FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

dingo Aug 4, 2015 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by ual902 (Post 25222113)
No isis softcard account

Read wiki

frudd38 Aug 5, 2015 3:55 pm

If we've switched from soft serve to redbird, are we able to switch back or reactivate it somehow? Or only option is to open regular serve? TIA

Mamibear Aug 5, 2015 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 25226846)
If we've switched from soft serve to redbird, are we able to switch back or reactivate it somehow? Or only option is to open regular serve? TIA

sad to say, there's no more Softcard as of March 31 2015 but you can switch back to Serve if you want to; just don't expect your regular Serve to have the same benefits as the SoftServe account.

frudd38 Aug 5, 2015 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25226866)
sad to say, there's no more Softcard as of March 31 2015 but you can switch back to Serve if you want to; just don't expect your regular Serve to have the same benefits as the SoftServe account.

ok thanks, just curious if I was able to re-activate and be grandfathered in the soft serve I had before somehow, but that's wishful thinking

solewalker Aug 6, 2015 3:04 am

Minimum spend met for Amex PRG with serve online load

Originally Posted by cbe20e (Post 25200954)
I can confirm this as well for the WF Propel, however they are slow to provide the bonus points.

Just another datapoint. I spent ~100 (not a typo), and loaded serve with 1000. MR points pending after I hit 1000.

touristtrap Aug 6, 2015 9:13 pm

Has that green Serve card been discussed anywhere?

$4.95 monthly fee and free cash reloads at FD, CVS, WM, 7-11.

Aytch Aug 6, 2015 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap (Post 25233728)

http://outandout.boardingarea.com/th...id-debit-card/

Don't think anyone knows much about it yet.

Would be cool if you could load it with a CC at drugstores.

No fee if you're in TX, NY, or VT.

BarronConrad Aug 7, 2015 5:44 am

Originally Posted by mikejj78 (Post 25206736)
I've used softcard to load 3x500 on the US Bank CC card for July without any CA. FYI as a datapoint.

Great news if I need to build up my Carlson balance down the road.

RickyBobby Aug 7, 2015 7:59 am

Originally Posted by touristtrap (Post 25233728)

So, after reading the legal portion of the serve cards, it seems "For Users who registered online before 8/5/15 with Cards starting with # 3751 71" have been grandfathered into the old terms of serve, where "cash" reloads are still free and the monthly fee is waived if you add $500 or more to the card that month.

It seems the new blue serve card MAY impose a load fee (varies by merchant) and the new green serve will be identical to the old blue serve (except for the nice $4.95 monthly fee) and will allow free "cash" reloads (just as it has been with Serve since it came out).

I fail to see why anyone would be led to believe that CVS would again allow CC loads, as they did back in the VR days. It appears to me that if you have serve now, the new green card is the exact same thing with a higher monthly fee.

Mamibear Aug 7, 2015 8:34 am

with the GreenBird, I'm excited to see if the zero reloads at CVS, FD, WM and -4 will mean not just cash (although it says Cash Reloads) but will also allow DC as it is now at FD and WM with no charge. I'm not too happy with the 4.95 maintenance fees though.

I think it will remain one amex prepaid product per SSN, so we cannot get this with same SSN if we already have one. From what I can see, SoftServe remains to have the most benefits in terms of MS.

RickyBobby Aug 7, 2015 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25235591)
with the GreenBird, I'm excited to see if the zero reloads at CVS, FD, WM and -4 will mean not just cash (although it says Cash Reloads) but will also allow DC as it is now at FD and WM with no charge. I'm not too happy with the 4.95 maintenance fees though.

I think it will remain one amex prepaid product per SSN, so we cannot get this with same SSN if we already have one. From what I can see, SoftServe remains to have the most benefits in terms of MS.

Its my understanding that CVS and 7-11 stores currently DO NOT accept anything but cash for reloads. I would imagine this would stay the same as they have always offered "free cash reloads" for serve. This seems to be just a card re-branding on AMEX's side and they aren't really changing anything with reload partners. I could, however, be wrong...as my wife reminds me of this everyday :)

o815 Aug 7, 2015 8:00 pm

I switched from Redbirds and registered my temporary Serve card on the 5th and they said it was in the mail today. I'm guessing/hoping that means I'm grandfathered into OBS. Talk about cutting it close!

Carl Aug 7, 2015 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by RickyBobby (Post 25235629)
Its my understanding that CVS and 7-11 stores currently DO NOT accept anything but cash for reloads. I would imagine this would stay the same as they have always offered "free cash reloads" for serve. This seems to be just a card re-branding on AMEX's side and they aren't really changing anything with reload partners. I could, however, be wrong...as my wife reminds me of this everyday :)

I concur. I don't understand the excitement. Folks can already add cash at all of those locations. There's nothing new except a different fee structure and color.

Mamibear Aug 8, 2015 7:42 am

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 25226939)
ok thanks, just curious if I was able to re-activate and be grandfathered in the soft serve I had before somehow, but that's wishful thinking

I read from other boards that some said they were able to re-open their accounts within 30 days after closure. HOWEVER, they were able to, because they did NOT register for another amex prepaid card like RB/BB. Those who closed their SoftServe in the past and immediately switched to RBs were told that since they registered for another amex prepaid, their previous SoftServe was deemed permanently closed.

HouFly Aug 8, 2015 8:04 am

FD still has the oldServe temp cards that can presumably be registered for oldServe. can we purchase temp serve cards @ FD with CC aka load up the first $500 on it with CC?