FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

ICEE45 Feb 10, 2015 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Linda368 (Post 24318494)
You cannot use GC debit cards on Serve.

Online, no. In person, yes. It will work at WM.

http://i.imgur.com/MShcG44.jpg

nicklesprout Feb 10, 2015 8:23 am

Originally Posted by ZzzzX (Post 24321915)
Go look.

I have looked, that is why i was asking in case someone knew of something else...

nicklesprout Feb 10, 2015 8:27 am

Originally Posted by lnkinpark16 (Post 24320170)
You may have done what I did when I first got into this. First off, the Vanilla's 4 digit code is the last 4 digits on the back of the card. For the one's that I have purchased at Kroger (can't remember what bank issues them but they are the Visa's 0-500) and the 4 digit code on those is actually in the gift card packaging. I tried to use the last 4 digits and ended up having to call the issuer in order to get the card to work again.

the Vanilla's work for me at Family Dollar, i put in any 4 digit number and it takes it. the non-vanilla's (at least the ones issued by US Bank) didn't work for me at Family Dollar to load to Serve. I got it at Fry's (Kroger's), and the packaging says to use the last 4 digits of the card as the pin, which i then updated to my own number on the giftcard website. i still couldn't load it to Serve. are you saying that non-Pin enabled gift cards from Kroger's are working correctly to load at Family Dollar?

touristtrap Feb 10, 2015 9:31 am

Originally Posted by nicklesprout (Post 24323982)
the Vanilla's work for me at Family Dollar, i put in any 4 digit number and it takes it. the non-vanilla's (at least the ones issued by US Bank) didn't work for me at Family Dollar to load to Serve. I got it at Fry's (Kroger's), and the packaging says to use the last 4 digits of the card as the pin, which i then updated to my own number on the giftcard website. i still couldn't load it to Serve. are you saying that non-Pin enabled gift cards from Kroger's are working correctly to load at Family Dollar?

Kroger"s VGCs have a PIN in a packaging or u can call 800# and change it to your liking. Use them ASAP b/o potential fraud.
I did use them successfully @ FD

DaveInLA Feb 10, 2015 10:47 am

I loaded my Serve with a $500 VGC from Ralphs this past weekend. My sister's experience in SD is different than mine in the LA area. The cashiers in her local WM are trained to look at the debit card to make sure it's not a GC. Mine didn't bother looking.

johnnie198x Feb 10, 2015 12:39 pm

I tried to search for this but didn't get anything.
I am trying to add a Chase mastercard to serve, but was declined due to "CARD ISSUER DECLINE TRANSACTION CODE." Is this something new or just a normal fraud alert from Chase? Thanks.

porphyra Feb 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Quick question -> is the $200 load limit/day for online CC load restricted by day or 24-hour period.

I loaded $200 yesterday evening and it loaded fine, and then I set the autoload feature for $200 starting today and ending when I hit $1000. However, today's load failed, and of course the load went through this morning, less than 24 hours from my last load!

Or is it another issue that caused this? I already pre-emptively uploaded my CC image to the site as noted in the Wiki.

Thanks.

Ritley572 Feb 10, 2015 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra (Post 24327009)
Quick question -> is the $200 load limit/day for online CC load restricted by day or 24-hour period.

I loaded $200 yesterday evening and it loaded fine, and then I set the autoload feature for $200 starting today and ending when I hit $1000. However, today's load failed, and of course the load went through this morning, less than 24 hours from my last load!

Or is it another issue that caused this? I already pre-emptively uploaded my CC image to the site as noted in the Wiki.

Thanks.

Check to see if you got any fraud alerts on the card.

Also, make sure the card you are using doesn't pend as a CA (even if it doesn't post, the CA balance is what is affected for certain cards during processing until the charge clears) and if it does ensure your CA limits are high enough.

ericdabbs Feb 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra (Post 24327009)

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ritley572 (Post 24327049)
Check to see if you got any fraud alerts on the card.

Also, make sure the card you are using doesn't pend as a CA (even if it doesn't post, the CA balance is what is affected for certain cards during processing until the charge clears) and if it does ensure your CA limits are high enough.

It is not necessarily restricted to a 24 hour load. The limits reset every day at 9 PM PST/12 AM EST. So if you loaded at say 8:30 PM PST, you can reload at 9:01 PST if you really wanted to. That is why in your situation you were able to load twice within a 24 hour period. I updated the wiki because this question gets asked WAYYYY TOO MANY TIMES.

averind Feb 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Had an interesting experience late night at Walmart. I had 3 $500 gift cards to unload on Kate. Kate had no line or anything as I specifically came late to avoid any crow, but unfortunately the Kate in my Walmart is right in front of the customer service. I moved all the carts full of returned items to get access to it.

Unloaded the first card fine even though Kate was pretty slow. I started to process for the 2nd card. An employee that looked like a manager who was pushing around carts and telling others to fill the carts asked me if I needed help. I said no thanks and unloaded the 2nd card fine. Surely he can here what Kate is saying and that transaction was successful.

Now things got weird when I went on with the 3rd reload:

Him - Are you trying to load/withdraw using Bluebird? (he asked this without even looking at me someone in the customer line actually asked "are you asking me"...).
Me - I am actually loading Serve.
Him - Hmmm, how much?
Me - $500 (no reason to lie as Kate has already said $500 3 times loud enough)
Him - It won't let you, get in line of customer service and stop using the machine.
Me - But this used to work (why did I even bother...)
Him - Sir, get in the customer service line and stop what you are doing (he was getting very upset)

I flashed my regular debit card so that he can see it just in case and got in the line. Things got worse as he got behind the customer service desk to help some other customer. I just left the line and next 20 minutes played hide and seek until he got called away by a cashier far away for help. Unloaded the third card with this opportunity.

