FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

cdancer20 Sep 3, 2015 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Gimpyknee (Post 25372842)
I'll take a tip from craz and use this post to try to test my comprehension of my reading, and perhaps help Anthony7929 down the path to righteousness.

I am NEW at this.
I believe I understand the process to be...

Possess or apply for a rewards-related CC that is important to you (miles or nights or Starbucks, for all I care...)
Open a RB/BB/Serve account (if new Serve, better get the green one)
Use the rewards card for some regular spend, AND buy VGC (generally not vanilla).
Take the VGC to WM or FD, and use Kate or CSR or cashier to load the serve/RB/BB. If the cashier is stuck, suggest 70+action code (at WM)
Thank the cashier, and fade away.
Use a bill pay mechanism to pay from RB/BB/Serve to the reward card.
Rinse, repeat.

I've been reading for two+ weeks, and I think that's the system.

Advanced users may manage more than one RB/BB/Serve for consenting family members.
Advanced users may choose to purchase AMEX GCs through a cashback portal for more rewards, then proceed with using the AMEX GCs to purchase VGCs.

And don't buy the VGC in the same store/same visit/same cashier line as you're trying to load!!!

Hope I'm on the right track.

Since you seem to have the just of it, I'll help you out.

Use the rewards card for some regular spend, AND buy VGC (generally not vanilla).

You can buy Vanillas Visas IF you plan to use exclusively at Family Dollar to load Serve or if you only possess a Redcard. They work fine at Target but YMMV depending on area/store if they accept them. Same with all stores of course. At this point with the new Serve fees, it might be worth going towards Redcard. The extra Amex Offers are nice though for Serve/BB.

The bill pay mechanism is built into RB/BB/Serve website & app.

Gimpyknee Sep 3, 2015 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 25372905)
Since you seem to have the just of it, I'll help you out.

Thank you...

kenme1 Sep 3, 2015 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Gimpyknee (Post 25372842)
I'll take a tip from craz and use this post to try to test my comprehension of my reading, and perhaps help Anthony7929 down the path to righteousness.

I am NEW at this.
I believe I understand the process to be...

Possess or apply for a rewards-related CC that is important to you (miles or nights or Starbucks, for all I care...)
Open a RB/BB/Serve account (if new Serve, better get the green one)
Take the VGC to WM or FD, and use Kate or CSR or cashier to load the serve/RB/BB. If the cashier is stuck, suggest 70+action code (at WM)
Thank the cashier, and fade away.
Rinse, repeat.

I've been reading for two+ weeks, and I think that's the system.

Advanced users may manage more than one RB/BB/Serve for consenting family members.
Advanced users may choose to purchase AMEX GCs through a cashback portal for more rewards, then proceed with using the AMEX GCs to purchase VGCs.

And don't buy the VGC in the same store/same visit/same cashier line as you're trying to load!!!

Hope I'm on the right track.

A newbie that read the wiki's and understands the basics of MS'ing....... loud round of applause! ^ :) :D

Onlywaytofly Sep 3, 2015 2:17 pm

Another data point for 3727-42 blue serve card

Originally Posted by Gimpyknee (Post 25359552)

Got my new Serve (blue) card yesterday, came back online to read, and saw this post:

Did some checking, and sure enough, I have a 3727-42 blue serve card. WM reloads are listed as "coming soon." Called AMEX, cancelled the card, immediately reapplied for the GREEN Serve card (there's a small link when you apply under the description that says "not your card"). So, I'll have a GREEN card in the mail in 5-7 days.

Hi all, thanks for this great thread and all the helpful souls here. I am new and have read many many posts and the wiki. Also, I'm not here to ask a question but rather say hello and offer another data point on the 3727-42 blue serve card. I received this card around August 14th and have been unable to load at Walmart. After several calls and frustration my call was escalated to tech support and I was told this is a known "problem" and will be resolved by 9/1/15. Guess what? It has not been resolved and today's call I was given 9/11/15 date for resolution. Just thought I would share that in case others are experiencing similar. Good day.

czech99 Sep 3, 2015 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Onlywaytofly (Post 25373312)
Hi all, thanks for this great thread and all the helpful souls here. I am new and have read many many posts and the wiki. Also, I'm not here to ask a question but rather say hello and offer another data point on the 3727-42 blue serve card. I received this card around August 14th and have been unable to load at Walmart. After several calls and frustration my call was escalated to tech support and I was told this is a known "problem" and will be resolved by 9/1/15. Guess what? It has not been resolved and today's call I was given 9/11/15 date for resolution. Just thought I would share that in case others are experiencing similar. Good day.

Good to know they are planning on fixing it though. My "new" Serve already shipped so probably to late to cancel it and get a Green one. I'll just stick it out and wait until the issues fixed. Keep us updated when it works. I'm close to your neck of the woods too. ^

Yossarian147 Sep 3, 2015 5:30 pm

Data point: I was unable to load from my FIA Amex to Serve/Softcard today. "Credit issuer rejected the transaction" (or similar). I had been successful in doing so since I first got this Serve card last September.

edit: nevermind, it worked just now.

