FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

PlyrStar93 Jan 31, 2015 10:28 am

Originally Posted by tatys00 (Post 24267492)
I thought cash advance didn't count to min. spend :confused:

Read the terms:

New Account Bonus: To earn the one-time First Purchase Bonus of 50,000 Gold Points, you must first make a purchase with your Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature credit card ("Card") within 90 days after your Account was opened. You may earn an additional one-time Spend Bonus of 35,000 Gold Points (10,000 Gold Points for Platinum Rewards) if you spend at least $2,500 ($1,500 for Platinum Rewards) in Net Purchases on your Card within 90 days after your Account was opened. "Net Purchases" means authorized purchases of goods and services minus any returns or refunds and does not include Advances (as defined in the Agreement, including wire transfers, travelers checks, money orders, foreign cash transactions, betting transactions, lottery tickets and ATM disbursements), convenience checks, balance transfers, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, overdraft advances, interest charges, fees, credit insurance charges, transactions to fund certain prepaid card products, U.S. Mint purchases, or transactions to purchase cash convertible items.

Amex For Children Of Africa Jan 31, 2015 10:36 am

I know it's not ideal to use bill pay to pay off the card you loaded with, but it is better to use the moneypass ATMs? Or should I just pay off another credit card using bill pay?

I tried making a payment with bill pay and it hasn't processed yet(been about 7 days). Does it usually take this long?

Blueskyheaven Jan 31, 2015 11:23 am

is there a direct number for the tech support?
Was unable to link my credit card. I have linked and added money with it before. The fraud dept & customer care agent told me I should talk to a tech support rep. Was transferred to tech support. The agent was a j**k. So rude pretended to never hear me even though he read my card number and call back number correctly and never called me back.
Now I am calling and on hold with customer service agent to start this all over again

qwqb Jan 31, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm wanting to get in on this but the only phone that I have is provided by my company (I am not the AU on the account) and it doesn't have the right kind of SIM card. Is there an easy way around this? Or should I just go with the 1k/mo online cc loading?

dwatcher Feb 1, 2015 11:34 am

So I have been paying my credit card bills with the money that I add through visa gc at walmart. Is this going to flag serve? Is this still a safe strategy? I try to keep it under $1400 each month.

Mamibear Feb 1, 2015 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by qwqb (Post 24269984)
I'm wanting to get in on this but the only phone that I have is provided by my company (I am not the AU on the account) and it doesn't have the right kind of SIM card. Is there an easy way around this? Or should I just go with the 1k/mo online cc loading?

if you have friends/family with Softcard app on their phones, ask them if they're not registering for Serve-Softcard account and if not, get their permission to register for your account using their phone. You don't need their phone once you've successfully registered for an account and you'll have the higher load limits.

Mamibear Feb 1, 2015 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by dwatcher (Post 24272914)
So I have been paying my credit card bills with the money that I add through visa gc at walmart. Is this going to flag serve? Is this still a safe strategy? I try to keep it under $1400 each month.

To be on the safe side, I suggest you avoid paying the CC that you use to load your Serve. But you can pay other CC bills using B/P, but not the one linked to your Serve account.

PlyrStar93 Feb 1, 2015 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24273236)
To be on the safe side, I suggest you avoid paying the CC that you use to load your Serve. But you can pay other CC bills using B/P, but not the one linked to your Serve account.

He was talking about using a cc to buy VGC and go to Walmart and unload the VGC to Serve, not the direct credit card load. In this case, the load will be classified as cash load, and you should not have any problem paying back the cc you used to buy VGC - as long as the cc is not linked to Serve.

For example, you have cc1, cc2, and cc3. cc2 is linked to Serve.
You can use cc1/cc2/cc3 to buy VGC and load to Serve at Walmart, but only pay back to cc1/cc3.

mbfanos Feb 1, 2015 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by PlyrStar93 (Post 24274018)
He was talking about using a cc to buy VGC and go to Walmart and unload the VGC to Serve, not the direct credit card load. In this case, the load will be classified as cash load, and you should not have any problem paying back the cc you used to buy VGC - as long as the cc is not linked to Serve.

For example, you have cc1, cc2, and cc3. cc2 is linked to Serve.
You can use cc1/cc2/cc3 to buy VGC and load to Serve at Walmart, but only pay back to cc1/cc3.

How about this case:
For Chase Ink
Primary card holder last 4: 0000
Authorized user last 4: 1111
The AU loads his Serve with 1111 (direct credit card load), then BP 0000. The last 8 numbers on 2 cards are different, not just the last 4.
My question is: is it safe to do so? On Serve/Amex side, they are two completely different credit cards, right? There is no way they can know 1111 is 0000's AU??

sfkhan Feb 1, 2015 9:26 pm

Is it okay if I transfer funds from SoftServe to my bank account and then pay the bill from my account(Chase to be specific). Have heard about Chase giving a hard time to strange deposits etc. Does it raise red flags if I repeat each month?

Watrfrnt Feb 1, 2015 10:00 pm

Apartment in billing address

What a great forum!

I've had so much trouble getting one of my cards to be connected to my Serve account, and here I found the solution!

I love this forum, thank you, THANK YOU! ^^^^

sfkhan Feb 1, 2015 10:14 pm

Can anyone help in registering SoftServe with Amex Offers? I couldnt find anything and Serve's website says I can benefit from Amex Offers.

ChrisFlyer66 Feb 1, 2015 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24275669)
Can anyone help in registering SoftServe with Amex Offers? I couldnt find anything and Serve's website says I can benefit from Amex Offers.

You should be able to register it for offers using twitter or facebook.

knowledgeispower Feb 2, 2015 6:27 am

Originally Posted by PlyrStar93 (Post 24189938)
Any Citi MasterCard IS fine because the merchant category for MasterCard (not Visa) is "POI Funding Transactions (excluding MC moneysend)", which is not considered as cash advance by Citi. But why do you want to load with the Simplicity? It's not a reward earning card after all.

That's a good question! I have 0% interest on my Citi Card for a while and needed a short help financially...

backflash Feb 2, 2015 9:53 am

If I have a pay pal business account that I got for ie.....(selling things on craglist and ebay maybe $100 in a year) but I then transfer thousands of dollars from my pay pal business account to wife pay pal business account to meet min spending for C/C. Will I have to pay taxes on it? Since it looks like I made a couple of thousand dollars but I really didnt? I only really Manufactured Spending. Sorry but it just got me thinking....... Hope I didnt mess up