FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

bigpete54 Oct 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by uPantcho (Post 25624284)
the idea was just to swipe my tmob as debit

I have been loading Reloadit cards to my T-mobile card and then using my T-mobile card to load my Serve card at Walmart. No issues at all. Have been doing a few thousand a month for a while now and have had no issues.

Here is a post I made about what I do.

Chelski Oct 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by uPantcho (Post 25624284)
the idea was just to swipe my tmob as debit

Can you use it as a debit? If so, go try and report back.

Phantom707 Oct 27, 2015 3:43 pm

There is ACH into Serve. That's either direct deposit or using the add funds from Bank account. Yes, that's a thing.

Yes, you can load funds from T-Mobile to Serve by swiping the debit card in store.

mittenfingerz Oct 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982 (Post 25623975)
Went to my Walmart and asked the moneycenter girls where the Kate machine was at and they looked at me like I was nuts.

Awesome experience!

lmao

isriam Oct 27, 2015 5:05 pm

Went to my Walmart and asked the moneycenter girls where the Kate machine was at and they looked at me like I was nuts.

Awesome experience!

Wow there are no words for this guy...

uPantcho Oct 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by bigpete54 (Post 25624373)
I have been loading Reloadit cards to my T-mobile card and then using my T-mobile card to load my Serve card at Walmart. No issues at all. Have been doing a few thousand a month for a while now and have had no issues.

Here is a post I made about what I do.

thanks for the guide.

do you have datapoints for people being shutdown for abusing the reinbursement benefit? if that is true i may skip the tmobile card completely and straight from reload to serve... (im planning on doing around 15-20k a month)

mberlew Oct 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Has anyone who has been requested to send copy of photo ID and credit card via secure document upload gotten the error message "That upload didn't work. Please try again."? I keep getting that message, on both my wife's account and mine.

I got the error message when submitting my second online funding request for $200 (likely because I am using an Amex card issued by another bank). Called in today and they sent me the email with instructions for the document upload, but i just can't get it to accept my upload (and I am doing as PDF and it is under 4MB, per the instructions).

Phantom707 Oct 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by mberlew (Post 25625101)
Has anyone who has been requested to send copy of photo ID and credit card via secure document upload gotten the error message "That upload didn't work. Please try again."? I keep getting that message, on both my wife's account and mine.

I got the error message when submitting my second online funding request for $200 (likely because I am using an Amex card issued by another bank). Called in today and they sent me the email with instructions for the document upload, but i just can't get it to accept my upload (and I am doing as PDF and it is under 4MB, per the instructions).

PDF consistently fails. Use JPEG.

DrForce Oct 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by MrBill64 (Post 25623863)
Data point: I was able to load $500 to my new Blue Serve using a OV at both DG and FD without incurring any load charges. As always YMMV but there was no problem doing these transactions here in upstate NY.

You can load with Debit at DG now?

briang191 Oct 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Awesome experience!

Kate is a flyertalk acronym.

fet Oct 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25622305)
if loading at FD, you can load the full $500 in one transaction; if loading at WM only up to $49.99 per load.

Can someone confirm that Vanilla gift cards can be loaded the full $500 at Family Dollar? Unless you have first hand experience.:)

MrBill64 Oct 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by DrForce (Post 25625271)
You can load with Debit at DG now?

Loaded Blue Serve today at 2 different DG's. Used a $500 OV at each store. I hadn't seen anyone post success at DG loading with a OV (didn't read every post).

Flyby01 Oct 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by MrBill64 (Post 25625499)
Loaded Blue Serve today at 2 different DG's. Used a $500 OV at each store. I hadn't seen anyone post success at DG loading with a OV (didn't read every post).

I'm all done for Oct. And Sunday couldn't come soon enough. I'll have to do a test run at my local DG to see if my area is one of the lucky ones to allow this. Thanks for the datapoint.

mberlew Oct 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 25625202)
PDF consistently fails. Use JPEG.

JPEG worked, thanks for the help!

Flying Hawaiian Oct 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Been doing alot of reading here but can't find the answer to this question.

I want the Old Blue Serve card. I understand that temporary card account number has to have the number 71 in it to activate under the old plan.

Problem is - you can't see the number when you buy it at the store unless you rip the box open.

Is there a way to tell before the purchase? Can I assume all the Blue serve at Walgreens is old?