FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

Mamibear Aug 8, 2015 8:22 am

Originally Posted by HouFly (Post 25239674)
FD still has the oldServe temp cards that can presumably be registered for oldServe. can we purchase temp serve cards @ FD with CC aka load up the first $500 on it with CC?

if you buy the temp card at FD, they will NOT take CC as payment although they accept DCs. you can try PPBDC but if your funding source is PPMCs, watch out for a warning email since this will appear suspicious if processed as debit transaction for a huge amount.

HouFly Aug 8, 2015 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25239720)
if you buy the temp card at FD, they will NOT take CC as payment although they accept DCs. you can try PPBDC but if your funding source is PPMCs, watch out for a warning email since this will appear suspicious if processed as debit transaction for a huge amount.

thanks for the heads up MB. I think CVS is now cash only (maybe DC too) for Serve. do you know if WM allows these to be bought and loaded with CC (temp card)?

I think if I load $500 via initial purchase, my monthly load limit still remains $5k - which is why I wanna get this from a retail store. perhaps I can load even more to the temp card without it counting towards my limit before the perma card comes in.

I know FD is waiving the purchase fee. if WM does that too AND accepts CC - that'd be a winner!

Mamibear Aug 8, 2015 8:49 am

Originally Posted by HouFly (Post 25239739)
thanks for the heads up MB. I think CVS is now cash only (maybe DC too) for Serve. do you know if WM allows these to be bought and loaded with CC (temp card)?

I think if I load $500 via initial purchase, my monthly load limit still remains $5k - which is why I wanna get this from a retail store. perhaps I can load even more to the temp card without it counting towards my limit before the perma card comes in.

I know FD is waiving the purchase fee. if WM does that too AND accepts CC - that'd be a winner!

yes, I tried using my WM synchrony CC to buy them since fee is only 2.95 and I get $5 back reward from CC. NO GO at 3 different branches either swiped or using the chip reader. I tried other CCs and still NO GO so I think they are hardcoded for cash only for those temp cards. I suggest you still try because you never know if it's regional and you may have better luck.

at FD, even for grocery items, they will not take CC, the manager told me none of their stores take CC, only cash and DC.

HouFly Aug 8, 2015 8:54 am

I'll try at WM today.

about the limits though, do you know how temp card loads affect the $5k monthly limits?

Mamibear Aug 8, 2015 8:59 am

Originally Posted by HouFly (Post 25239810)
I'll try at WM today.

about the limits though, do you know how temp card loads affect the $5k monthly limits?

afaik, max load when you buy it is $500 and then you can reload that with another $500 (I'm not sure if you can use VGC) since max load to temp card is $1K. I'm not sure if that affects the $5K limit on permanent card.

Good luck!

compddd Aug 8, 2015 7:15 pm

Got a bunch of debit not approved at the money center just now. Is loading down at the moment?

sechs Aug 9, 2015 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by HouFly (Post 25239810)

Read the wiki before posting a question.

craz Aug 9, 2015 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25239791)
yes, I tried using my WM synchrony CC to buy them since fee is only 2.95 and I get $5 back reward from CC. NO GO at 3 different branches either swiped or using the chip reader. I tried other CCs and still NO GO so I think they are hardcoded for cash only for those temp cards. I suggest you still try because you never know if it's regional and you may have better luck.

at FD, even for grocery items, they will not take CC, the manager told me none of their stores take CC, only cash and DC.

No prob a few weeks ago getting a Serve at a CV, $0 fee and they took my CC for the $500 load

o815 Aug 9, 2015 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25239822)
afaik, max load when you buy it is $500 and then you can reload that with another $500 (I'm not sure if you can use VGC) since max load to temp card is $1K. I'm not sure if that affects the $5K limit on permanent card.

Good luck!

I thought someone posted recently that temporary Serve has higher limits now.

Edit: It looks like those actually are the "new" limits. Nothing to see here...

RyanNYNJ Aug 9, 2015 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 25241785)
Got a bunch of debit not approved at the money center just now. Is loading down at the moment?

Same thing happened to me at kate. Went to FD and loaded just fine. Must be a WMT issue.

compddd Aug 9, 2015 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by RyanNYNJ (Post 25246043)
Same thing happened to me at kate. Went to FD and loaded just fine. Must be a WMT issue.

Went to WMT tonight and it went fine. That error is so annoying and seems to be completely random.

washeelers747 Aug 10, 2015 5:17 am

No luck at Nation's capital WM this morning. Tried with cashier, and didn't bother to try again at CS desk. Hopefully, it's just nothing more than a temp glitch

compddd Aug 10, 2015 9:11 am

What error were you getting?

kenme1 Aug 10, 2015 9:51 am

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 25241785)

Unloaded $9.5K on 8/8 & 8/9 without any issue.

washeelers747 Aug 10, 2015 10:48 am

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 25248103)
What error were you getting?

IIRC - debit not authorized. Tried twice with two different VGC but no luck.