Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Nepasser
So is this card a lot less desirable if you don't have a Wells Fargo location near you?

It seems like they hold up the credit line for weeks if you pay with a non Wells Fargo checking and the mobile app will only let you deposit 5k a month in money orders.

Would transferring money into Wells Fargo from BOA and then paying the bill work or would that take too long?
Yes transferring to a checking/savings account will work.
I've been doing that lately to get credit right away on my cc account.
Old May 16, 2015, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Yes transferring to a checking/savings account will work.
I've been doing that lately to get credit right away on my cc account.
How exactly are you performing this transfer? I'd like to do BOA to WF.
Old May 16, 2015, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by cb11
How exactly are you performing this transfer? I'd like to do BOA to WF.
you can push from BOA or pull from WF...same same...until you hit your monthly transfer limit with one bank and then use the other method or another bank
Old May 17, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
I'm sure it was asked and answered before, but I cannot find it. My last day of 5x points is 5/19. Can I close this card after (and may be propel card i also have) and apply for a new 5x (may be cash, not points) in 12 month? Have anyone done it?
Old May 17, 2015, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by al613
I'm sure it was asked and answered before, but I cannot find it. My last day of 5x points is 5/19. Can I close this card after (and may be propel card i also have) and apply for a new 5x (may be cash, not points) in 12 month? Have anyone done it?
I don't think you looked hard enough at all since the question was just asked in the previous page. See the quotes below. Bottom line is NO you can't apply for the same exact card and get the 5% bonus again.

Post #277
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24747657-post277.html
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Originally Posted by cak144 View Post
I'm not sure if this question has been asked. I had the WF card and closed it about 5 months ago after the initial 6 month 5% earnings period ended. Will I be able to get the card again sometime in the future and still be eligible for the 5% earnings for first 6 months?
Anecdotal evidence is that the 5% bonus is once per lifetime.
Post #278
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24748398-post278.html
Originally Posted by AnInfrequentFlyer
Originally Posted by cak144 View Post
I'm not sure if this question has been asked. I had the WF card and closed it about 5 months ago after the initial 6 month 5% earnings period ended. Will I be able to get the card again sometime in the future and still be eligible for the 5% earnings for first 6 months?
There's two different 5% cards: Rewards and Cash Back. I got the 5% on the Rewards and then closed it. 6 months later I applied for the Cash Back version and successfully received the 5% bonus.

I can't speak to receiving the 5% for the same card type though.
Old May 17, 2015, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I don't think you looked hard enough at all since the question was just asked in the previous page. See the quotes below. Bottom line is NO you can't apply for the same exact card and get the 5% bonus again.

Post #277
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24747657-post277.html

Post #278

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24748398-post278.html
Thank you! So, I see that according to #278 its possible.
Old May 17, 2015, 9:36 pm

There's two different 5% cards: Rewards and Cash Back. I got the 5% on the Rewards and then closed it. 6 months later I applied for the Cash Back version and successfully received the 5% bonus.

Thanks! The question is do you need to close ALL Wells Fargo credit cards before applying? It seems that if you have any other card open you will not get 5x.
Old May 17, 2015, 9:38 pm

Is it necessary to (1) close the 1st account? (2) wait 6 months after the cancellation of the 1st card for application?
Old May 18, 2015, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by shannanigons
About a week after I used the bill pay feature on my fiance's REdBird to send a payment to WF (CC in my name), I got a letter stating that they had been unable to verify I was an authorized user on that account. Which I'm not for the record. Why should WF care if person A is making payments to person B's account?

Has anyone else had this problem? I've made several payments like this over the last three months and there have been no issues.

Anyway, now I've added myself as a "sub account" on fiance's RB and am going to call RB customer service to fax verification to WF.

Wish me luck
So to update, I called RedCard and they wouldn't fax any verifications to WellsFargo. With no other options, I called Wells Fargo to see what my options were for resolving the situation. The CSR said the problem was because the payment was "entered twice" (not sure what that means) and not an issue with the names on the accounts. She agreed with me that it shouldn't matter if my fiance makes a payment on my card.

So far no adverse affects from this issue. Hopefully this was just an anomaly.
Old May 18, 2015, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Is it necessary to (1) close the 1st account? (2) wait 6 months after the cancellation of the 1st card for application?
I can't answer for sure because my experience was similar, but I do see that my old rewards account disappeared in the interim (8 months for me) and that I have a new one that is receiving the 5x bonus points.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:38 pm

Where /how can I find out the exact end date of my 5% promotion, online?
Old May 20, 2015, 7:30 pm

Paying balance with Money Orders at a branch?

I am in the first month and would like any feedback about paying down the balance with MOs in a branch. I am not talking about deposits into checking. But paying the CC directly. Has anyone done that on a consistent basis? Once a week for 3-10K each payment? Or should I do a smaller amount of payments? Will it make a difference to go to different branches?

I searched but could not get an answer.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by hokiegl
Paying balance with Money Orders at a branch?

I am in the first month and would like any feedback about paying down the balance with MOs in a branch. I am not talking about deposits into checking. But paying the CC directly. Has anyone done that on a consistent basis? Once a week for 3-10K each payment? Or should I do a smaller amount of payments? Will it make a difference to go to different branches?

I searched but could not get an answer.
I would never do this as it raises ?'s, which is exactly what you want to avoid. Remember do not poop where you eat or you are at a much greater risk of contracting ecoli
Old May 20, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Where /how can I find out the exact end date of my 5% promotion, online?
I had to call the rewards department
Old May 20, 2015, 8:26 pm
xp0

go to rewards portal, Earn rewards -> my offers then click the "Promotional Offers - Usage" tab. The dates are in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.