they simply started placing the sticky mailing label over the flap. But on single-card mailers a good portion of them still go out unsealed. How hard could it possibly be to moisten the flap before closing?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
IME they have never fixed the unsealed envelope issue. On multicard packages they simply started placing the sticky mailing label over the flap. But on single-card mailers a good portion of them still go out unsealed. How hard could it possibly be to moisten the flap before closing?
All my orders are multiple cards. All envelopes are fully sealed. One thing I notice is, some workers would just stuff the package with inner envelopes without any thought, but some workers are more considerate, would flip the envelopes around so the cards are on each side of the package, making the package less bulky as well as easier for the USPS scan. It is about 50/50 I receive a better laid out package.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:52 pm

It has been a month since I created a new gcm account, I was able to do multiple orders, ramping up slowly, using multiple cards until yesterday night and today all my orders are cancelled
(I did even try a new card that is not saved into the account). It is strange that the orders got canceled using the same card that I was able to do 3 orders with it in the past.
I called them but all they can say is "try again", or "verify that your info matches the cards info" or "it's rejected by the system so we can't do aything"
Anyone can suggest something to do or any tip that I need to follow to let the orders go through. Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by Happy
Has anyone had this happened to them before, i.e. no shipped notification yet still receive the order?
It had never happened to me over my first 250 or so orders, but then I had three orders with no shipped notification that arrived.

To answer other comments above, the only times I've had difficulty with an order is if I put the wrong zip code on it. That can happen because my residential address and my PO Box are not the same, but are a transposition of each other, so it's easy to get them mixed up. I'm pretty careful now though.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:07 pm

for the first time in years my 15 card order had all the inner envelopes sealed tight. real pain. Plus some of my 15 card orders never track via USPS and some do. Always received the orders tho.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Forgive me, this is probably answered elsewhere, but do GCM purchases count with Amex? I know that Simon Malls purchases don't.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:22 pm

GC.com through Rakuten is offering 15% cash back for cyber monday. I assume this doesn't work for VGC's, but anyone ever try? Also, is GC.com better than GCM for purchases w/ Amex of Chase freedom unlimited?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:02 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by redtop43
Forgive me, this is probably answered elsewhere, but do GCM purchases count with Amex? I know that Simon Malls purchases don't.
working for regular spend.....for now
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by History05
GC.com through Rakuten is offering 15% cash back for cyber monday. I assume this doesn't work for VGC's, but anyone ever try? Also, is GC.com better than GCM for purchases w/ Amex of Chase freedom unlimited?
Thank you for that amazing question. If anyone can answer it, they win the day.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors
Newbie question: I see on the GCM website that on the card, right under where your name would be, it says ENJOY $100 or whatever amount of card value you purchase. Is that how the cards really come or is that just a stock photo on their website?

If it actually comes like that, have CSRs ever questioned it when you tried to get a MO?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by deker0
Newbie question: I see on the GCM website that on the card, right under where your name would be, it says ENJOY $100 or whatever amount of card value you purchase. Is that how the cards really come or is that just a stock photo on their website?

If it actually comes like that, have CSRs ever questioned it when you tried to get a MO?
I think you can customize that (I never tried). I usually get the Slick Silver ones and it always just prints the dollar amount underneath my name. No other words, just the amount. The odd times where I've been asked to show the card, I've never been questioned about that. Usually when they see my name on it, it's BAU, but once or twice they notice the "gift" on it and say no, but that's been really rare.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:30 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by shadow520
I think you can customize that (I never tried). I usually get the Slick Silver ones and it always just prints the dollar amount underneath my name. No other words, just the amount. The odd times where I've been asked to show the card, I've never been questioned about that. Usually when they see my name on it, it's BAU, but once or twice they notice the "gift" on it and say no, but that's been really rare.
thats why we have sharpies......
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by shadow520
Thanks, I'll see if I can call GCM and try to customize it so it does not print the amount. The places I go to for MO are very strict and I'm lucky I can get a MO when I hide the card as much as possible. So I figured trying the cards from GCM with my name on them may help the situation and it'll just be BAU.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by soy
thats why we have sharpies......
Ah yes, of course.....makes sense. Which cards do you get? The all black ones? Or the all silver ones?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deker0

That is just an example. You should see a drop down "menu" with all sorts of usual greetings to choose from, such as Awesome, Good Job, Bon Voyage, Thank You, Get Well, etc etc etc. Choose whatever you feel like it. Then it would be printed underneath the name. The face value will then be printed in the bottom of the middle part of the card in a rather small print also. If you dont choose any message, then the face value would be printed underneath the name.

Since I only buy them for MSR or Spend Bonus, I literally enjoy browsing thru the various designs of the cards - some of them are quite playful as well as pretty. I try to use different design for each order, making tracking much easier. Now I only wish they have more designs for the Greeting Card (the cardboard that has the T&Cs printed on one side and the actual GC stuck on the other side). LOL.

Regarding sharpie or not, I dont see any difference. Cashiers ALL know a real bank debit card has chip. Anytime one swipe the card it is a gift card. Some outfits literally stop you right there when the cashier sees you would be swiping the card. Some outfits allow 1 or 2 GCs to use per day, just sayin. It all depends on your local stores, its management's attitude towards GC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.