FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

ACVid Dec 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015)

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan (Post 24071140)
read the wiki - online load limit was always $200/d if that's what you mean

I loaded $1500 ($500 x3) online debit loads (soft serve) using my PPBDMC this month. Please try to avoid posting incorrect information.

LiarsDice Jan 1, 2015 12:28 am

Couldn't find my question answered anywhere (including Wiki/search of thread).

I wanted to add myself as a sub-account to my wife's Serve account. When attempting, I was informed the phone number is already in use (I have my own Serve account w/ this #). I entered a phone number, off by one digit, and I'm not sure if this will cause issue, but it did accept it. Any concerns I should be aware of by using a fake phone number?

MisterEdF Jan 1, 2015 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by LiarsDice (Post 24081723)
Couldn't find my question answered anywhere (including Wiki/search of thread).

I wanted to add myself as a sub-account to my wife's Serve account. When attempting, I was informed the phone number is already in use (I have my own Serve account w/ this #). I entered a phone number, off by one digit, and I'm not sure if this will cause issue, but it did accept it. Any concerns I should be aware of by using a fake phone number?

I just use a throwaway Google Voice number in those cases. There shouldn't be a problem but with a sub-account you can NOT add additional funds if that was your thought. You're still limited by the account limits. Sub-accounts are very limited, in fact you can't even use the card unless the main account holder assigns you funds to draw off of. It's basically for the "kids."

dingo Jan 1, 2015 6:36 pm

I've got a BB account. I sent my last payment today to bring it to zero. The website said the payment would be delivered on January 7.

I want to close the account and open a Serve/Softcard account.

Do I need to wait until the payment is actually delivered, or can I go ahead and close the account online now?

xraywinedrinker Jan 1, 2015 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 24085545)
I've got a BB account. I sent my last payment today to bring it to zero. The website said the payment would be delivered on January 7.

Do I need to wait until the payment is actually delivered, or can I go ahead and close the account online now?

You'll need to wait for the payment to clear before closing the BB acct.

Mamibear Jan 1, 2015 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 24085545)

for your protection, it is best to make sure your payment has posted or if it's a payment to an individual, make sure it has been received so you don't have to file a dispute with Serve. It'll be difficult to file disputes on a close account. The decision is yours.

christof Jan 2, 2015 3:22 am

Originally Posted by miadeals (Post 23404287)
OK I FIGURED IT OUT - for those of us who live in APARTMENTS!

That was the problem!

So, this is what Barclays does: You give them your home address, like 1234 Main St, Apt 999.

Barclay's system immediately ignores USPS convention and every other source of logic, and they put the apartment on the FIRST LINE instead of the second line like they are supposed to, and put your street address on the second line instead of the first line. Basically, their system looks for anyone with an address at an apartment, and swaps them, contrary to USPS convention.

So, in their AVS (Address Verification System) your address is saved as this:
Apt 999
1234 Main St

So, when Amex goes to authorize it, the AVS comes back as "no match."

So, first I went into my Barclay's profile, and fixed my address: I put the street address first, the apartment second, and saved it.

By the next day Barclay's had swapped them back!

So I went in and tried to fix it again. Then I went to Serve and tried to authorize it immediately. Still wouldn't work - because although its fixed in your online account, it is STILL not fixed in their AVS system - which is probably updated once a day, AFTER they "fix" your address!

Now, I run a business and have a merchant account, so I started running my card for $1 to see what was going on. First I tried with my address "1234 Main St" and was DECLINED. Then I tried with my address as "Apt 999" and was APPROVED.

So I realized their AVS is not updated. So I go to Serve, and try "Apt 999".

FAIL. I have no idea why.

So THEN I try, and this is insane, just "Apt".

Yes, when it asked for address, I put:

APT

And bingo, Serve approves me.

:rolleyes:

What a crap company Barclay's is.

TL;DR: if you live in apartment and try to load your Barclay's card to Serve, go to your Profile in Barclay's, look at ONLY THE VERY FIRST NUMBER OR WORD THEY HAVE for your address, and ONLY put that in - nothing more, nothing less. Do not try to fix it, do not try to change it, do not put anything else in. For street address you put the first "word" or "number" on your street address in the profile as barclay's tells you they are. Barclay's word is god. Do not attempt to correct them.

This worked for me to add my US Airways USAir MasterCard Barclays Barclaycard. Someone, please update the wiki: Barclaycard holders who have a unit / apartment / suite in their address should only input APT for the Address Line 1.

