Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by xp0
go to rewards portal, Earn rewards -> my offers then click the "Promotional Offers - Usage" tab. The dates are in there.
Thanks,

Offer date is 12/13

Offer end date 6/20

Does it mean the offer is little over 6 months?
Old May 21, 2015, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by al613
Thank you! So, I see that according to #278 its possible.
Post #278 says that its possible only if you apply for the other type of 5% card. In Post #278, the OP said they first applied for the 5% Rewards for 6 months and then closed the card and then applied for the 5% Cash back and got the bonus. This is not the same thing that you are asking because a true confirmation would have been if the OP applied for the 5% Rewards for the 2nd time and still got the 5% rewards a 2nd time.

Nevertheless, since there are two 5% options (Rewards and Cash back) for the WFC card its still good to know that you can apply for the other 5% card and get the bonus.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Post #278 says that its possible only if you apply for the other type of 5% card. In Post #278, the OP said they first applied for the 5% Rewards for 6 months and then closed the card and then applied for the 5% Cash back and got the bonus. This is not the same thing that you are asking because a true confirmation would have been if the OP applied for the 5% Rewards for the 2nd time and still got the 5% rewards a 2nd time.

Nevertheless, since there are two 5% options (Rewards and Cash back) for the WFC card its still good to know that you can apply for the other 5% card and get the bonus.
What about the WF Home Rebate card? That would make 3 if you have a mortgage with WF, which I do. Between my wife and I that could be 3 years of 5% cash back if we can get the 5% promo period on all 3 cards.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:33 am

Thanks, that really helped! They buried it so deep!

Originally Posted by xp0
go to rewards portal, Earn rewards -> my offers then click the "Promotional Offers - Usage" tab. The dates are in there.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Has anyone had successful resolution on a WF card closure?

Do they issue any earned awards if your card is closed a week before your statement cuts? If not, has anyone beed successful in redeeming them?

Has anyone had a closed card reopened?
Old May 22, 2015, 10:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Has anyone had successful resolution on a WF card closure?

Do they issue any earned awards if your card is closed a week before your statement cuts? If not, has anyone beed successful in redeeming them?

Has anyone had a closed card reopened?
what did you do to warrant a closure? and No, they won't re-opened the cards, not sure about the rewards though.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:40 am

Nothing. No overpayments. Just high volume.

Official reason is that they closed the checking as a business decision and credit card is being closed as it's part of the relationship. I did drop some MO in checking.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:53 am

Official reason is that they closed the checking as a business decision and credit card is being closed as it's part of the relationship. I did drop some MO in checking.
Are u the 1st reporting this action on the thread? are u being vague 'business decision' and credit card 'relationship' or its their wording?

My CL increase was denied because of 'Derogatory credit bureau references' what does that mean? checked the CR, nada...next week applied Chase Ink - approved and bought Visa at OD 7 x $40/600 deal to meet the $3k spend
Old May 22, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA

can you go more into details? Like what kind of volume were you doing? 3x your credit limit, 4x your credit limit?
Old May 22, 2015, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
can you go more into details? Like what kind of volume were you doing? 3x your credit limit, 4x your credit limit?
Limit was 15k and I was doing 100k minimum. However their position is that all my relationships are closing due to the checking closing. The checking they will not provide a reason other than it was a business decision.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:03 pm
xp0

I had the same thing happen to me on Thursday. My checking was closed and my CCs are currently restricted due to issues with my checking. They will review my cards "within the next 10 days" and make a decision on keeping them open or not.

Did they close your CCs instantly or first restrict access, review them, then close them?

Last edited by xp0; May 22, 2015 at 5:17 pm
Old May 22, 2015, 5:03 pm

Limit was 15k and I was doing 100k minimum. However their position is that all my relationships are closing due to the checking closing. The checking they will not provide a reason other than it was a business decision.
Do you mind sharing how you were paying the CC? Pushing/Pulling? At branch? Via Checking account? Redcard/Serve/BB?
Old May 22, 2015, 5:05 pm
xp0

I will say 100k is not "high volume", even on WF.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:19 pm

Their weapon the BSA...hope nothing negative shows up on your chex.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:31 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by vagrants
Their weapon the BSA...hope nothing negative shows up on your chex.
They told me they dont report this since it was their decision to close it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.