I have no idea if he was just being an A as it was late night. If he had any problem with what I am doing I am thinking he would have asked my previous reloads and show him the cards.

Regardless this was a bit of a hassle. I guess I just won't reload at a Kate many cards at once especially when employees have nothing else to do but bother me...

jasonvr Feb 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by averind (Post 24328408)
Had an interesting experience late night at Walmart. I had 3 $500 gift cards to unload on Kate. Kate had no line or anything as I specifically came late to avoid any crow, but unfortunately the Kate in my Walmart is right in front of the customer service. I moved all the carts full of returned items to get access to it.

Unloaded the first card fine even though Kate was pretty slow. I started to process for the 2nd card. An employee that looked like a manager who was pushing around carts and telling others to fill the carts asked me if I needed help. I said no thanks and unloaded the 2nd card fine. Surely he can here what Kate is saying and that transaction was successful.

Him - Are you trying to load/withdraw using Bluebird? (he asked this without even looking at me someone in the customer line actually asked "are you asking me"...).
Him - Hmmm, how much?
Him - It won't let you, get in line of customer service and stop using the machine.
Him - Sir, get in the customer service line and stop what you are doing (he was getting very upset)

I flashed my regular debit card so that he can see it just in case and got in the line. Things got worse as he got behind the customer service desk to help some other customer. I just left the line and next 20 minutes played hide and seek until he got called away by a cashier far away for help. Unloaded the third card with this opportunity.

I have no idea if he was just being an A as it was late night. If he had any problem with what I am doing I am thinking he would have asked my previous reloads and show him the cards.

Regardless this was a bit of a hassle. I guess I just won't reload at a Kate many cards at once especially when employees have nothing else to do but bother me...

Was this today (Tuesday)? If so, I'm wondering if it is related to what I posted in the BB thread:

Originally Posted by jasonvr (Post 24327806)
Well, apparently new procedures are in place at my local WM as of today (according to CSR). Walked in and my very reliable Kate had the Lane Closed message. Asked if they could turn the ATM back on and was rebuffed telling me it was closed.

So I started lane hopping to load. Got about 4 loads in (with no issues) and was told I needed to do loads at CS. So I went over there (most of the staff knows me) and was told about all these new procedures. Needed my DL and copied down info (address, DL #, name). They said they didn't even have the right forms yet even though new procedures were rolled out for all loads (not just BB) as well as MOs and returns. They didn't even have an English form, so they used the Spanish form (which I was able to read a good chunk of, but not all of it). Since they didn't have the new form they used the 2k+ form... :rolleyes:

CSR seemed annoyed at the new procedures, especially since they didn't even have the right stuff to implement it. Also got the sad news that they are getting rid of Kate because they need to have a record of all loads (which doesn't make sense since there is an electronic record of all loads....) She didn't give me any issues loading my wife's card (was expecting that to be a problem). However, she did enforce an overall limit of 1k across cards (or at least attempted to, but math wasn't her strong suit...). I didn't give her flak about that, but did let them know that the daily load limit for BB is 2500, so the 1k restriction is a little odd.

They claimed the form would be kept in the security office. I reminded them that they are opening themselves up to playing a role in identity theft and keeping in that office doesn't really mean anything since most thefts would be inside jobs anyways....

Edit:
Can't wait until I can get my hands on a RedBird and be done with this...

averind Feb 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr (Post 24328430)
Was this today (Tuesday)? If so, I'm wondering if it is related to what I posted in the BB thread:

It felt more like a power play/ end of day bashing from a Walmart employee for me. Kate was online and for 5 minutes while I was doing the first 2 reload he had no intention of stopping me. Perhaps he got pissed because I moved around his carts to get to Kate? :rolleyes:

ICEE45 Feb 10, 2015 11:45 pm

Him - Hmmm, how much?

I guess I've been lucky. I go Saturday mornings at around 9am. Customer service desk at my location doesn't open until 10am. It helps that the lights are off as well.

JATR4 Feb 11, 2015 12:01 am

Just a friendly reminder to those using SERVE for lots of spending, there is a limit. In my case it was $5K per card but I forgot. Makes you think weird things. Couldn't load my last Reloadits so opened a SAFE. Will have to wait until next month.

Live and learn--or is that REMEMBER?

ElPresidente Feb 11, 2015 12:51 am

This is where you SHOULD have ACTED BLONDE!
(I am a blonde, I can say this)

"Bluebird yeah, but I can't figure out how to work this cash machine. Well gotta go, thanks!"

And walked out without looking over your shoulder.

There's no way answering a nosy manager's questions, is going to improve things for you. Act dumb, say as little as needed to exit the situation. These types actually want you to go away, so oblige them. The longer you are in their faces, the more worked up they will get about their self-appointed mission about correcting YOU. Live to fight another day.

I keep a little notebook and note time, description, and Nosy's name if I happened to see their tag. This data lets me avoid them in future. Same pocket notebook I list my favorite cashiers. So I target the friendlies who easily and quickly handle multiple loads at the register as opposed to the bumbling n00bs who want to call for help.