FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

opmal7 Jul 23, 2015 8:02 am

I loaded my first $500 VGC on my Serve card via Walmart cashier. It went pretty smoothly. Now I'm wondering about ramping up.

What's the best way to load multiple VGC's via the register? Do you tell the cashier you're loading $2500 and pay with 5 different cards, or just ask to do 5 different transactions? Or should I just go through the line 5 times?

DVDBob Jul 23, 2015 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Vacationmile (Post 25158471)
Yes, it worked for me last month to meet min spending on SPG.

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 25158680)
Perfect, thanks. That's exactly the card I'm interested in.

Thanks. Me too. I got a little worried though since the TOS says:
"Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents."

DVDBob Jul 23, 2015 8:22 am

Originally Posted by opmal7 (Post 25160472)
I loaded my first $500 VGC on my Serve card via Walmart cashier. It went pretty smoothly. Now I'm wondering about ramping up.

What's the best way to load multiple VGC's via the register? Do you tell the cashier you're loading $2500 and pay with 5 different cards, or just ask to do 5 different transactions? Or should I just go through the line 5 times?

The past few times I've tried, the register won't allow more than $1K. So if no one is behind me in line, I'll let them know I want to do 2 $1K transactions. If someone's in line, I do 1 and then go get in another line.

dgilligan02 Jul 23, 2015 9:25 am

RedBird back to Serve

So after having jumped from Serve to Redbird, I'm bringing one account back to Serve. Main reason is that the WM closest to me put in a Kate. And while it's not as close as Target, I do like the diversification of having Redbird and Serve as liquidation options.

Yesterday 7/22 I closed the Redbird account online, and received email confirming account closure. Last transaction was a transfer to another account for account balance, initiated/accepted on 7/17.

Today when I tried to sign up for new Serve account, the system denied saying I had a Redbird account. Anybody else coming back from Redbird run into this? I read some had problems if there were unsettled transactions (bill pays, etc) the caused their account not to close out, but that does not seem to be my case.

jlt19 Jul 23, 2015 9:57 am

Originally Posted by dgilligan02 (Post 25160929)
So after having jumped from Serve to Redbird, I'm bringing one account back to Serve. Main reason is that the WM closest to me put in a Kate. And while it's not as close as Target, I do like the diversification of having Redbird and Serve as liquidation options.

Yesterday 7/22 I closed the Redbird account online, and received email confirming account closure. Last transaction was a transfer to another account for account balance, initiated/accepted on 7/17.

Today when I tried to sign up for new Serve account, the system denied saying I had a Redbird account. Anybody else coming back from Redbird run into this? I read some had problems if there were unsettled transactions (bill pays, etc) the caused their account not to close out, but that does not seem to be my case.

I'd maybe wait another day and try again.

I closed my last RB on 7/21 by mailing myself a check. I have yet to receive the check (so obviously it's not cashed), but I was able to open a Serve just minutes ago w/o issue. Same SS#, same email, etc.

jlt19 Jul 23, 2015 9:59 am

Originally Posted by DVDBob (Post 25160551)
Thanks. Me too. I got a little worried though since the TOS says:
"Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents."

I wonder if that's new language? Maybe if someone has used gotten the bonus from SPG and still has their t&c's can verify? I've got an SPG in the mail as well!

DVDBob Jul 23, 2015 11:36 am

Originally Posted by jlt19 (Post 25161107)
I wonder if that's new language? Maybe if someone has used gotten the bonus from SPG and still has their t&c's can verify? I've got an SPG in the mail as well!

Unfortunately I need the miles to hit my account ASAP so I can't chance them not counting. I'll be buying SMGCs to meet min. spend just in case.

lkh5650 Jul 23, 2015 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by dgilligan02 (Post 25160929)

i closed my redbird yesterday, tried signing up yesterday and today, got the same message as yours.

I am going to try to buy the temp card later today with two $200 vgcs, (split payments) at walmart and register it tomorrow.
will update u

sean79 Jul 24, 2015 1:07 pm

I saw at WALMART VGC 20-500 with $4.95 fee. Can I use them to load serve or redbird?

Mamibear Jul 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by sean79 (Post 25167595)
I saw at WALMART VGC 20-500 with $4.95 fee. Can I use them to load serve or redbird?

if it's the one issued by Sunrise bank, yes, you can load them to Serve; I have not tried loading them to RB, though but since they're Visa debit, they should load w/o issues.

sowhatwegetdrunk Jul 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Did something change at FD with regards to $500 per day load limit for the store? I just noticed that my SO has made 3 x $200 loads at the same FD on the same day couple of weeks ago.. PM if needed.. Thanks..

Lesfilles Jul 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Authorised user to help meet Min Spend

Hello - got a ?

Right now, I am doing the following for the Amex Biz

Amex Biz My card --> My Serve

To help expedite the min spend @ no cost, can I do the following

Amex Biz Authorized user --> His serve

Thanks

Mamibear Jul 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Lesfilles (Post 25176489)
Hello - got a ?

Right now, I am doing the following for the Amex Biz

Amex Biz My card --> My Serve

To help expedite the min spend @ no cost, can I do the following

Amex Biz Authorized user --> His serve

afaik, Amex primary and AU cards have different numbers and therefore, you can use them to load your 2 accounts to reach min spend quickly. Just know that you won't earn add'l rewards aside from meeting the min spend.

diseased Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am

Is there a $1000 limit per store rule now? Yesterday, I loaded 500 + 480 at one register and then tried to load another $500 at another register but it was declined. Today I went to a different WM, loaded the $500 + $495 at one register and tried to load $500 at another, declined. I've been declined in the past and had assumed it was because I was loading the same amount back-to-back, so I switched it up. Guess that doesn't work anymore.

airstairfear Jul 27, 2015 1:20 am

diseased- I've been "wrongly" declined in the past with the debit not approved message (or whatever the over-limit message is) when I did loads the previous day. Almost as if yesterdays's transactions counted against today's limit. Never did figure it out, but it's happened twice. MC CSRs couldn't even query my balance for me and they were quite confused.