FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

diseased Oct 29, 2015 8:42 am

Has anyone tried loading the green Serve with a gc at Dollar General? I switched two RB accounts to OneVip which don't list DG as a load partner and got a green for myself.

kenme1 Oct 29, 2015 8:55 am

Originally Posted by jeepzy3 (Post 25631055)
Macy's amex is slow to post. I loaded $200 from my Macy's Amex to serve, but don't see the transaction yet on Macy's online. Does anyone know if Macy's Amex will show up as purchase or cash advance?

I tried to remove or lower the cash advance limit last night via chat & just ran around in circles. Then the dumb CSR just posts the phone # to call.

Why are you using a Macy's Amex? Get a Fido and get a free $240 year.

sosamo Oct 29, 2015 11:21 am

Hi guys, so I signed up for the Serve (green) card by mistake instead of the OneVip. I see the only major difference is the Monthly fee of $4.95 vs. $1/$0. I don't think it's worth the hassle to cancel (for now). Is there any other differences? I see that the Green Serve list 45k locations to the VIP's 27k location. It doesn't really matter since Walmart is on both of them.

pritomd Oct 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 25633856)
Hi guys, so I signed up for the Serve (green) card by mistake instead of the OneVip. I see the only major difference is the Monthly fee of $4.95 vs. $1/$0. I don't think it's worth the hassle to cancel (for now). Is there any other differences? I see that the Green Serve list 45k locations to the VIP's 27k location. It doesn't really matter since Walmart is on both of them.

Where are you getting these numbers? I thought Green and OneVIP load at the same locations (WM, FD, 7-11, CVS (cash for last two) )

sosamo Oct 29, 2015 12:21 pm

https://serve.com/cash-reload-prepai...hloadlearnmore

Largest FREE Cash Reload network with over 45,000 locations*

OneVIP says 27,000 locations.

I see that Dollar General and RiteAid are on the list for the Green Serve.

pritomd Oct 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Ah yeah, maybe those two extras account for the larger number.

Also, just loaded OneVIP at Walmart in Northern VA just fine, no issues. Metabank VGC, $500. Checkout line.

BigYellowDog Oct 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Anyone know if Rite Aid allows gebit loads?

Stivelio Oct 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Got onevip serve shipped card email on 10/20 but haven't received the card yet. Should I be concerned and call Amex about this? Please advise

sosamo Oct 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by BigYellowDog (Post 25634627)
Anyone know if Rite Aid allows gebit loads?

Never know. but I think it will be cash only. Later one if they do merge with Walgreen, I wonder how that pan out.

Phantom707 Oct 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ranjeetv (Post 25634708)
Got onevip serve shipped card email on 10/20 but haven't received the card yet. Should I be concerned and call Amex about this? Please advise

There's little harm in calling, but I can almost guarantee that they're just going to say wait a little bit longer because it can take up to two weeks.

Julian Brennan Oct 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ranjeetv (Post 25634708)

That's probably my fault! I received my card twice with a few days in between! They're both identical, incl. CVV code etc ;-)

Stivelio Oct 29, 2015 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan (Post 25634828)
That's probably my fault! I received my card twice with a few days in between! They're both identical, incl. CVV code etc ;-)

Well. That was meant to be funny but I did get a second red card about the same time frame and I wonder if they messed it up ;-)

Mamibear Oct 29, 2015 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 25634717)
Never know. but I think it will be cash only. Later one if they do merge with Walgreen, I wonder how that pan out.

I tried it at my WAG a month ago and register prompted for cash to load prepaid :(

Happy Oct 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Gimpyknee (Post 25632715)
Tracking my loads, I was surprised to see that my load cycle is NOT the end of the month... (OneVIP). I was checking to make sure I had my load in by 10/31, and see the message that "you've loaded $320 this month, load more by 11/18." I had made a load earlier in the month of $300, but it was prior to 10/18.

Had been sure that Serve was a calendar month load. Obviously not. I've tweeted @AskAMEX, no answer yet -- then called in. The doofus on the phone was little help, said just call in, they'll fix it.

Went back and read the T&C under fees... and guess what... Serve loads are on a statement cycle. So, either go well over $500/month, throughout the month, or pay attention to your calendars. Then again, it is only a dollar....

From the Fee section:
$0 during each monthly statement period in which you receive a Direct Deposit or add $500 or more to your Account.

And yes, some of you are doing far more than $300 loads at a time... some of us are just starting out... getting feet wet, so to speak. On the upside, I am managing 3 Serves, so I'm scaling up.

Your initial wordings are a bit confusing as if you meant about the $5000 monthly load limit on Serve is not by calendar month but by statement cycle. Though after reading more paragraphs I finally understood what you tried to say.

It has ALWAYS been on a Statement cycle when it comes to the $1 monthly fee.

Some people report if you have 0 balance, the fee would not be charged on statement date. No idea if this is true or not.

BigYellowDog Oct 29, 2015 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 25635099)

Some people report if you have 0 balance, the fee would not be charged on statement date. No idea if this is true or not.

I specifically asked this question to a CSR and they said it would not be charged.