Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
What a hassle

everything was going great until I charged $800 at Chevron to charge my PayPal Prepaid card, and (until this morning) I wasn't able to get anymore purchases over $1000. I had to call several times before they were able to authorize the charges. After asking some questions, the charges suddenly worked.

Last edited by mrx900; Apr 30, 2015 at 10:02 am Reason: speling
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:46 pm

if you get 5x at Target, i guess you can also get 5x at Walmart? The declined charges are a pain. Is calling a good idea or just try again?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by zackwz
if you get 5x at Target, i guess you can also get 5x at Walmart? The declined charges are a pain. Is calling a good idea or just try again?
for the most part, you do have to call, especially if you are getting declined...but you can also call the automated line, and once you let it know the purchases were authorized, your good to go.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
for the most part, you do have to call, especially if you are getting declined...but you can also call the automated line, and once you let it know the purchases were authorized, your good to go.
Thanks. What's automated line number?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by zackwz
thanks. What's automated line number?
888-671-2468
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:53 pm

I'm not sure if this question has been asked. I had the WF card and closed it about 5 months ago after the initial 6 month 5% earnings period ended. Will I be able to get the card again sometime in the future and still be eligible for the 5% earnings for first 6 months?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by cak144
I'm not sure if this question has been asked. I had the WF card and closed it about 5 months ago after the initial 6 month 5% earnings period ended. Will I be able to get the card again sometime in the future and still be eligible for the 5% earnings for first 6 months?
Anecdotal evidence is that the 5% bonus is once per lifetime.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by cak144
There's two different 5% cards: Rewards and Cash Back. I got the 5% on the Rewards and then closed it. 6 months later I applied for the Cash Back version and successfully received the 5% bonus.

I can't speak to receiving the 5% for the same card type though.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by AnInfrequentFlyer
There's two different 5% cards: Rewards and Cash Back. I got the 5% on the Rewards and then closed it. 6 months later I applied for the Cash Back version and successfully received the 5% bonus.

I can't speak to receiving the 5% for the same card type though.
Thanks for the data point! I thought about it and never read any confirmation of it. I guess it is time to close my Cash Back card now.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:57 pm

On May 1st charged for 10x$500 Meta bank VGC at Albertsons. The $5059 was authorized by CC, then the signature pad froze could not sign, cashier had to cancel the Trans. The receipt came out as transaction canceled. May 4th the charge is posted. The manager is trying to help. still investigating....
Because the transaction was canceled, can I raise the dispute with my CC?
Old May 4, 2015, 8:40 pm

I'm trying to learn the limits of this card. Anybody think paying off the CL 3X in a week, or doing my full CL of 9k in a single day is a bad idea? Has anybody else done similar? Wish my CL was higher.
Old May 5, 2015, 1:12 am

I called after 2 months and had my CL increased. That helped a lot. I had it increased by 10K. I have a mortgage with them if that matters.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
On May 1st charged for 10x$500 Meta bank VGC at Albertsons. The $5059 was authorized by CC, then the signature pad froze could not sign, cashier had to cancel the Trans. The receipt came out as transaction canceled. May 4th the charge is posted. The manager is trying to help. still investigating....
Because the transaction was canceled, can I raise the dispute with my CC?
any 'disputes' are examined under the microscope....ie. charges, item being purchased, etc etc. If you get lucky, you will get a banker who doesn't give a flying puck what yo are buying, but if you get that nozy CSI type, they will enjoy shredding you to pieces on the phone and possibly shut you down....so caveat emptor.
Old May 8, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by mrx900
any 'disputes' are examined under the microscope....ie. charges, item being purchased, etc etc. If you get lucky, you will get a banker who doesn't give a flying puck what yo are buying, but if you get that nozy CSI type, they will enjoy shredding you to pieces on the phone and possibly shut you down....so caveat emptor.
Don't wet your pants.

Faxed my receipt 'transaction cancelled' to the bank, the store manager called said sorry for the trouble and he reversed the charges. I see the money posted this morning in my account.
Old May 8, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Don't wet your pants.

Faxed my receipt 'transaction cancelled' to the bank, the store manager called said sorry for the trouble and he reversed the charges. I see the money posted this morning in my account.
Too late...already wet my pants 3 mths ago, when I had to talk to the bank.....but glad it worked out that easy for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.