In the meantime, has anyone tried their US card yet? The $750 monthly Jan - Mar / 15K miles promo started and I plan to use the credit card load to meet the requirements if it posts as a sale, not as a cash advance. Thanks!

dingo Jan 2, 2015 6:01 am

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker (Post 24085588)
You'll need to wait for the payment to clear before closing the BB acct.

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24085592)
for your protection, it is best to make sure your payment has posted or if it's a payment to an individual, make sure it has been received so you don't have to file a dispute with Serve. It'll be difficult to file disputes on a close account. The decision is yours.

Thanks folks. Will sit tight until the last two payments have posted.

dingo Jan 2, 2015 6:08 am

Looking at some payments on my wife's Serve account.

The only information on payments is a ref number and a delivery date. There isn't anything showing if the payment was actually sent or received.

Is it safe to assume that once the delivery date has passed, that the payment has actually been sent by AMEX?

Mamibear Jan 2, 2015 6:32 am

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 24087451)
Is it safe to assume that once the delivery date has passed, that the payment has actually been sent by AMEX?

I don't just assume anything; if I made payments to utility companies/CCs, I check my account at those sites to see if payment went through and that's my assurance. As to paying individuals, you have to check with them and verify they received the check. Once all that is clear, you're good.

jorbren Jan 2, 2015 7:30 am

Does anyone have advice or know first had how to get the $500 back that was taken off my one vanilla, but failed to load onto my Serve card. At family dollar ive had no problem in the past, but this last time it debited my one vanilla taking away 500, but the transaction failed and froze the computer when trying to load it to my serve, making the 500 disappear. The manager tried to credit it back but that didnt work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jorbren Jan 2, 2015 7:33 am

Issues at family dollar loading serve

Does anyone have advice, or know first had how to get the $500 back that was taken off my one vanilla, but failed to load onto my Serve card. At family dollar i've had no problem in the past, but this last time it debited my one vanilla taking away 500, but the transaction failed and froze the computer when trying to load it to my serve, making the 500 disappear. The manager tried to credit it back but that didn't work. I know there is a limit to not load over $500, but this was my first load of the day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

cdmoye Jan 2, 2015 8:35 am

I switched my spouse's account from BB to Serve last month and have yet to be able to do billpay with the new serve. Instead, I get one of two behaviors:

1. I click "Pay Bill" (or whatever), go through the motions, and it fails. In this case, I notice that the date of the payment is always 01/01/01... clearly wrong.

2. I click "Pay Bill" (or whatever), and get the lightning bolt with the following text: "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request at the moment. Please try again. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I've called technical support twice. They have said "we see the issue, we'll have it fixed in 2-3 business days" both times.

I imagine that there's more experience, and overall helpfulness, here than there is with their CSRs, so .. help? :)

Thanks.

Mamibear Jan 2, 2015 8:50 am

Originally Posted by jorbren (Post 24087742)
Does anyone have advice or know first had how to get the $500 back that was taken off my one vanilla, but failed to load onto my Serve card. At family dollar ive had no problem in the past, but this last time it debited my one vanilla taking away 500, but the transaction failed and froze the computer when trying to load it to my serve, making the 500 disappear. The manager tried to credit it back but that didnt work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've read cases like this dealt successfully with FD. I suggest you go back to the store and talk to the manager since they know what happened and they should be able to help you trace where your funds from VGC went to. If the manager won't help you, contact FD corporate and hopefully you have a receipt of such transactions to prove your case.

In most cases I've read, it was FD that gave them back their money after several weeks. Good luck!

Ritley572 Jan 2, 2015 9:08 am

Originally Posted by cdmoye (Post 24088047)
I switched my spouse's account from BB to Serve last month and have yet to be able to do billpay with the new serve. Instead, I get one of two behaviors:

1. I click "Pay Bill" (or whatever), go through the motions, and it fails. In this case, I notice that the date of the payment is always 01/01/01... clearly wrong.

2. I click "Pay Bill" (or whatever), and get the lightning bolt with the following text: "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request at the moment. Please try again. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I've called technical support twice. They have said "we see the issue, we'll have it fixed in 2-3 business days" both times.

I imagine that there's more experience, and overall helpfulness, here than there is with their CSRs, so .. help? :)

Thanks.

