FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

JeffD Aug 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Stop Payment

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with requesting a stop payment order with Serve. I used the BP feature to pay my accountant in late May. System reflects that a paper check was sent but has not been cashed. Appears to be lost in the mail as subsequent payments were received and cashed without a problem.

I looked at the T&C and it says that when 90 days have passed the SP order is automatic and the funds refunded. I called CS and they were totally lost. After 45 minutes I ended up being transferred to Tech Support where I was told (after another 25 minutes) that the people who were authorized to manually stop the payment were in a meeting, that it would be taken care of in a couple of hours, and I would receive a confirmation email that the funds were back in my account. 36 hours later no email or funds.

It's no big deal since the 90 days runs in about 10 days or so, but I'm going to call them again. Just wondering if anyone has any wisdom to share.

Thanks.

NoonRadar Aug 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by JeffD (Post 25291864)
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with requesting a stop payment order with Serve. I used the BP feature to pay my accountant in late May. System reflects that a paper check was sent but has not been cashed. Appears to be lost in the mail as subsequent payments were received and cashed without a problem.

I looked at the T&C and it says that when 90 days have passed the SP order is automatic and the funds refunded. I called CS and they were totally lost. After 45 minutes I ended up being transferred to Tech Support where I was told (after another 25 minutes) that the people who were authorized to manually stop the payment were in a meeting, that it would be taken care of in a couple of hours, and I would receive a confirmation email that the funds were back in my account. 36 hours later no email or funds.

It's no big deal since the 90 days runs in about 10 days or so, but I'm going to call them again. Just wondering if anyone has any wisdom to share.

Thanks.

I had to do it with Redbird, should be the same with Serve. Check was prob lost due to misplacement of the person receiving it, called cust service, they said they have to inquire internally to make sure it wasn't cashed, if so they would cancel it, did so, no fee, took a few days, maybe a week? This was about 2-3 weeks after I'd sent the check.

Newgene Aug 19, 2015 3:55 am

Originally Posted by canyoncar (Post 25288095)
The limit is $800/week

It finally dawned on me. I checked to see if I even created a pin yet on the teen cards. I would have swore I did during the initial setup. I only setup the pin on the parent. Geesh, sorry for asking the questions I did.

trouble747 Aug 19, 2015 8:30 am

Anyone else not seeing the login fields on the main Serve page anymore? I can find them but it takes an extra click or two. Maybe this is a chrome issue...

HGHUA Aug 19, 2015 4:01 pm

New 1% cashback serve huh? Ugly color...

kgkg Aug 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Can Serve load additional card members' card? I have a SoftServe. I am an additional card member on my wife's card. Can I load that card? Thank you!

canyoncar Aug 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by kgkg (Post 25296215)
Can Serve load additional card members' card? I have a SoftServe. I am an additional card member on my wife's card. Can I load that card? Thank you!

You can only load the main card.

Phantom707 Aug 19, 2015 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by trouble747 (Post 25293701)
Anyone else not seeing the login fields on the main Serve page anymore? I can find them but it takes an extra click or two. Maybe this is a chrome issue...

It's been that way for me as well on Firefox. I guess that they revamped the page.

Originally Posted by kgkg (Post 25296215)

Yes. You can only link one at a time if they have the same card number, though. If they're different numbers, you can use both at the same time.

Originally Posted by canyoncar (Post 25296363)
You can only load the main card.

That's what the terms and conditions say. Do you always follow the rules? Rule-follower. Nerd. /sarcasm

Justinlca Aug 19, 2015 7:18 pm

RE: the changes to make Serve Blue and Green cards

I went to Walmart today and the Serve cards on the shelf have the old terms written on the boxes. Do you think if I bought these I'd be grandfathered in or would I have to change to one of the new ones when I registered it?

Mamibear Aug 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Justinlca (Post 25296854)
RE: the changes to make Serve Blue and Green cards

I went to Walmart today and the Serve cards on the shelf have the old terms written on the boxes. Do you think if I bought these I'd be grandfathered in or would I have to change to one of the new ones when I registered it?

that's a good question but no one can confirm since these changes are very new. I don't think their CS would be of help to resolve the issue. In case you try it and find out you're under the old T&C, please add it to the wiki.

btw, I've made several attempts the past months to buy temp Serve @ WMNM since the fee is only 1.95, they are hard coded for cash only since I tried different CCs to pay and all were NO-GO. Even the WM cc won't go through either via swipe or chip reader. These were done at different branches, all no go :(

canyoncar Aug 19, 2015 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 25296609)
That's what the terms and conditions say. Do you always follow the rules? Rule-follower. Nerd. /sarcasm

I've been known to break the speed limit every now and then :D

tev9999 Aug 22, 2015 11:46 am

RB -> Serve - How Long to Activate?

I searched but could not find the answer to this. I'm going to switch from Redbird to Serve. I am not planning much, if any, MS, but am increasing my portfolio of Amex cards for Amex offers and Small Business Saturday.

I used bill pay to zero out my RB account earlier this week and closed it online today. I tried to sign up for Serve but got an error that I had an active RB account. When I cancelled my Bluebird to move to Redbird the cancellation was instant, so this surprised me a bit.

Any idea how long until the system realizes I do not have an open Amex prepaid account?

I'm also a bit confused about the new three card lineup. I will probably just load from my Fidelity 2% Amex and not worry about gift card loads. Is the basic blue Serve still the best to get?

Thanks.

skyhy Aug 23, 2015 10:44 am

From Redbird to Bluebird

Originally Posted by tev9999 (Post 25311126)

Any idea how long until the system realizes I do not have an open Amex prepaid account?

I also searched diligently but couldn't find any straight answers to this question, however my own very recent experience might help you here - even if my app was for the BB as they're the same family.

Closed RB on 8/7 and received confirmation email. Tried to open a BB a little later with the message "you have an open Redcard account".
Called to RC (Indian call center - notoriously incompetent) and explain the issue. Agent seemed helpful at first and confirmed that the RC account was still open; he then "proceeded" and closed the RC account manually. Told me to wait about 7-10 biz days for the account to be "officially", definitely closed and the email confirmation.
Of course, the email never came - and the BB application showed the same error message.
Forward to 10 days later, when I called again and got lucky - as it turned out - with a competent agent, who notices the RC account still open :mad: ... and proceeds to manually close the account (again).
She then offers me help to apply for the BB online, with her waiting for the process to run and confirm.
She also advised that all personal info should be identical to the (cancelled) RC.
BINGO !

My new BB (my second time around) arrived within 5 biz days and all is well so far.

JeffD Aug 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by JeffD (Post 25291864)

Thanks.

Just a quick data point for anyone interested in the future. It took a follow-up phone call back to Tech Support, but after 4 days from the initial inquiry I received an email that they had issued a stop payment order and credited the money back to my card. I can tell you that without a doubt it was a much more pleasurable experience dealing with Amex then Blackhawk.

BrownHP800 Aug 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Ok, so I bought an "old" serve temp card that starts with 3751 71

If I register this, do I get grandfathered in or would it have had to have been before 8/5?