FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

littleconsumer Aug 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Anyone have an issue where their initial load to a serve temp card did not go through? I purchased 2 temp cards and put $497 on one, and $500 on another. One loaded, and the other didn't.

NoonRadar Aug 29, 2015 1:47 pm

I know we are both cross posting, but for sake of data points I'll the same here to see if others might know

Originally Posted by djschni (Post 25345198)
I just activated my serve card this month after switching from Bluebird. Every time I try to load my card at WM, the CSR is kicked out at a little slip prints with the balance.

For clarification, the CSR is definitely pressing action 70, and she told me that the option to reload isn't showing up on her screen and it boots her out of the process. Has anyone had a similar experience and how was it resolved?

Are these recently upgraded registers by any chance? Ask the CRS about it, they should know if there was a recent software upgrade/update.

What about at Family Dollar?

Mamibear Aug 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by littleconsumer (Post 25347477)
Anyone have an issue where their initial load to a serve temp card did not go through? I purchased 2 temp cards and put $497 on one, and $500 on another. One loaded, and the other didn't.

Did you check your receipt to see if both cards were Activated and show the last 4 digits of the packaging barcode? If one of them did not get properly activated it would say something like Fail -xxxx on your receipt, which if this is the case, go back to the merchant and see if they will fix it for you. You can also check balance of the card that didn't load to see if there is an initial load on it.

littleconsumer Aug 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25347825)
Did you check your receipt to see if both cards were Activated and show the last 4 digits of the packaging barcode? If one of them did not get properly activated it would say something like Fail -xxxx on your receipt, which if this is the case, go back to the merchant and see if they will fix it for you. You can also check balance of the card that didn't load to see if there is an initial load on it.

Receipt shows packaging barcode. "Fail" is not mentioned anywhere on the receipt. Checking the balance online yields nothing. In fact, the serve site says that the card # isn't valid. I'm waiting until the charge posts to my card before going back to the merchant.

dereckxu2014 Aug 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Cannot load serve at local walmart

HI guys,

I tried to load my serve at walmart in midway saint paul. However, after they swipe my serve card, it only had two options: 1. cash out 2. inquiry. I tried at the cashier, money center, and customer service, and the same thing happened. Since there isn't a load option, they told me I cannot load it at all. (They pressed 70 and action). The kiosk in the store was broken and may take up to 2 months to be fixed:(. I successfully loaded $500 at family dollar, but the cashier told me he can only load serve $500 per day. So I had to go back many times. Does anyone know what went wrong? Is it a store-specific issue? Or is it my card? I called serve and they told me it's walmart's problem. I would really appreciate it if someone could share some insight into this. Thanks!

Rooks Aug 29, 2015 5:45 pm

I just went to fd to load and they tried to charge me a $3.95 fee. Is this new or did the cashier screw up? Last time I loaded there was a month ago.

dereckxu2014 Aug 29, 2015 5:48 pm

I did it at FD this afternoon. Loaded 500 dollars and it was free.

Rooks Aug 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by dereckxu2014 (Post 25348532)
I did it at FD this afternoon. Loaded 500 dollars and it was free.

Thanks. I guess the cashier did something wrong, but I wonder what? I'll try another fd.

Rooks Aug 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Two days in a row at Walmart I tried to load a new serve card and it didn't give the cashier the option to load. It only said inquiry or get cash. I don't know what the problem is because I activated the card already.

dereckxu2014 Aug 29, 2015 6:37 pm

THANKS FOR SHARING:). I called serve a few minutes ago and the CSR told me there seems to be a problem with the Walmart system causing this. Call serve to ask if they have fixed the problem before going to Walmart.

dereckxu2014 Aug 29, 2015 6:39 pm

I read the wiki, but still want to verify if I use my platinum card to load 3000 onto serve within 3 months. Will I be able to get the welcome bonus? Or would this be too suspicious and cause me to fail to get the welcome bonus? Thank you!

Rooks Aug 29, 2015 6:40 pm

I just called serve too and they just said that there was no problem with my card. No mention of wm's system having problems. Hope you're right.

CockyDoc16 Aug 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Anyone know if a $500 load from a bank account to my spouse's serve account...that is then transferred to my Redbird (to avoid the $1 fee if we're not active with Serve) will get the account flagged? What about just loading $500 with a checking account and then withdrawing to that same checking account later in the month? I know I should probably just switch the Serve to Bluebird, but I like having the option of loading at FD in case I end up with a vanilla. Thank you!

nfpa70e Aug 29, 2015 8:44 pm

I have AE serve card, can you load gift cards with debit /PIN number? I believe if you have this card, you are not eligible for Target Red bird card. Is this correct?

wallyworld2015 Aug 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by jaggudada11 (Post 25348998)
I have AE serve card, can you load gift cards with debit /PIN number? I believe if you have this card, you are not eligible for Target Red bird card. Is this correct?

I am brand new here and will answer before you get beat up (might happen anyway). All of these questions are already answered if you had taken even a moment to read the initial intro of this very same thread.

To your first question if you mean online, no, and you will end up getting the card locked, blocked or shutdown. At the store at registers or Kate, yes. But you likely should read a bit more before heading that direction and trying it so that you will know what "should" happen so if you run into a problem in any step of the process you will know how best to react/handle the situation.

To answer your second question you are only allowed to have 1 type of card Red, Blue, or Serve registered to you.

My advice take an hour and read the wiki and some of the last 20 pages or more of posts in this thread you will benefit greatly from the information here and have a reduced chance of having minor issues such as loading the card issues to major ones of having the account closed/locked before you make your first load.

Other members with more mileage please correct me if anything I said is inaccurate.