Make sure the phone number associated with the account is the full 10 digits (has an area code)

changger1 Jan 2, 2015 9:09 am

Originally Posted by jorbren (Post 24087749)
Does anyone have advice, or know first had how to get the $500 back that was taken off my one vanilla, but failed to load onto my Serve card. At family dollar i've had no problem in the past, but this last time it debited my one vanilla taking away 500, but the transaction failed and froze the computer when trying to load it to my serve, making the 500 disappear. The manager tried to credit it back but that didn't work. I know there is a limit to not load over $500, but this was my first load of the day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You need to have the manager talk to the corporate office and the corporate office will credit your $500 back to the One vanilla card. Give the manager a copy of the receipt and a copy of the One Vanilla Card so corporate gets a copy. This has happened a lot so the corporate office will know what to do. It took about 3 weeks and a lot of phone calls to get my $500 returned. Good luck.

cdmoye Jan 2, 2015 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Ritley572 (Post 24088213)
Make sure the phone number associated with the account is the full 10 digits (has an area code)

I tried that. I even changed it to a different number just in case there was, somehow, something wrong with the first one I used. Any other suggestions?

Mamibear Jan 2, 2015 9:50 am

Originally Posted by cdmoye (Post 24088380)
I tried that. I even changed it to a different number just in case there was, somehow, something wrong with the first one I used. Any other suggestions?

DH had similar issues and their CS was of no help so he just closed the account. Re-registered for Serve-SC and he never had problems again.

msp3 Jan 2, 2015 10:00 am

Can someone send me a softcard referral?

Bryant Leeds Jan 2, 2015 10:18 am

Originally Posted by msp3 (Post 24088493)
Can someone send me a softcard referral?

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a Serve referral.

CasualGuy Jan 2, 2015 10:47 am

I went thru this once.
At the suggestion of the Store Manager I sent Email to Family Dollar Corporate from their website. Received email from someone a day or two later asking for some info. Next day, received confirmation that they had submitted credit to my card. About seven days later, credit received!

cdmoye Jan 2, 2015 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24088420)
DH had similar issues and their CS was of no help so he just closed the account. Re-registered for Serve-SC and he never had problems again.

Would like to avoid that. I use the subaccounts for my kids' allowances. And I *just* switched all that from BB last month... Actually, maybe I'll do that anyhow. It would be better for them to have their allowances on a Redcard. Get them 5% off at Target.

I'm open to other suggestions, though. I'd much rather not close this account and go through the process again.

bob26 Jan 2, 2015 1:32 pm

Happened to me today as well. I used that FD many times w/o any problems. Store manager could not do anything, so I sent an e-mail to FD corporate. Wondering if this is due to some changes introduced in 2015

tgienger Jan 2, 2015 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by bob26 (Post 24089749)
Happened to me today as well. I used that FD many times w/o any problems. Store manager could not do anything, so I sent an e-mail to FD corporate. Wondering if this is due to some changes introduced in 2015

I loaded $200 MCGCs at 2 different FD today at lunch. No problems at all here.

Adirondacker Jan 3, 2015 6:35 am

Originally Posted by cdmoye (Post 24088770)
Would like to avoid that. I use the subaccounts for my kids' allowances. And I *just* switched all that from BB last month... Actually, maybe I'll do that anyhow. It would be better for them to have their allowances on a Redcard. Get them 5% off at Target.

I'm open to other suggestions, though. I'd much rather not close this account and go through the process again.

I had this issue when I first opened my card it took a couple of weeks to sort it out. It ended up being that they needed to verify my credit card. This was when they did the three way call verification with the cc company. I think there is now a verification process you can do online?

Toboggan Jan 3, 2015 8:47 am

Anybody load with a Chase Ink Plus card this month already?

Cash advance balance return to normal as always?

SANTraveler Jan 3, 2015 3:15 pm

Could someone PM me a referral offer?

I mainly would like to pay my rent and my student loans via serve and the 1500 dollar CC limit would work just fine.

Thanks.

I already received the referral, thanks!

pjtravel22 Jan 4, 2015 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Toboggan (Post 24093551)
Anybody load with a Chase Ink Plus card this month already?

Cash advance balance return to normal as always?

Yep - loaded $200 each day on 1/1, 1/2, and 1/3. 1/1 load has posted as a purchase. Cash advance limit is only down $400 for pendings on 1/2 and 1/3.

Appears to be normal.

