FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

V6Jeep4x4 May 4, 2015 10:43 am

Originally Posted by sechs (Post 24760228)
I feel like Serve/Softcard is technically a separate product from regular ol' Serve, and we're getting grandfathered on a number of features.

Sucks for folks who cancelled to switch to Redbird....

Very few, if any, of the people who switch to Redbird regret it.

If Redbird stops credit card loading AND Serve/Softcard did, in fact, grandfather folks in, than people might.

cdancer20 May 4, 2015 11:02 am

Originally Posted by V6Jeep4x4 (Post 24763184)

If Redbird stops credit card loading AND Serve/Softcard did, in fact, grandfather folks in, than people might.

I would have regretted it. But that's b/c I value $1500/month online load & Amex Offers at a high enough level to offset the added cost of buying VGCs & RLs.

neony77 May 4, 2015 11:03 am

Anyone that loaded with US Air MC - your transaction post yet? I was able to load on 5/1 and it still hasn't posted .. I am waiting to make sure it posts as a transaction before doing the next 2 loads... thanks!

MaxVO May 4, 2015 11:05 am

Data point:
Loaded my Serve with WF AmEx Propel. It posted as a purchase, but earned no points. :(
My earlier CC links were removed by the bank, and I'm not able to put back any MC or V.

dickieducker May 4, 2015 11:56 am

Unfortunately, I have a non-softcard serve, so no go with non-Amex cards (and so far no luck with non-US Amex fwiw), but i did notice that it is actually stated (in fees section) that fee for loading from Amex card for Serve account is $0 but fee for loading from Amex/VisaMastercard/Discover is $0 for Softcard Serve account, so it seems the Softcard use of other cards is official for now.

travelerX2020 May 4, 2015 7:21 pm

is anyone using the usbank flex perks amex from online loading, and getting points?

foofiter May 4, 2015 7:30 pm

I have seen it asked but not yet confirmed: does loading with FIA invest rewards 2x amex still earn points?

I just got my card minutes ago and did a load. It took away available credit but not any of the CA line so I feel pretty good about it.

I will report back when mine clears but I am curious if anyone has data points from April 16th 2015 forward?

sechs May 4, 2015 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by neony77 (Post 24763302)
Anyone that loaded with US Air MC - your transaction post yet? I was able to load on 5/1 and it still hasn't posted .. I am waiting to make sure it posts as a transaction before doing the next 2 loads... thanks!

I just had all three loads from this month post on my Aviator card. Looks to be business as usual.

tracerit May 4, 2015 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by sechs (Post 24766813)
I just had all three loads from this month post on my Aviator card. Looks to be business as usual.

do you have Serve/Softcard(ISIS) as well?

nopoints May 5, 2015 10:11 am

Originally Posted by foofiter (Post 24766045)
I have seen it asked but not yet confirmed: does loading with FIA invest rewards 2x amex still earn points?

I just got my card minutes ago and did a load. It took away available credit but not any of the CA line so I feel pretty good about it.

I will report back when mine clears but I am curious if anyone has data points from April 16th 2015 forward?

I loaded a couple of times this month and the transactions which are no longer
in pending state show up in the pending rewards... So yes, it still works.

ucfzf10 May 5, 2015 10:16 am

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 24766862)
do you have Serve/Softcard(ISIS) as well?

I use the Aviator/US Airways MC on my Softcard Serve & it posted as purchases this month.

JunkDiver May 5, 2015 12:07 pm

Can you fund Serve online with $200/day from an AmEx giftcard?

heyeaglefn May 5, 2015 12:22 pm

No and it is in the wiki.

crapz1 May 5, 2015 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by V6Jeep4x4 (Post 24763184)

Except if you read all the posts today, you'll see that Target will not be allowing any CC loads to RedBird on 5/6. Might be regional rollout but its coming. I'm glad to be grandfathered in under Softcard so I still do my $1500 online, but the main reason I never switched to RB is because I still value being able to load my cards at Kate. Imagine trying to get your local Target CSR to do 25 $200 loads each month.

iguanajm May 5, 2015 12:49 pm

i'm glad i didnt switch over to redbird!! however, in the future i might have to...

i have a soft serve, so currently non-amex is still working (for now). i live in SFO, so wm/fd is NOT convenient to get to....will need to hangout in the redbird thread to see if gc loading is possible. i've actually never tried these types of loads....

i'm also interested to see the prices falling for redbird on ebay. today i see BIN @ $13. Before it was around $21.