FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

Iheartshopping Jan 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by daprophecy (Post 24235840)
Has anyone had trouble registering for mobile wallet using the cashwrap (for the iPhone) lately? I tried recently and was not able to register. Spent over 5 hrs total trouble shooting the issue and nothing was resolved. Every time I would try to register it would say it can not connect to the ATT server and give me Error 7007. I tried registering on the network (not wifi) and still same error. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Softcard discountinued support for the iPhone since Apple Pay came ah about. Now Softcard identifies itself as an Android App only. If you already have the app on your cashwrapped iPhone they are still allowing one to use it (not that there is much use to it since all the good promos ended on 12/31/2014) but you cannot sign up for a new softcard app with an iPhone.

holidaze Jan 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Getting the following error with CSP:

We're sorry, your card issuer declined this transaction. Please call the number on the back of your Visa card for additional information.
I have a CA of $1200. Any advice?

woow14610 Jan 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Folks I have been using PPBDMC to load serve as PP cash is $1 less than getting one vanilla and also 1 vanilla can load only via FD. Any other cards I could use to load in WM? other than Master cards? (high fee cost). Appreciate the help.

Mamibear Jan 28, 2015 2:45 pm

delete

Ritley572 Jan 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by woow14610 (Post 24252034)
Folks I have been using PPBDMC to load serve as PP cash is $1 less than getting one vanilla and also 1 vanilla can load only via FD. Any other cards I could use to load in WM? other than Master cards? (high fee cost). Appreciate the help.

Simon Mall GCs if you have one close by. RL packs are also only $3.95 if you can find them for sale with CC. Added benefit of RL packs is they don't require a trip to WM, you can load them via website.

ual902 Jan 29, 2015 12:24 am

Just confirming, I can load my Serve account using my Barclays arrivals card and treated as a purchase with Barclays?.

Thanks-

healthnut Jan 29, 2015 6:07 am

Originally Posted by ual902 (Post 24254610)
Just confirming, I can load my Serve account using my Barclays arrivals card and treated as a purchase with Barclays?.

Thanks-

Yes.

ZzzzX Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am

Originally Posted by ual902 (Post 24254610)

Thanks-

Yep.

worksmart Jan 30, 2015 12:12 am

what about Amex Bus and SW Bus? ( use Amex to meet min spending purpose here)

hamokmonky Jan 30, 2015 6:40 am

Originally Posted by worksmart (Post 24260663)
what about Amex Bus and SW Bus? ( use Amex to meet min spending purpose here)

From the wiki:
Treated as purchase, earns cashback/points/miles:
•Bank of America (FIA) (MasterCard, American Express)
•Barclaycard (Mastercard, Visa)
•Capital One (Mastercard, Visa)
•Chase (MasterCard, Visa)
•Citi (MasterCard, American Express)
•Discover

Treated as purchase, but doesn't earn points/miles:
•American Express (May count toward minimum spend)

Posts as a cash advance:
•Bank of America (FIA) Visa (Source)
•Citi Visa (Source)
•PNC Visa (Source)
•US Bank Visa (Source)

Just because its a business card makes no difference, unless its an ink charge card which has no cash advance ability, in which case it will not go through initially.

tatys00 Jan 30, 2015 2:25 pm

I understand the WIKI says US Bank Visa is treated as cash advance but someone on the previous thread posted that their Club Carlson Visa wasn't charging cash advance fees. (at the end of October) Can someone please confirm if it does?
Tia

godsquare Jan 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by tatys00 (Post 24264097)
I understand the WIKI says US Bank Visa is treated as cash advance but someone on the previous thread posted that their Club Carlson Visa wasn't charging cash advance fees. (at the end of October) Can someone please confirm if it does?
Tia

Why don't you try it by yourself (and report the result, if you kind enough)?

If you load it for, says, $5, the worst case is you will be charged $5 for CA fee.

hungrytotravel Jan 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by tatys00 (Post 24264097)
Tia

I first reported that the USB Club Carlson Visa was charging cash advance fees back in October in the prior megathread. I can definitely confirm that it charges fees as of 10/9/2014. Hence, I personally no longer load with this card, but if you're trying to meet a minimum spend you can consider whether a $20 fee is worth it for a $500 load?

tatys00 Jan 31, 2015 9:41 am

Originally Posted by godsquare (Post 24265545)
Why don't you try it by yourself (and report the result, if you kind enough)?

If you load it for, says, $5, the worst case is you will be charged $5 for CA fee.

;) I will once I get the card, I just got approved and they take a while to send it. I was just hoping to know before I change the card on serve.

tatys00 Jan 31, 2015 9:42 am

Originally Posted by hungrytotravel (Post 24265643)
I first reported that the USB Club Carlson Visa was charging cash advance fees back in October in the prior megathread. I can definitely confirm that it charges fees as of 10/9/2014. Hence, I personally no longer load with this card, but if you're trying to meet a minimum spend you can consider whether a $20 fee is worth it for a $500 load?

I thought cash advance didn't count to min. spend :confused: