Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
If you're seeing the 0 available CL, it means that WF is manually reviewing your payments (too many have landed, over CL, etc). They are then holding the payments for 3-7 business days. Reason you are seeing the CL drop to 0 is that when they hold the payments it doesn't release the CL, or it takes back CL that was previously available. When you start purchasing, it really throws accounting for what's going on into a big loop.
Interesting. I know they hold payments and I saw that the CL did not increase once the payments hit. But I was really confused when it just dropped for "no reason". So, it seems that when they flag an account for review all CL is reduced to zero until a human resets it?

I wonder what their parameters for review are? I have been doing 2K-5K payments every day or so.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by hokiegl
Interesting. I know they hold payments and I saw that the CL did not increase once the payments hit. But I was really confused when it just dropped for "no reason". So, it seems that when they flag an account for review all CL is reduced to zero until a human resets it?

I wonder what their parameters for review are? I have been doing 2K-5K payments every day or so.
It's probably the payments coming from multiple banks that triggered the review. I only pay the card with WF checking because I've never heard of anyone having a good experience otherwise.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
What are the differences between platinum and signature

thanks

Last edited by facehu; Jun 14, 2015 at 8:18 pm
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by facehu
What are the differences between platinum and signature

thanks
google is your friend
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
The platinum listed in wf website does not have 5%. I was talking about the 5% platinum vs signature. I could not find it.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Noticed that the WF card lists "Revolving Line Of Credit" which means that it isn't a hard credit limit like most cards so I'm wondering if people can share experiences (both good and bad) with exceeding the "Revolving Line of Credit" and whether charges get rejected or you get hit with lots of Fraud Alerts. I have a $7k CL so I'm not talking about doing like $5k over but maybe an extra $2k or $3k since my 5x period ends on 6/21 and I wanna max it out for all it is worth. Clearly using WF checking account as the exclusive payment method.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by ZapperO
Noticed that the WF card lists "Revolving Line Of Credit" which means that it isn't a hard credit limit like most cards so I'm wondering if people can share experiences (both good and bad) with exceeding the "Revolving Line of Credit" and whether charges get rejected or you get hit with lots of Fraud Alerts. I have a $7k CL so I'm not talking about doing like $5k over but maybe an extra $2k or $3k since my 5x period ends on 6/21 and I wanna max it out for all it is worth. Clearly using WF checking account as the exclusive payment method.
I couldn't go over my CL. If I did, the charges would be declined. The only way I could go 'over' is to make mulmultiple payments a month.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Drew777
It's probably the payments coming from multiple banks that triggered the review. I only pay the card with WF checking because I've never heard of anyone having a good experience otherwise.
So my credit line went to zero on Friday at 11 PM and tonight around 11 PM on Sunday, the available credit line went back up to 7K. I doubt there are people in the "manual review" department working on Sundays. This makes me doubt the whole manual review. Its gotta be something else.

Maybe there is some algorithm that says that if 4 or more payments are still pending, then as soon as a charge > X comes in, freeze the card until some of the payment clear? Just a guess. But I am starting to doubt that any humans are actually clearing any of this activity.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by hokiegl
So my credit line went to zero on Friday at 11 PM and tonight around 11 PM on Sunday, the available credit line went back up to 7K. I doubt there are people in the "manual review" department working on Sundays. This makes me doubt the whole manual review. Its gotta be something else.

Maybe there is some algorithm that says that if 4 or more payments are still pending, then as soon as a charge > X comes in, freeze the card until some of the payment clear? Just a guess. But I am starting to doubt that any humans are actually clearing any of this activity.
The CL can be updated multiple times a day. I only had problems starting in months 3-4. They persisted until the end for external payments. In my time zone, payments would land between 6 am to 2 noon. About a third of payments would release CL where the rest would not. After that, the CL could 0 out anywhere from 2 noon to 9 pm. So I would quickly buy for that day before any manual reviews would kill the CL.

Multiple payments likely have something to do with it. It's easier for us to MS 1 day on the weekend and knock out 15-20 payments.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:35 am

How many times can I safely recycle my credit limit per billing cycle? I use a WF checking to pay. I've been doing 5x per month but would like to do 10-15 before my promo ends.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by WileyPayote
How many times can I safely recycle my credit limit per billing cycle? I use a WF checking to pay. I've been doing 5x per month but would like to do 10-15 before my promo ends.
Wife and I cycled ours ~3x per week on average when we had ours last year. However, who knows what is 'safe' as some have been shut down for less and other have gotten away with more

Last edited by travelfreaks; Jun 21, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Old Jun 21, 2015, 1:52 pm

That's awesome.

Wish I could get payments through that quick. Have an 18k CL and trying to do ~50k/month, even that is pushing it with pushing and payments clearing the credit available.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:24 am

Made a payment with my RedBird (I know that I should have pushed money to my checking account first), but it didn't free up the credit limit. Today, a small transaction got denied and I was able to speak with a representative and get it removed. However, my credit limit is still not freed up - guess I will have to either it out. Hope it isn't more serious than this. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Yeshu JP; Jun 25, 2015 at 12:44 am
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by cb11
That's awesome.

Wish I could get payments through that quick. Have an 18k CL and trying to do ~50k/month, even that is pushing it with pushing and payments clearing the credit available.
Its easy...stop pushing 'payments' and start pushing/pulling $ into your WF checking acct. Then you pay cc from your WF checking acct your CL is restored immediately, as in the instant you make the payment
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Yeshu JP
Made a payment with my RedBird (I know that I should have pushed money to my checking account first), but it didn't free up the credit limit. Today, a small transaction got denied and I was able to speak with a representative and get it removed. However, my credit limit is still not freed up - guess I will have to either wait it out. Hope it isn't more serious than this. Any thoughts?
Sit, wait, and pray to Buddha...it will likely take awhile. Hopefully you learned your lesson though and will now pay from your WF checking every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.