Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
Sit, wait, and pray to Buddha...it will likely take awhile. Hopefully you learned your lesson though and will now pay from your WF checking every time.
I surely have. I have now pushed enough money to my WF checking and next time onwards, will only pay from my WF checking.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:55 pm

can you add an authorized user to this card? If so will the authorized user's charges at pharmacy also be getting the 5% rewards? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by acefspadez
can you add an authorized user to this card? If so will the authorized user's charges at pharmacy also be getting the 5% rewards? Thanks in advance.
Yes, Yes
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:08 pm

Will WF allow you to add an AU without having to submit their SSN? I'm thinking there would be fewer fraud alerts by having say 3 "people" shop 3 different stores rather than one card hopping from store to store to store in the same day.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by airstairfear
Will WF allow you to add an AU without having to submit their SSN? I'm thinking there would be fewer fraud alerts by having say 3 "people" shop 3 different stores rather than one card hopping from store to store to store in the same day.
If I remember correctly I do not believe I had to provide my wife's SSN to add her as an AU. I could be mistaken though.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Drew777
If I remember correctly I do not believe I had to provide my wife's SSN to add her as an AU. I could be mistaken though.
You are right. I just added an AU without SSN, the card was issued and sent to us within 1 week.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:56 am

For some reason since yesterday my WF checking doesn't show up as an option to pull funds to or to pay my WF cc. There is a message at the top that says some accounts are unavailable, when I click on it a popup tells me to call. Anyone had this happen before? I have pending ATM MO deposits, maybe that is why?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:07 am

For some reason since yesterday my WF checking doesn't show up as an option to pull funds to or to pay my WF cc. There is a message at the top that says some accounts are unavailable, when I click on it a popup tells me to call. Anyone had this happen before? I have pending ATM MO deposits, maybe that is why?
Fairly common. Your cc has had a block put on it. You will have to talk to some one to get it removed
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:32 am

Fairly common. Your cc has had a block put on it. You will have to talk to some one to get it removed
Thanks. I tried calling the automated number and verifying the last five transactions, but it didn't remove the hold. Called the number they gave me, which was the fraud department, but they said they couldn't release any information on my account. They gave me another number to call on Monday because that department is closed until then.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:55 am

This also happens when WF is in process of shutting down your checking account and entire relationship (CC usually soon to follow). Hope it's not the case for you - good luck.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:46 pm
xp0

"pending ATM MO deposits" .... doesnt anyone read?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by xp0
"pending ATM MO deposits" .... doesnt anyone read?
Yes, I've read of plenty of people doing far more volume than me. I mostly push and pull from other accounts, just did a few ATM deposits
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:05 pm

Yes, I've read of plenty of people doing far more volume than me. I mostly push and pull from other accounts, just did a few ATM deposits
Even 1 MO at a bank you have a cc relationship with is not smart people...DNPWYE, or you may end up with ecoli
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:02 pm

Even 1 MO at a bank you have a cc relationship with is not smart people...DNPWYE, or you may end up with ecoli
Well, I know some people have made it the entire 6 months depositing large quantities of MO exclusively at WF. So it's obviously YMMV.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:02 am

Well, I know some people have made it the entire 6 months depositing large quantities of MO exclusively at WF. So it's obviously YMMV.
Very YMMV. I personally know three other persons depositing MOs (5~10k monthly) into their checking accounts and they went through the promotion period without any problem.

Though I can understand that it just takes one curious person to get a pair of eyeballs on your account, and too many MOs into a new account can be a red flag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.