Toboggan Jan 4, 2015 9:21 am

Originally Posted by pjtravel22 (Post 24097676)
Yep - loaded $200 each day on 1/1, 1/2, and 1/3. 1/1 load has posted as a purchase. Cash advance limit is only down $400 for pendings on 1/2 and 1/3.

Appears to be normal.

Awesome.

Thanks a lot :D

4zuresky Jan 4, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello all! I made a new account just to get in the discussion! :) Been a long time lurker.

I plan to use a cc to just load online since there isn't any walmart near sf so the gc plan is out. How long do you guys usually wait before withdrawing out the loaded money from serve? And how much at a time? I do know there is a 200/day and 1000/month policy for loading cc online. Thanks for the help!

Mamibear Jan 4, 2015 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by 4zuresky (Post 24101910)
Hello all! I made a new account just to get in the discussion! :) Been a long time lurker.

I plan to use a cc to just load online since there isn't any walmart near sf so the gc plan is out. How long do you guys usually wait before withdrawing out the loaded money from serve? And how much at a time? It's up to you as long as you don't exceed your available balance. I do know there is a 200/day and 1000/month policy for loading cc online. Thanks for the help!

if you have bills to pay, you'd be better off using B/P instead of w/d to your bank account. While you can w/d to bank a few times w/o AA, doing it over and over with no other activities shown on your account may sound the alarm. Proceed with caution.

4zuresky Jan 4, 2015 8:07 pm

Sorry, but I am still not sure of every acronym. What does B/P stand for? Thanks for helping out! I'll definitely be careful.

NikSem Jan 4, 2015 8:54 pm

Bill payment, including credit card bills.

fr33b13 Jan 5, 2015 10:10 am

Originally Posted by thekejemon (Post 24051979)
I have never been able to successfully send a check from my Serve account to to my apartment...anyone else have trouble with this?

I have to call serve after a week and cancel the check, I've given up after 4 tries to pay rent like this

I had issues once when I had special character in the address. Leave out any periods or commas

maheshkk Jan 5, 2015 2:20 pm

Help please

I got on to recent Staples deals on giftcards/ I have total of $1800 worth of money sitting on these giftcards that I thought i could just transfer over to serve and then to my bank account.

I tried to load MS and visa giftcards at WM and CVS to my serve and the system reject the transaction (TENDER NOT ALLOWED). I set pin to both these cards at giftcardmall online and tried again without success.

What am I missing? I read multiple people mention in those threads that these giftcards can be loaded to serve account? Please help!

Lumpylump76 Jan 5, 2015 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by maheshkk (Post 24106796)
I got on to recent Staples deals on giftcards/ I have total of $1800 worth of money sitting on these giftcards that I thought i could just transfer over to serve and then to my bank account.

I tried to load MS and visa giftcards at WM and CVS to my serve and the system reject the transaction (TENDER NOT ALLOWED). I set pin to both these cards at giftcardmall online and tried again without success.

What am I missing? I read multiple people mention in those threads that these giftcards can be loaded to serve account? Please help!

Read the WIKI on this thread!!!! You are missing tons of info, and it's all in the wiki.

maheshkk Jan 5, 2015 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 (Post 24106902)
Read the WIKI on this thread!!!! You are missing tons of info, and it's all in the wiki.

Thanks for replying! I did read the wiki, the part

TENDER NOT ALLOWED
Card was incorrectly read, or wrong PIN entered.

Doesnt really apply in my case as I am sure I entered right pin.

roki Jan 5, 2015 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by maheshkk (Post 24106932)
Thanks for replying! I did read the wiki, the part

TENDER NOT ALLOWED
Card was incorrectly read, or wrong PIN entered.

Doesnt really apply in my case as I am sure I entered right pin.

From the Wiki:

If your card doesn't say "debit" on the front, it isn't a debit card.

Normal Serve
Online Debit Card Load - $200/day and $1,000/month (NOT a gift card with a PIN that some people call a "Debit card")

maheshkk Jan 5, 2015 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by roki (Post 24106997)
From the Wiki:

Thanks. Yes my card does say DEBIT in front. And I did not try to load it online as I read it wouldnt work because it is a giftcard.

zjts Jan 5, 2015 3:03 pm

is there any current referral or account opening bonus for just serve.com ? not soft card? thx If there is a better forum for me to ask this in, please be patient & post the link

Has anyone been able to get their account re-opened or open a new serve account after amex CLOSED their account (not locked... closed)?