FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

weezl Feb 14, 2015 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 (Post 24351478)
PayPal wants you to load with MyCash. They also want you to spend it, and not move it, like a money launderer would do.

Read the PayPal thread if you want more info.

Yes I get that. I'm just not understanding what else you would do with ppmc card other than use it to load pp. And I'm not understanding what else you would use to load pp. I know you can transfer funds to pp but other than using ppmc's what else would constitute a "load"?

Lumpylump76 Feb 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 24353164)
Yes I get that. I'm just not understanding what else you would do with ppmc card other than use it to load pp. And I'm not understanding what else you would use to load pp. I know you can transfer funds to pp but other than using ppmc's what else would constitute a "load"?

You can fund your PP account from a bank account, or from business payments to you.

averind Feb 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Loaded $200 via Citi Thank you preferred Master. Posted as POI FUNDING TRANSACTIONS, no fees showed up yet. Hopefully points will.

ZzzzX Feb 15, 2015 7:50 am

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 24353164)

Green dot.

DaveInLA Feb 15, 2015 8:39 pm

I just got a RB card for my wife but need to close her Serve first. The Serve is zero'd out now. I want to close it via the webpage "close account" option, but I read that the BB link to close BB stopped working early this month. Any reports of problems closing Serve via the website?

Lumpylump76 Feb 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 24358088)
I just got a RB card for my wife but need to close her Serve first. The Serve is zero'd out now. I want to close it via the webpage "close account" option, but I read that the BB link to close BB stopped working early this month. Any reports of problems closing Serve via the website?

Just call it in. It takes about 10 minutes.

averind Feb 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by averind (Post 24353469)
Loaded $200 via Citi Thank you preferred Master. Posted as POI FUNDING TRANSACTIONS, no fees showed up yet. Hopefully points will.

By the way does the fee appear as soon as the charge posts or is it when the statement closes?

PlyrStar93 Feb 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by averind (Post 24361387)
By the way does the fee appear as soon as the charge posts or is it when the statement closes?

Don't have to wait until statement close; the fee should immediately show up as the charge posts. Like this:
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8652/...152ab55e_o.png

If you are concerned about cash advance fee after the charge posts, just expand the details and see the transaction type. It it's purchase, then it is fine and that particular charge will NEVER incur a cash advance fee.

averind Feb 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by PlyrStar93 (Post 24361547)
Don't have to wait until statement close; the fee should immediately show up as the charge posts. Like this:
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8652/...152ab55e_o.png

If you are concerned about cash advance fee after the charge posts, just expand the details and see the transaction type. It it's purchase, then it is fine and that particular charge will NEVER incur a cash advance fee.

Thanks. Even though the category was POI FUNDING TRANSACTIONS the transaction type is purchases. So I am guessing this will be earning points for me as well :)

Zyclone7 Feb 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Is the wiki at the top up to date? I am new to this and want to load my Serve with my Capital One Venture credit card. Can I still do this at a 7-11 register with $500 per swipe? If not, what are some other methods for me to achieve this? Does it only work with bank issues debit cards now? I am slightly confused...Thanks in advance guys.

Phantom707 Feb 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Zyclone7 (Post 24369839)
Is the wiki at the top up to date? I am new to this and want to load my Serve with my Capital One Venture credit card. Can I still do this at a 7-11 register with $500 per swipe? If not, what are some other methods for me to achieve this? Does it only work with bank issues debit cards now? I am slightly confused...Thanks in advance guys.

The wiki clearly states the following:

Loads at 7-11 and CVS are cash only. Debit cards are NOT allowed.
The only way to load Serve via a credit card directly is via the website. Also, the only way to do $500 in one transaction is to have Softcard with your Serve account. Otherwise, it's $200 maximum per transaction.

If you want to load money to your Serve using a credit card, just log into the site. That's the easiest method. All of the other ways would require that you take an extra step or two.

waingro Feb 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Anyone else have problems with the secure document upload site? I keep getting an error after submitting.

ShrinkingViolet Feb 18, 2015 4:12 pm

I have a redbird card and do not want to open a serve account. Wiki says I can load a temp serve card $500. Wondering if there's any way to take advantage of the temp cards. Any way to unload that initial 500 without registering? I can't remember if when getting the temp card you have to register at cash register (which I assume would decline since I have redbird). Any game here?

ericdabbs Feb 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet (Post 24375102)
I have a redbird card and do not want to open a serve account. Wiki says I can load a temp serve card $500. Wondering if there's any way to take advantage of the temp cards. Any way to unload that initial 500 without registering? I can't remember if when getting the temp card you have to register at cash register (which I assume would decline since I have redbird). Any game here?

Since you have Redbird, you can buy temp Serve cards and then use them to load your Redbird card. Temp Serve cards are just like AGCs in that they are coded as 'credit' so there is not much wiggle room there. Registering for the temp Serve card is not the problem...liquidating them is just not that much better and you pay the load fee.

However I don't see the point of even doing this especially since you can load to your Redbird directly with CC. It just adds another unnecessary layer.

ShrinkingViolet Feb 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24375264)
Since you have Redbird, you can buy temp Serve cards and then use them to load your Redbird card. Temp Serve cards are just like AGCs in that they are coded as 'credit' so there is not much wiggle room there. Registering for the temp Serve card is not the problem...liquidating them is just not that much better and you pay the load fee.

However I don't see the point of even doing this especially since you can load to your Redbird directly with CC. It just adds another unnecessary layer.

Yeah. I was hoping I could ATM it out or something. But that wouldn't be really scalable anyway. Meh, just a passing thought.