Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by michael160
First of all, thanks for sharing your info - I find it very helpful. It's possible that your shutdown was a total coincidence. it may also be possible that since your account was one of only a small handful of reports of WF shutdown that the faxing activity caused someone, somewhere to put eyes on your account. When that happened, someone may have gotten spooked seeing so many MO deposits. The bill payments wouldn't necessarily be an issue - it's the deposits that would have sent up red flags, and that is exactly the reason they gave for account closure. Not saying it's definitely what happened, but it is quite a coincidence.
nah it was a nosey teller at the branch. It was the MO deposits. That also follows the pattern of other closures. Banking closed due to Mo deposits under BSA. Credit closed due to unsatisfactory relationship.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:49 pm

I was FINALLY able to purchase one gift card at Randalls with this card. Going to try again tonight.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Your assumption is without foundation. I was closed but it was checking due to MO deposits.

The hold removal via the High Dollar desk is a BAU function for WF cards. Like all compartmented corporate entities the left hand has little knowledge of the right.

This is an extremely effective method for pushing volume.
That was a lot of eyes on your acct and I imagine it helped lead to shutfown, but MO's are a death sentence eventually....why you should never poop where you eat. We just pushed large amounts every few days. Always kept ~20-40k in each acct so no issues with paying and having time for a new push to clear without any eyes looking.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:05 am

Not sure if my account is closed but there's a note online that my account is limited. Glad ive hit my 6th month.

I really pushed it the last month making multiple payments.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by lumangoy
Not sure if my account is closed but there's a note online that my account is limited. Glad ive hit my 6th month.

I really pushed it the last month making multiple payments.
Probably just have to call in to the fraud department and verify charges. My account was like that a few times before calling in.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:22 am

My 6th month anniversary date is 6/17 but the promotional offer end date on the rewards page is 6/25.

Does it mean I get 1 week extra 5%?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
My 6th month anniversary date is 6/17 but the promotional offer end date on the rewards page is 6/25.

Does it mean I get 1 week extra 5%?
Yes. I've noticed they give a bit more than 6 months to account for the time it takes to get your card.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:10 am

This may sound stupid, but as someone who has never "pushed" or "pulled" payments before, are you all talking about the ACH payments that are often fee based?

I've never needed to clear up credit line quickly before, so I'm new to the whole concept.

Will mainly be using BOA and DCU.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cb11
This may sound stupid, but as someone who has never "pushed" or "pulled" payments before, are you all talking about the ACH payments that are often fee based?

I've never needed to clear up credit line quickly before, so I'm new to the whole concept.

Pull implies you initiate the payment from the payee side (in this case, WF) - pulling $ into the account
Push implies you initiate payment from the payer side (i.e. your bank account bill pay feature) - pushing money into the account

Fees may be incurred depending on how you go about making the push/pull
Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:33 am

Just approved for a $9k CL. Couldn't get a higher CL, but they're expediting the card at no charge.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by cb11

You can't push with DCU. I believe most BOA charge fees to push.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
You can't push with DCU. I believe most BOA charge fees to push.
My BOA does charge fees to push. Although the fee is negligible compared to the 5% CB unless you're doing a ton of small pushes.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:15 pm

Available Credit drops to 0 (zero)

I have been using this card for about 50 days now. I have been paying this card off my pushing/pulling directly from other banks, etc.. In other words, I am not using the Checking account. Please do not reply about this. I know that its better to transfer from checking. That is not my concern.

The last week, what I have seen is that my available credit limit will be $8,000, then I will go and put through a 4,000 purchase. When I wake up the next morning, my available credit drops to zero. Then yesterday, it went back up to 5,000. I bought 2,000 and again this morning its back to zero.

I do have a bunch of payments from earlier that have not "cleared" yet, but I am confused how purchases can be dropping the credit limit to zero this way.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by hokiegl
I have been using this card for about 50 days now. I have been paying this card off my pushing/pulling directly from other banks, etc.. In other words, I am not using the Checking account. Please do not reply about this. I know that its better to transfer from checking. That is not my concern.

The last week, what I have seen is that my available credit limit will be $8,000, then I will go and put through a 4,000 purchase. When I wake up the next morning, my available credit drops to zero. Then yesterday, it went back up to 5,000. I bought 2,000 and again this morning its back to zero.

I do have a bunch of payments from earlier that have not "cleared" yet, but I am confused how purchases can be dropping the credit limit to zero this way.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Unfortunately since you said "do not to reply about this"....I cannot explain to you why it is happening. Good luck though
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
If you're seeing the 0 available CL, it means that WF is manually reviewing your payments (too many have landed, over CL, etc). They are then holding the payments for 3-7 business days. Reason you are seeing the CL drop to 0 is that when they hold the payments it doesn't release the CL, or it takes back CL that was previously available. When you start purchasing, it really throws accounting for what's going on into a big loop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.