Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 9:50 pm

So I had this 5x cashback card in the past and plan on getting the 5x rewards flavor. ... Is this the correct flavor to apply ? -- >Wells Fargo Rewards VisaŽ Card
Do you know if this one gives points and the rewards earned can be deposited to account as cash ?
Old May 11, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
My W-F has practically been begging for me to get this card recently.

Prior app 6 months back left dangling because I was asked to prove income.

If I apply again, will the HP apply? I have checkings, savings with them, too.

TIA.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes
My W-F has practically been begging for me to get this card recently.

Prior app 6 months back left dangling because I was asked to prove income.

If I apply again, will the HP apply? I have checkings, savings with them, too.

TIA.
If you are asking if your HP from 6 months ago will apply, then no...you will definitey get a new HP. Should be easy to prove income unless you lied on app, which is not recommended
Old May 12, 2015, 7:48 am

How can you tell which Wells Fargo card you have? Either reward or cash back card?
Old May 12, 2015, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by heydude
How can you tell which Wells Fargo card you have? Either reward or cash back card?
Log into your account - if, under credit accounts, it says "5% Cash Back", you have the 5% cash back card

If it doesn't say "5% Cash Back ", you don't have the 5% cash back card.

What also works well is remembering which card you apply for.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:54 am

I have a 5% cash back card, but both reward and cash back have 5% cash back. And I forgot which card I applied, I only remember it is a platinum card.

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Log into your account - if, under credit accounts, it says "5% Cash Back", you have the 5% cash back card

If it doesn't say "5% Cash Back ", you don't have the 5% cash back card.

What also works well is remembering which card you apply for.
Old May 15, 2015, 6:43 am

Problems paying WF 5% with SO RedBird

About a week after I used the bill pay feature on my fiance's REdBird to send a payment to WF (CC in my name), I got a letter stating that they had been unable to verify I was an authorized user on that account. Which I'm not for the record. Why should WF care if person A is making payments to person B's account?

Has anyone else had this problem? I've made several payments like this over the last three months and there have been no issues.

Anyway, now I've added myself as a "sub account" on fiance's RB and am going to call RB customer service to fax verification to WF.

Wish me luck
Old May 15, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by shannanigons
About a week after I used the bill pay feature on my fiance's REdBird to send a payment to WF (CC in my name), I got a letter stating that they had been unable to verify I was an authorized user on that account. Which I'm not for the record. Why should WF care if person A is making payments to person B's account?

Has anyone else had this problem? I've made several payments like this over the last three months and there have been no issues.

Anyway, now I've added myself as a "sub account" on fiance's RB and am going to call RB customer service to fax verification to WF.

Wish me luck
I was going to use my wife's Redcard to pay WF bill as well. I guess I need to wait and use mine instead. Good to know.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:17 am

I have the rewards card. Can I redeem for cash back without a WF checking/saving account?
Old May 15, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by zackwz
I have the rewards card. Can I redeem for cash back without a WF checking/saving account?
yes
Old May 15, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Originally Posted by shannanigons

Wish me luck
wow this is new. I just made 3 bill payments from accounts not in my name into my WF card. Your the first to report this. Hoping its not the first of many and a one off
Old May 15, 2015, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
yes
so do i use the redeem for cash back to wf account with a check option?
Old May 15, 2015, 10:16 am

For the wells fargo checking, does transfer money from ally back count as direct deposite?
Old May 15, 2015, 1:24 pm

So is this card a lot less desirable if you don't have a Wells Fargo location near you?

It seems like they hold up the credit line for weeks if you pay with a non Wells Fargo checking and the mobile app will only let you deposit 5k a month in money orders.

Would transferring money into Wells Fargo from BOA and then paying the bill work or would that take too long?
Old May 15, 2015, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Nepasser
So is this card a lot less desirable if you don't have a Wells Fargo location near you?Absolutely...
It seems like they hold up the credit line for weeks if you pay with a non Wells Fargo checking and the mobile app will only let you deposit 5k a month in money orders.True, my experience
Would transferring money into Wells Fargo from BOA and then paying the bill work or would that take too long?Yes, BofA check -- deposit to -- WF checking(2 days) -- transfer to -- WF CC is instantaneous increase in available credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.