FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

canyoncar Jan 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24162079)
IS it okay to take out $2000 cash from Serve every month and then depositing it back into the bank account? Is it going to raise any red flags?

I'd just add the bank account to serve and ACH it out instead.

Banks don't care about $2k, but it's an unnecessary hassle to do that every month.

isaac2004 Jan 14, 2015 8:46 pm

GC that can be loaded at Walmart in Chicago

Any fellow Chicagoans have a prime spot to pick up GCs that I can load at a Walmart MC? I haven't tried the stuff at Walgreens yet but wanted to make sure someone has had an experience. Worst case I will pick up a $25 and post results.

raymam1 Jan 15, 2015 7:47 am

isaac,

really any Jewel or CVS in the city is good for giftcards. Just go there and try it out small to get comfortable

isaac2004 Jan 15, 2015 8:10 am

Originally Posted by raymam1 (Post 24171540)
isaac,

really any Jewel or CVS in the city is good for giftcards. Just go there and try it out small to get comfortable

Thanks raymam, I just wanted to make sure CVS was still an option to get the GC for Walmart. I am also going to try the Family Dollar a block from where I live with a VGC from Walgreens.

dukerau Jan 15, 2015 9:24 am

Originally Posted by isaac2004 (Post 24169363)
Any fellow Chicagoans have a prime spot to pick up GCs that I can load at a Walmart MC? I haven't tried the stuff at Walgreens yet but wanted to make sure someone has had an experience. Worst case I will pick up a $25 and post results.

CVS only carries Bancorp-issued VGC, which are not Walmart-friendly. They do work at Family Dollar though. You'll need Metabank- or US Bank- issued VGC for Walmart use.

pianistat Jan 15, 2015 9:41 am

I see the Wiki and what it says about being safe to load online with Citi Mastercard (Businesss AA Citi Mastercard). Just wanted to confirm with somebody with a recent experience. Is that still the case? TIA

hamokmonky Jan 15, 2015 9:49 am

Originally Posted by pianistat (Post 24172250)
I see the Wiki and what it says about being safe to load online with Citi Mastercard (Businesss AA Citi Mastercard). Just wanted to confirm with somebody with a recent experience. Is that still the case? TIA

I have been using citi AA mc for months now to get my extra monthly spend bonuses. I used it 2 days ago and it posted normally.

HGF Jan 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Has anyone else been seeing a $200 transaction limit when trying to load Serve with Kate?

jyx Jan 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by HGF (Post 24173334)
Has anyone else been seeing a $200 transaction limit when trying to load Serve with Kate?

I didn't have any issue loading serve at kate today, more than $200 every time.

PlyrStar93 Jan 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Has anyone else been seeing a $200 transaction limit when trying to load serve with Kate?

I have not heard about this, either. Also loaded more than $200 at once to Serve without problem today.

fr33b13 Jan 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Does anyone here know if I paid someone using bill pay on Serve and I don't get my services, is there anything I can do?

ericdabbs Jan 15, 2015 10:48 pm

Nope its an issue with your card.

iloverice Jan 16, 2015 9:33 am

Unfortunately, I have loaded my Serve with my AA BoA Visa. I didn't realize it would be a cash advance until it was too late (I should have read the Wiki more thoroughly).

Has anyone had any luck getting them to remove the cash advance fees?

Edit: Just spoke with a BoA rep and they were happy to refund the fees (as a one time courtesy) if I deposited the money back to the account immediately. Phew!

rxgeek Jan 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by iloverice (Post 24178806)
Unfortunately, I have loaded my Serve with my AA BoA Visa. I didn't realize it would be a cash advance until it was too late (I should have read the Wiki more thoroughly).

Has anyone had any luck getting them to remove the cash advance fees?

Edit: Just spoke with a BoA rep and they were happy to refund the fees (as a one time courtesy) if I deposited the money back to the account immediately. Phew!

When it happened to me I called the card CS and they waived the fee.

HGF Jan 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24176511)
Nope its an issue with your card.

I don't think it is my card since it has worked fine for months. The limit on the machine isn't a hard limit nor is the transaction declined, the machine just says it needs manager approval before continuing. I'm guessing they may have configured a limit on the kate I use.