Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by beast7276
everyone will close the card if you MS the SUB.
Wrong
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by History05
Wrong
wronger!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:12 pm

wronger!
I personally did MS last year and received a SUB from Chase. I have a family member that used GCM to finish off the required spending for a SUB for Chase. It's been a year and our cards are still open. And there are people in these threads that have done it with Chase. Some (AMEX) are very strict and will likely claw it back. Others are more lenient. Doesn't mean everyone will be fine, but I was.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:12 am
Suspended

I personally did MS last year and received a SUB from Chase. I have a family member that used GCM to finish off the required spending for a SUB for Chase. It's been a year and our cards are still open. And there are people in these threads that have done it with Chase. Some (AMEX) are very strict and will likely claw it back. Others are more lenient. Doesn't mean everyone will be fine, but I was.
wrongest!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:55 am

wrongest!
It's ok bud; no need to pout. I simply posted an experience, as have others before me, that proves you wrong. No shame in manning up and admitting you don't know everything. It'll be ok.
Happy and mySimon411 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:08 am
Suspended

It's ok bud; no need to pout. I simply posted an experience, as have others before me, that proves you wrong. No shame in manning up and admitting you don't know everything. It'll be ok.
the most wrong that ever could be!!!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:14 am

the most wrong that ever could be!!!
Lol. Someone needs a safe space
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:57 am
Suspended

Lol. Someone needs a safe space
So does [insert credit card issuer here] close your accounts if you MS the sign up bonus? I mean, there's almost no one on FT that has ever asked that question before. And it hasn't been answered at least 20,000 times. I'd just genuinely like to know the answer.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:18 pm

So does [insert credit card issuer here] close your accounts if you MS the sign up bonus? I mean, there's almost no one on FT that has ever asked that question before. And it hasn't been answered at least 20,000 times. I'd just genuinely like to know the answer.
Why don't you get another hobby, if it upsets you so much that someone asks a question that you already know the answer? Why not simply answer the question and share your knowledge? Or ignore it?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:11 pm

getting back on topic..has anyone experienced the following with GCM? You click "submit order" button and system hangs up on "processing". Never get confirmation. So click thru again (simply best) and same thing..never goes to proceeding your order page. So I close out site and check my CC. Lo and behold.. it was charged 2x!! Orders are Pending..so I will see what happens. I emailed GCM and awaiting response. Just completed my 2500 on online purchase with this BOA card so don't want the 2nd charge to go thru.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
getting back on topic..has anyone experienced the following with GCM? You click "submit order" button and system hangs up on "processing". Never get confirmation. So click thru again (simply best) and same thing..never goes to proceeding your order page. So I close out site and check my CC. Lo and behold.. it was charged 2x!! Orders are Pending..so I will see what happens. I emailed GCM and awaiting response. Just completed my 2500 on online purchase with this BOA card so don't want the 2nd charge to go thru.
Evidently several reasons. Look back through the thread. One example for me was putting in the wrong CVV code. Did it a couple time before noticing. Corrected and everything worked.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by walterj
Why don't you get another hobby, if it upsets you so much that someone asks a question that you already know the answer? Why not simply answer the question and share your knowledge? Or ignore it?
Didn't you see? I said I genuinely wanted to know the answer!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Did you by chance check your junk email box. Sometimes, for odd reasons, confirmation emails wind up there.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:14 pm
soy

Programs: various
This happened to me the other day, but I neither transaction has went through yet. Still showing as pending on my cc and I got an email from GCM to complete my order today.
I did not stress much, as I am not in a panic to get cards right now, will probably try later thru a different browser
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I have no experience with this particular issue, but I have found GCM customer service to be pretty good. Their call center is obviously not in North America, but they are pretty good. If you end up getting charged for an order that never went through, they will likely offer to cancel the order and refund the money.
deker0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.