FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

ericdabbs Jan 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by HGF (Post 24181518)
I don't think it is my card since it has worked fine for months. The limit on the machine isn't a hard limit nor is the transaction declined, the machine just says it needs manager approval before continuing. I'm guessing they may have configured a limit on the kate I use.

I wasn't talking about your BB card. I was initially referring to your VGCs. More than half the time, the people who complain about not being able to load at Kate or cashiers is because their VGC is not in a good state.

PlyrStar93 Jan 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by HGF (Post 24181518)
I don't think it is my card since it has worked fine for months. The limit on the machine isn't a hard limit nor is the transaction declined, the machine just says it needs manager approval before continuing. I'm guessing they may have configured a limit on the kate I use.

3636 N Broadway?

From the phenomenon, it seemed like someone else loaded close to $2k before you, and you got caught by the velocity limit. But how did you figure out the "limit" could be $200? Did you try smaller amounts with successful loads?

melonscent Jan 16, 2015 8:28 pm

From the Wiki what it says about being safe to load online with Chase (Master Card, Visa). Just wanted to confirm it is safe (no CA fee) with Chase Ink online load into Serve?. I just received my chase ink today and never done it before. Thank you.

christof Jan 16, 2015 10:35 pm

Hey folks. I funded a $200 test with my Barclays Barclaycard US Airways MasterCard. I chose $200 since the fee is 5% or $10, whichever is greater. After 2 business days, the transaction finally posted to my Barclays account. Does anyone know what this description means: "POI FUNDING TRANSACTIONS(EXCLUDING MONEYSEND)"?

I found one search result from October 2014, and it sounded like Barclays wouldn't charge a Cash Advance fee at that time. Does anyone know about today -- will they charge a Cash Advance fee? Does the CA fee show up once the transaction posts to the Barclays.com online account? I don't see one, but I'm wondering if it'll show in the final billing statement.

Thanks, folks!

ZzzzX Jan 17, 2015 6:39 am

Arrival + still posts as sale.

JW008 Jan 17, 2015 8:58 am

Originally Posted by christof (Post 24182573)
Hey folks. I funded a $200 test with my Barclays Barclaycard US Airways MasterCard. I chose $200 since the fee is 5% or $10, whichever is greater. After 2 business days, the transaction finally posted to my Barclays account. Does anyone know what this description means: "POI FUNDING TRANSACTIONS(EXCLUDING MONEYSEND)"?

I found one search result from October 2014, and it sounded like Barclays wouldn't charge a Cash Advance fee at that time. Does anyone know about today -- will they charge a Cash Advance fee? Does the CA fee show up once the transaction posts to the Barclays.com online account? I don't see one, but I'm wondering if it'll show in the final billing statement.

Thanks, folks!

I've used it for the past two months and haven't had any cash advance fees posted.

Happy Jan 17, 2015 10:23 am

Originally Posted by christof (Post 24182573)

This is the key word why MC continues to work. It is not coded as money transfer like Visa does.

Thanks, folks!

lumangoy Jan 17, 2015 10:59 am

anyone who got the email about the $10 credit when putting $150 on reserve get the credit?

tatys00 Jan 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Anyone knows if serve will count for the min spend on Amex Platinum? The wiki says it might but how do I know if it does or if it doesn't?

Mamibear Jan 17, 2015 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 24184533)
anyone who got the email about the $10 credit when putting $150 on reserve get the credit?

I got this in 4/4 accounts. from what I understand, the $150 should be kept in there until 3/31 so I'll park that amount there and see by first week of April if I get all credits.

ryanlion2 Jan 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Family Dollar $500 reloads still an option in 2015?

hi, I'm interested in buying gift cards with my Amex CC, then taking those GCs to FD and loading my Serve at $500 per day up to the monthly limit. Has anyone had success on this approach in 2015?
I've read the Wiki and all 14 pages of this thread :)

Thanks!

ZzzzX Jan 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by ryanlion2 (Post 24185170)
hi, I'm interested in buying gift cards with my Amex CC, then taking those GCs to FD and loading my Serve at $500 per day up to the monthly limit. Has anyone had success on this approach in 2015?
I've read the Wiki and all 14 pages of this thread :)

Thanks!

No. Never works. FD system automatically melts the plastic. Gets goo everywhere. But cleaning supplies are only a buck so I keep going back.

vwks2006 Jan 18, 2015 1:04 am

Originally Posted by tatys00 (Post 24184912)
Anyone knows if serve will count for the min spend on Amex Platinum? The wiki says it might but how do I know if it does or if it doesn't?

It did for me.

knowledgeispower Jan 18, 2015 8:36 am

This is a bit late but Chase Visa CA posted as a Sale as it has been for everyone else this month (as of 1/15/2015) so far so good :)

azcoyote Jan 18, 2015 10:29 am

Google Is in Talks to Buy Mobile-Payments Service Softcard

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/01/...NewsCollection