FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

Fly1Away1 Aug 10, 2015 10:50 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747 (Post 25247218)
No luck at Nation's capital WM this morning. Tried with cashier, and didn't bother to try again at CS desk. Hopefully, it's just nothing more than a temp glitch

I loaded at multiple wm without any problems yesterday.

canyoncar Aug 10, 2015 11:40 am

I was going to go into town for a date with my girlfriend Kate today, but I guess she'll have to wait until tomorrow for me to feed her.

BioRad Aug 10, 2015 8:59 pm

For those who have tried to load a GC onto Serve at Family Dollar and resulted in a failed transaction, you have to swipe your GC again to get the money back on the GC --- but does the cashier need to press any additional button before you reswipe the GC to get the money back? Or immediately after you've learned that the transaction didn't go through, and you just reswipe the card?

Thanks!

Phantom707 Aug 10, 2015 9:14 pm

I had an interesting experience with KATE. I walked up, and it was completely silent, with no headphone plugged in or anything. And the machine seemed to be working completely well in terms of speed, as opposed to the last time that I tried the headphone trick which resulted in making the machine extremely slow. It's possible that the speakers actually died out or something, but it was working just a few days ago.

Regardless, it worked as expected with Serve, and I was able to unload a few Simon gift cards.

SpammersAreScum Aug 10, 2015 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 25100793)
I manage an ISIS Serve and a regular Serve. I've loaded the ISIS account with a non Amex card and then used an authorized user Fidelity Amex on the regular account. In addition, I have another ISIS Serve account that I load with an authorized user card that's tied to the card from the first ISIS account.

Reports are that if you use the same card number in two different accounts, they give you an error.

So, if you use the Fidelity Amex to load the regular Serve online, do you get 2% cash back from Fidelity? I'm guessing so, but the wiki seems a bit noncommittal on that.

washeelers747 Aug 11, 2015 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 25251696)
Regardless, it worked as expected with Serve, and I was able to unload a few Simon gift cards.

Did you try to unload SMGC with cashier or MC afterward? Others, can you share if you were able to unload SMGC last few days. Thanks

ChrisFlyer66 Aug 11, 2015 5:44 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 25251925)
So, if you use the Fidelity Amex to load the regular Serve online, do you get 2% cash back from Fidelity? I'm guessing so, but the wiki seems a bit noncommittal on that.

I think the wiki says quite clearly that you DO earn cash back.

canyoncar Aug 11, 2015 6:52 am

I had an interesting experience with KATE. I walked up, and it was completely silent, with no headphone plugged in or anything. And the machine seemed to be working completely well in terms of speed, as opposed to the last time that I tried the headphone trick which resulted in making the machine extremely slow. It's possible that the speakers actually died out or something, but it was working just a few days ago.

This happened to me once. The next time I went back, Kate was back to being her loud self :D

givingitatry Aug 11, 2015 7:47 am

I have a silent kate also. I am very thankful, as the other two I use are loud and the headphone trick doesn't seem to silence her.

Phantom707 Aug 11, 2015 10:38 am

The Fidelity Amex does earn points with Serve.

I didn't try loading Simon cards at a register or at the money center. The lines were too long for me.

thm1223 Aug 11, 2015 11:03 am

Originally Posted by crimson12 (Post 24334013)
To answer my own question -- yes, the Serve loads definitely counted toward the minimum spend. (The points for spending haven't posted yet so I don't know about that for sure, but I'm assuming she won't earn regular spending points per the wiki.) The total spend on the card is about $5500, and $2000 of that is in Serve loads. The deal was 50k points after $5k spend, and the bonus points have posted; they couldn't have posted if the Serve loads didn't count. I've edited the wiki accordingly.

Thanks for the confirm. I just applied and was approved for the AMEX SPG personal card, since there is currently a 30k bonus points promo (instead of the regular 25k). I intend to use Serve to help satisfy the required $3k minimum spend in 3 months, and possibly use it to satisfy the $5k minimum spend on the SPG business card as well (if I apply for it).

To be safe, can anyone else corroborate crimson12's above-referenced data point? I just want to be absolutely sure that Serve loads will help satisfy the minimum spend requirement so that I don't blow the bonus points offer.

Thanks, again!

kenme1 Aug 11, 2015 11:22 am

Originally Posted by canyoncar (Post 25253331)
This happened to me once. The next time I went back, Kate was back to being her loud self :D

Scream as loud as you can "$500":D

knowledgeispower Aug 11, 2015 11:54 am

Originally Posted by thm1223 (Post 25254711)
Thanks for the confirm. I just applied and was approved for the AMEX SPG personal card, since there is currently a 30k bonus points promo (instead of the regular 25k). I intend to use Serve to help satisfy the required $3k minimum spend in 3 months, and possibly use it to satisfy the $5k minimum spend on the SPG business card as well (if I apply for it).

To be safe, can anyone else corroborate crimson12's above-referenced data point? I just want to be absolutely sure that Serve loads will help satisfy the minimum spend requirement so that I don't blow the bonus points offer.

Thanks, again!

My Amex Hilton Surpass was only used with Serve to meet minimum spend and I can confirm my sign up bonus posted just last week.

canyoncar Aug 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by kenme1 (Post 25254834)
Scream as loud as you can "$500":D

It took me a while, but in the past couple of months I finally ran across a Kate that yells louder when you plug headphones in :D I thought it was a myth!

Newgene Aug 11, 2015 7:52 pm

Nevermind...tks