Rooks Sep 4, 2015 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Onlywaytofly (Post 25373312)

Their customer service is horrible. I called them a bunch of times and nobody could tell me why it wouldn't work. The info on the previous pages helped me figure out why. I doubt this will be fixed as the issue isn't specific to you, it's that they changed the whole card.

Mamibear Sep 4, 2015 6:04 am

after checking and comparing all the "new" variants of Serve, I think the one that comes close to the "old" blue non Softcard Serve is One VIP Serve with the least fees and can even dodge fees with DD and/or loads of $500 or more to card/month. The green Serve comes with monthly fees of $4.95 except for residents of NY, TX and VT but loading in-store is free. Load limits are the same.

dvshi Sep 4, 2015 9:08 am

Does anybody know if any kind of visa prepaid debit card (netspend, greendot etc) may be used to load serve at walmart k8? I'm trying to maximize chase freedom Q3 bonus (gas station) but no local gas stations sell VGC/MGCs. I only saw some kind of visa prepaid debit cards like netspend though.

neworleans flyer Sep 4, 2015 9:25 am

I've got the old Serve (ISIS) card and get to load $1500/month via credit card. I am trying to change the credit card that is funding my Serve card with no success. I have called them, mailed AND faxed them a copy of my ID and credit card (as per their request) and keep getting the same error below...

This transaction may have failed for any of the following reasons:

Your Serve card has not been activated
There was an issue with the card you attempted to fund the account with (see From Account in Transaction Details above)

· Your card is expired

· The card information you provided is incorrect

· You have exceeded your available balance or credit line

I have tried to upload the documents as well but that kept failing. Any ideas? I called their fraud department and they keep telling to me to resend my documents which I have done 5 times now, so I don't think that's gonna work...

Onlywaytofly Sep 4, 2015 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Rooks (Post 25376088)
Their customer service is horrible. I called them a bunch of times and nobody could tell me why it wouldn't work. The info on the previous pages helped me figure out why. I doubt this will be fixed as the issue isn't specific to you, it's that they changed the whole card.

Definitely could be the case. She made it sound like it was a Walmart POS patch/upgrade that was going to be the fix and they haven't applied it yet. We shall see...

neworleans flyer Sep 4, 2015 10:52 am

Originally Posted by dvshi (Post 25376851)
Does anybody know if any kind of visa prepaid debit card (netspend, greendot etc) may be used to load serve at walmart k8? I'm trying to maximize chase freedom Q3 bonus (gas station) but no local gas stations sell VGC/MGCs. I only saw some kind of visa prepaid debit cards like netspend though.

Be very careful when trying to fund Kate, she takes only a few types of cards and don't think netspend (and many others) are on that list

nfpa70e Sep 4, 2015 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25376112)
after checking and comparing all the "new" variants of Serve, I think the one that comes close to the "old" blue non Softcard Serve is One VIP Serve with the least fees and can even dodge fees with DD and/or loads of $500 or more to card/month. The green Serve comes with monthly fees of $4.95 except for residents of NY, TX and VT but loading in-store is free. Load limits are the same.

I have Serve card. It seems between Redbird, serve and soft serve, you can only have one card at a time? That too soft serve is not available for new customers. This green serve seems to be new. What is the best card to have? I'm a TX resident so fees wouldn't apply to me.

I believe on Serve card, you can unload $1000 per month through amex network only credit cards.You can load serve card in WM, FD through VGCs. So I don't know if there is advantage to having a different card. When I did research while opening a card last year, I thought serve was the best for me.

kenme1 Sep 4, 2015 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by jaggudada11 (Post 25377517)
I have Serve card. It seems between Redbird, serve and soft serve, you can only have one card at a time? That too soft serve is not available for new customers. This green serve seems to be new. What is the best card to have? I'm a TX resident so fees wouldn't apply to me.

I believe on Serve card, you can unload $1000 per month through amex network only credit cards.You can load serve card in WM, FD through VGCs. So I don't know if there is advantage to having a different card. When I did research while opening a card last year, I thought serve was the best for me.

Here we go again with the spoon feeding, read the wiki's all the information is in them. You just joined in Aug 2015, take time to read and learn like most of us did, experiment. You will learn more through trial and error then having people tell you what works and doesn't.

craz Sep 4, 2015 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by jaggudada11 (Post 25377517)

Theres 1 pt you may have left out, how many different WMs and Targets are nearby or within a driving distance that you are willing to do. And are there any working Kates to decide bet a RC & Serve.Then how many FDs to load Serve with as well. If theres any place lower then a WM its FD.

So its not only which card is better but IMO which card has more places for me to load it nearby is just as important