FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

weezl Feb 5, 2015 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 24296938)
No reason to do faxes. Just use your cell phone to take pictures of the cards and upload. Quick and simple. However your advice is still good.

I link my card to Serve then upload the images from my phone to the Serve link I was first asked to use with my 1st inquiry, then wait a few days for an email saying I'm good to go. Did this twice so far with no issues and no more calls to Serve.

Ttitle Feb 5, 2015 5:46 pm

Once I link a bank account for a transfer, and then delete it ( to add a different bank account), can I re-link the bank account later (does Serve remember the linked account or do I have to go through the verification process again)?

aceofcards Feb 5, 2015 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ttitle (Post 24299449)
Once I link a bank account for a transfer, and then delete it ( to add a different bank account), can I re-link the bank account later (does Serve remember the linked account or do I have to go through the verification process again)?

You can re-link it later but you'll have to verify it again either by entering your login information or initiating trial deposits.

dannytatas Feb 5, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi, everyone. I am fortunate enough to be an area where there are quite a few functioning KATEs. In the past, I was able to load three of my $500 VGC at the Kiosk before the manager approval came on, but now all of them only let me do two loads before they lock me out. Anyone have similar issues with this?

*Side note: Even though I'm lucky to have all these KATEs I have to deal with these really judgy managers that like to comment on what I'm doing. About a week ago, I had a person from the Money Center come up to me and cancel my load and contacted a manager. I had a fit with the manager because their employee had the audacity to approach me the way they did. The manager apologized but said that higher ups have warned them to be on the lookout for people like us and not allow us to do what we're doing. She said what I was doing was called structuring, and it was illegal. I told her I don't think loading my Serve card with my own money was illegal, but I agreed to disagree and left. Anyone care to comment on this?

TWG2012 Feb 5, 2015 11:19 pm

So..I got a new Citi card in the mail since my old one expired, activated it and loaded $500 to serve and it posted as a cash advance...Am I the only one experiencing this or am I crazy?

dannytatas Feb 5, 2015 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by TWG2012 (Post 24300602)
So..I got a new Citi card in the mail since my old one expired, activated it and loaded $500 to serve and it posted as a cash advance...Am I the only one experiencing this or am I crazy?

Post #324 as stated on the previous page.

stupidzbu Feb 5, 2015 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24293290)
Wait you must mean 21:30 PST (9:30 PST). 20:30 PST is 8:30 PM.

nope.. that's what I meant. I looked at the emails. I loaded it at 8:30 pm

I loaded them again today, 24+ hours later and it worked just fine.

PlyrStar93 Feb 6, 2015 12:27 am

Originally Posted by TWG2012 (Post 24300602)

Do not use Visa cards from Citi.

NathanL104 Feb 6, 2015 7:22 am

I tried to load my card today at FD, and got to the 'approved screen' after swiping my VGC. After that the system never got past that point; no recepit, and then eventually a 'declined' screen comes up. However, there is $500 in serve account. I see several debits and credits on the VGC page, but my available balane on the VGC is $500.

I assume serve will correct itself and debit out the $500 tomorrow. Is something going on with serve loads today? is this a one-off?

Preacher7 Feb 6, 2015 7:58 am

I tried linking my Chase IHG card to make online loads, but it said Card Issuer declined this action. Has anyone else received that with the IHG card?

heyeaglefn Feb 6, 2015 8:06 am

Yes, IHG card does that for everyone and usually doesn't work.

mandj Feb 6, 2015 8:40 am

Anyone else having an issue using ReloadIts this morning?

Happy Feb 6, 2015 8:55 am

Originally Posted by JATR4 (Post 24287829)
Worked today with SERVE. Reloadits are my primary focus for loading SERVE.

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24288608)
Yes they work just like VR in the old days.

Originally Posted by byu26 (Post 24290222)
I have loaded $2000 reloadit to serve. I called serve CS. Rep told me reloadit still works with serve for 2015.

Thank you guys for the info.

Correct me if I am wrong in my understanding as I have never used it before, the pack I saw has only Netspend printed on the top left hand corner of the front, nothing else indicates it can be used to load other prepaid cards. It does not matter as there is only one type of ReloadIt, right?
To load, use the ReloadIt site and the Quick Load on the front page is the function used to load Serve.

Did you open a Safe?

Again, thank you for your kind replies.

hamokmonky Feb 6, 2015 9:27 am

Originally Posted by dannytatas (Post 24300583)
Hi, everyone. I am fortunate enough to be an area where there are quite a few functioning KATEs. In the past, I was able to load three of my $500 VGC at the Kiosk before the manager approval came on, but now all of them only let me do two loads before they lock me out. Anyone have similar issues with this? No, no issues, someone probably is loading at your stores and were doing transactions before you

*Side note: Even though I'm lucky to have all these KATEs I have to deal with these really judgy managers that like to comment on what I'm doing. Welcome to the club that the majority of MSers belong to... About a week ago, I had a person from the Money Center come up to me and cancel my load and contacted a manager. I had a fit with the manager because their employee had the audacity to approach me the way they did. Seriously? Please learn how to handle MS situations. The manager apologized but said that higher ups have warned them to be on the lookout for people like us and not allow us to do what we're doing. She said what I was doing was called structuring, and it was illegal. I told her I don't think loading my Serve card with my own money was illegal, but I agreed to disagree and left. While she clearly doesnt know what she is talking about, you also clearly dont know how to smooth things over in situations like this. Best to try to avoid getting into situations like this to begin with. Anyone care to comment on this?

Mamibear Feb 6, 2015 9:35 am

Originally Posted by mandj (Post 24302455)
Anyone else having an issue using ReloadIts this morning?

I started having issues on Feb 1 when the store I buy them regularly with CCs failed to activate after payment went through. No problem dealing with them since they made it right for me when RL said it was a store issue of failed activation. I went back to a different branch yesterday, the manager tried the new white RL packs and none of them would scan :confused: None of the regular PayPower nor PP travel cards also scanned :( Something is definitely going on behind the scenes, I'm sad that there's a lot of these cards but none of them would scan and RL customer service don't have answers. Definitely a game changer for me.