Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
I have found two ways that help.

1. Call in advance and let them know of your purchase plans for the day. Problem with this is that the system does not always capture multiple planned purchases.... or the banker rep does not put in the request correctly.

2. Call Wells Fargo Fraud Department at some point.... and confirm current purchases... once they do that, it resets your card for the next several purchases.
What I did the last time was when I talked to the CSR about a planned purchase, I told them to note that for example $4K may be split into 2 transactions and the CSR agreed to note that.

I even asked them if the system flags for multiple transactions and they said that the system just looks for the total of the transactions. So for the example of $4K, if you did a $1.5K transaction and then a $2.5K transaction it will be OK since the total still adds to $4K.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: SQ, DL, Marriott, UR
How are you, folks, able to cycle the credit line?
Mine is 17K, I paid a thousand dollars before the statement closed and attempted to buy 1000 dollars worth of VGC at CVS. Swiped the card and got "Another payment method needed" message.
Also, does anybody know what are the daily/monthly limits for transfers/bill payments from outside of WF?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Barrios
How are you, folks, able to cycle the credit line?
Mine is 17K, I paid a thousand dollars before the statement closed and attempted to buy 1000 dollars worth of VGC at CVS. Swiped the card and got "Another payment method needed" message.
Also, does anybody know what are the daily/monthly limits for transfers/bill payments from outside of WF?
If you pay directly from your WF checking account, your get your available credit back instantly. Paying from any accounts outside of WF checking seems to take better than a week to credit. Just my experience, and what I have read from others on here.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:35 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
That is exactly right....

I usually log into my account when I wake up each morning.... and pay off the posted balance.... clears up funds to be utilized that day.

I do find, however, that it sometimes takes a few days for temporary transactions to move to posted transactions. That can be a pain at times.

Originally Posted by saw2645
If you pay directly from your WF checking account, your get your available credit back instantly. Paying from any accounts outside of WF checking seems to take better than a week to credit. Just my experience, and what I have read from others on here.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:13 am

I usually log into my account when I wake up each morning.... and pay off the posted balance.... clears up funds to be utilized that day.

I do find, however, that it sometimes takes a few days for temporary transactions to move to posted transactions. That can be a pain at times.
In my experience, once I initiate a payment from within WF (WF checking to credit card), within hours (less than 24 hrs) it makes that credit available, but not instantly. Yes it does take a couple of days to post the charges and reflect the balances but not sure why that would matter, since the rewards are only updates once a month.

For convenience I've downloaded the WF app on my phone and do the billpay from there.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by saw2645
Same here. Payments from outside sources credit to balance within a couple of days, but the credit limit does not free up until payment fully "clears," which takes about five business days (in my experience).
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:25 pm

Yes it is annoying to not see your CC balance get deducted immediately on your account but as long as the credit available is free, you should be good to go for charging. I had this happen to me and I did a large transaction while the payment was set to Pending status (takes about 1 business day to post on account) and it went through just fine.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by barschools
Please let us know how long it takes to free up your credit line on the WF card using Walmart bill pay. Thanks
Did a WM Bill pay and it took a week for my available credit to come back after the payment posted. I know that paying from the checking account is best, but my issue is liquidation. Doing a lot of MOs seem to attract unwanted attention and they get really pushy and a bit nosy at the branch when I make a deposit. Guy blurts out my CC balance and tries to convince me to get a personal loan through them... it's annoying.

I only have an 8K limit so freeing up the credit limit is important to me but I don't know how to completely liquidate with my methods (RB, serve, t-mobile) I know I can do atm withdrawals but that only gets me less than half of the balance I'm loading to the cards. I just need a better liquidation method to deposit into the checking account directly
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by takinacut
I only have an 8K limit so freeing up the credit limit is important to me but I don't know how to completely liquidate with my methods (RB, serve, t-mobile) I know I can do atm withdrawals but that only gets me less than half of the balance I'm loading to the cards. I just need a better liquidation method to deposit into the checking account directly
Deposit your MO at another bank/checking and transf the money beforehand, via online transfers (ACH) which you can do from the other bank and push it to the WF acct. Most all major banks (and some non-major ones) let you do that without a fee.

I do this not with MO but with checks I mail from Redbird nr 2 and 3 (with other people's name) to myself. Some of the checks I deposit to WF, others to the other bank, so I don't draw attention to my WF acct. I can afford to float the money though, so I transf it to WF beforehand and then use it to billpay the credit card, without having to time it precisely.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: SQ, DL, Marriott, UR
I submitted a payment from outside through ACH (btw, $5k limit per such transaction sucks!) on 09/22. It was pending for a while (couple of days maybe). Now (09/28) it is posted but not reflected in available credit. In other words, Outstanding Balance+Available Revolving Line of Credit+Temporary Authorizations<<Revolving Line of Credit.
Should I call them (and draw attention) after almost a week or let it go for some more time?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Generally, how long does it take for a ACH push from Bank X to WF checking for the funds to be available to pay the CC from your WF checking?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:21 am
Suspended

With the revamped rewards site, can anyone find the end date of your promotion period?

Yes, I know there's a countdown - I'm looking for someplace listing the date (as it used to)
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
Generally, how long does it take for a ACH push from Bank X to WF checking for the funds to be available to pay the CC from your WF checking?
It varies by bank, but generally, I see it in 3 business days.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
It varies by bank, but generally, I see it in 3 business days.
This is what I was going to say also, from memory, that is haven't looked at dates precisely but it seems its about 3 business days.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:27 am

Talking

Originally Posted by Stoughton
With the revamped rewards site, can anyone find the end date of your promotion period?

Yes, I know there's a countdown - I'm looking for someplace listing the date (as it used to)
If you click on the Account Activity button its right there in a big purple circle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.