FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

sechs May 15, 2015 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by XP1 (Post 24813870)
Yes, but Amex gift card is not a debit card.

So, you can use it as a credit card, like the prepaid Mastercards and Visas that the poster asked about.

sechs May 15, 2015 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Crest32 (Post 24814116)
I have loaded VGC's to Serve, but have never loaded MGC's. Can I load MGC's to Serve? Is there a different process? Thanks

Read the wiki. You're welcome.

P.S.: You failed.

nkp46 May 15, 2015 8:17 pm

last month I closed my serve and got a red card. Now I think about changing back t serve ... sigh

when I open new serve, can I open it with my original softcard account (ISIS wallet)? will it still have the 1500 credit load limit as before?

Mamibear May 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by nkp46 (Post 24822913)
when I open new serve, can I open it with my original softcard account (ISIS wallet)? will it still have the 1500 credit load limit as before?

No. :(

There's no more Softcard so you can't register for one. PLUS if you switch from one amex product to another, your account will be permanently closed so there's no way to re-open for those who had SoftServe.

good news is you can re-register for a new Serve or BB and start anew.

stutz88 May 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Went to Walmart and loaded 49 to try it out and I did this two times = 98
I went somewhere else and loaded 2 $200 dlls for a total of = 400
I went somewhere else and loaded 1 $200 and 1 $102 total = 302.

So, It's a temp card and I didnt know that the maximum daily load was 500. The funds in the account are 800. Just got back and the wiki says that temp serve can only load 500 per day and 1000 per month! What happened?

Mamibear May 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by stutz88 (Post 24823007)

So, It's a temp card and I didnt know that the maximum daily load was 500. The funds in the account are 800. Just got back and the wiki says that temp serve can only load 500 per day and 1000 per month! What happened?

this is the first time I've read that a temporary Serve card can be reloaded with GCs. I know the kit can be bought at stores loaded up to $500(?) but one has to register for a permanent card AND only when it arrives can one start loading to it. Whatever initial load was put on it will be transferred to permanent card. Looks like something changed recently :confused: I thought RB was the temporary card that can be reloaded with more, but now it looks like Serve can also be reloaded with more funds while waiting for permanent card.

I learned something new tonight.

stutz88 May 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24823032)
this is the first time I've read that a temporary Serve card can be reloaded with GCs. I know the kit can be bought at stores loaded up to $500(?) but one has to register for a permanent card AND only when it arrives can one start loading to it. Whatever initial load was put on it will be transferred to permanent card. Looks like something changed recently :confused: I thought RB was the temporary card that can be reloaded with more, but now it looks like Serve can also be reloaded with more funds while waiting for permanent card.

I learned something new tonight.

Well, no one knows probable. It worked. I'm going to hit more stores tomorrow and then I will open other two cards. I have 10K VGC to unload. Since the OD promotion I went daily to all 4 OD to buy 3 $200. I saved 20 each purchase and just went daily for the promotion time.

sechs May 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by stutz88 (Post 24823007)

I would suspect that limits on loading temp cards went up along with perm cards, but nobody really bothers loading a temp card, so we didn't find out.

If there are others who have experience, we can update the wiki.

sechs May 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24823032)
this is the first time I've read that a temporary Serve card can be reloaded with GCs.

Didn't read the wiki, eh?

MikailSJ May 15, 2015 11:15 pm

Are the wells fargo propel cards earning points on the online loads?

Ftmember99 May 16, 2015 12:15 pm

FD to serve load failed, help!

Yesterday I loaded $500 using the OVanilla debit to my wife's serve at FD without issues.

I tried to load my Serve a minute later with another and the cashier got an alert indicating declined and suspected fraud? I usually do one a day and I remember this message came up a while back when I tried two and she just voids the second one. Anyways, she voided the first attempt and then we tried it again but we got the same message..so I asked her to cancel and told her I would come back The day after.

I logged in to the OV site and I noticed that the second attempt that was supposedly voided was charged but I didn't see anything loaded on my Serve...so I headed back to FD and asked her what happened and she said that she voided but she also tried later.
Anyways she was able to provide a receipt of the approved and auth transaction which also has the last 4 of both cards. The time between my wife's receipt and mine is about an hour and a half apart, so it might make sense that she tried it when I wasn't there..I wonder why. I called Bancorp who told me to create a dispute, which I'll be filling out if I can't resolve it with serve and FD. I also called Serve and they mentioned that they would take care of it and call FD...hopefully it gets resolved.

Have anybody seen anything like this before? FD uses the vanilla reload cards to load into serve, should I be calling them also?

Thanks for any help.

Juan

kakshi425 May 16, 2015 12:43 pm

this might be a noob question, but can you load VGC into a subaccount serve card?

Situation: the main account holder is my wife, but she's currently out of country. If I create a subaccount as my name, will I be able to reload VGC? I am asking this question is because KATE is never working at our wally and MoneyCenter cashier checks the card and debit card all the time. Thus, I don't think they will let me reload by using my wife's Serve.

sbbi May 16, 2015 1:23 pm

i can not add my Macy's Amex card to my serve. Anyone has the same problem? thanks

GarlicFlyer May 16, 2015 2:23 pm

For me, Serve still has a value related to minimum debit card transactions for reward checking.

LWT3 May 16, 2015 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer (Post 24825887)
For me, Serve still has a value related to minimum debit card transactions for reward checking.

Interesting idea. I've always viewed reward checking as too much of a PITA, but some pay enough that they are attractive.