Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

I would agree that AmEx MR related discussions are best held in the FT AmEx forum so let's please end that off topic tangent.

tcook052
MS forum moderator
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:27 pm

My daily post once again stating my gcmall order that tracked has not been awarded the deserved cc bonus points......
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:34 pm

Is anyone able to confirm that also points from the card are posting? I suspect a lot of us are waiting for credit to open up again before we can make a test purchase. It would be nice to know if someone's spending on other sites is getting credited or if this is a problem with all points everywhere.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:59 pm

Ordered my giftcard mall purchase and got 1% back. Have not recieved the 3% from my ebates Visa card though. I would order as many as possible as they probably in the midst of making this dead.

Or unless u get the 3% after the statement closes.

Just got my ebates Visa couple weeks ago.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
Is anyone able to confirm that also points from the card are posting? I suspect a lot of us are waiting for credit to open up again before we can make a test purchase. It would be nice to know if someone's spending on other sites is getting credited or if this is a problem with all points everywhere.
Are you asking if the 1% tracks if you use the card somewhere other than GCM? I’ve only ever used my card there, but I have plenty of available credit on the card. I could make a purchase locally to see if that tracks if that’s what you’re asking. Or are you asking if the 3% tracks through a different seller on Rakuten?

Originally Posted by Eyesonthepoints
Ordered my giftcard mall purchase and got 1% back. Have not recieved the 3% from my ebates Visa card though. I would order as many as possible as they probably in the midst of making this dead.

Or unless u get the 3% after the statement closes.

Just got my ebates Visa couple weeks ago.
There isn’t anything in the card’s T&C that say this is prohibited. It basically says that if you’re awarded 1% on the portal, you get an additional 3% if you used the card.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by DBFL

Are you asking if the 1% tracks if you use the card somewhere other than GCM? I’ve only ever used my card there, but I have plenty of available credit on the card. I could make a purchase locally to see if that tracks if that’s what you’re asking. Or are you asking if the 3% tracks through a different seller on Rakuten?

That's what I'm asking. (either question, to clarify) My credit is tied up until probably Monday at the earliest. I am wondering if local purchases or sites besides GCM are reporting anything or if perhaps there is a change to how the card reports points and we'll start seeing it on statement closing or something.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
That's what I'm asking. (either question, to clarify) My credit is tied up until probably Monday at the earliest. I am wondering if local purchases or sites besides GCM are reporting anything or if perhaps there is a change to how the card reports points and we'll start seeing it on statement closing or something.
According to Rakuten, it’s supposed to post around 7 days after the charge posts. The explanation was that they are waiting for confirmation that the card was used (so basically waiting on information from Synchrony).
I’ll test both methods today. I’ll make a purchase through the portal now and then also use it locally tonight. Let’s see what happens.

Update: Online purchase made through portal for a non-GC purchase. The normal CB has already posted. No 3% yet, but that has always lagged about a day behind.

Last edited by DBFL; Aug 10, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:36 am

At the end of July I had purchased some supplements from bodybuilding.com and there was a nice CB bonus plus obviously the 3%. It tracked the regular portal CB then the next day I got the 3% from using the card. A week later I made a GCM purchase with the card and I still haven't had the 3% after the initial 1% tracked immediately.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:51 am

Anyone get a significantly higher credit line on their Ebates than their "temporary" credit line? Or are they pretty much always the same? If not, me and GCM gonna be doing 1 card at a time!
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by horseymen
Anyone get a significantly higher credit line on their Ebates than their "temporary" credit line? Or are they pretty much always the same? If not, me and GCM gonna be doing 1 card at a time!
My temporary limit was $1k. My permanent card has a limit of $5.5k.
horseymen and 808traveler like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by horseymen
I was told that my history wasn't established or something and that I have to build it up. I'm gonna be doing one card for a while lol.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:16 pm

Are we sure the T&S didn't change when they switched over to a Rakuten card from the eBates card? I've been holding off ordering any more GCM cards until I see my 3% CB post from a few early August purchases.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by daddyo_daddyo
Are we sure the T&S didn't change when they switched over to a Rakuten card from the eBates card? I've been holding off ordering any more GCM cards until I see my 3% CB post from a few early August purchases.
They do have an exclusion in the cash back rules for gift cards and it is referenced from the credit card T&S but they have been giving 1% for GCM purchases and my purchase from 7/29 did get 3%. They could change all of this though.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Nothing in August has posted 3x for me. This included normal shopping purchases at Old Navy and Vineyard Vines. That makes me think this is something larger than just GiftCardMall.
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:29 pm

Still nothing.....I like the above discussion....is anyone getting anything to post the 3% in August?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.