Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, United Gold
It seems that you've made a $2,000.62 payment from non-Wellsfargo checking out. It updates the outstanding balance instantly but hits the available credit with 15 day delay (Wellsfargo is known to delay payment processing from 3rd party checking accounts. It's their way of encouraging credit card customers to open checking accounts with Wellsfargo. Very annoying practice. The way around it is to pay your balance with cash at the local the branch).

Originally Posted by prasha11
A question to someone with accounting expertise...

Credit line: 10,000.00
Outstanding balance:7833.38
Available credit: 166.00
Temporary Authorizations: 0.00

What is missing to balance the account?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, United Gold
Are you sure about this??? if true, it would make it a big deal for me since I spend and redeem a lot between my Welsfargo Visa and Amex cards.
Originally Posted by prasha11
If your account is 'unavailable' and call 1-800 Do they ask you what have u been buying at the grocery store? how do you respond?

Last edited by DINYC; Mar 13, 2015 at 6:01 pm
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by DINYC
It seems that you've made a $2,000.62 payment from non-Wellsfargo checking out. It updates the outstanding balance instantly but hits the available credit with 15 day delay (Wellsfargo is known to delay payment processing from 3rd party checking accounts. It's their way of encouraging credit card customers to open checking accounts with Wellsfargo. Very annoying practice. The way around it is to pay your balance with cash at the local the branch).
I have the checking account, the payment of 1999.99 was bill pay from somone's BB. So annoying..... if its true about their strategy and can be categorized as 'clubbing'.... it is illegal! who has the b***s to enforce on a bankster?

Originally Posted by DINYC
Are you sure about this??? if true, it would make it a big deal for me since I spend and redeem a lot between my Welsfargo Visa and Amex cards.
don't know! it was my question.....
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:53 am

Did anyone else get a new T&C letter.. one section is specifically related to "some rewards can be taxable" etc.. did you get it?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:27 pm

Got the new T&C end of last year, no 1099 for me this year, I'm in CA.

Originally Posted by pricelessprice
Did anyone else get a new T&C letter.. one section is specifically related to "some rewards can be taxable" etc.. did you get it?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
wrong
To clarify, if the secondary user has a WF CC the primary will not receive bonus points. WF rewards told the primary, that the secondary user has to shut his card in order to receive the rewards.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by donman030
To clarify, if the secondary user has a WF CC the primary will not receive bonus points. WF rewards told the primary, that the secondary user has to shut his card in order to receive the rewards.
Your wrong man. Unless your idea of secondary is something other than an authorized user. Every individual can get the bonus it doesn't matter what the authorized user has done.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:39 pm

Your wrong man. Unless your idea of secondary is something other than an authorized user. Every individual can get the bonus it doesn't matter what the authorized user has done.
A secondary (SU) and an AU are different. SU has more power: the account will show up on the SU online account and they can verify fraud issues. The only real difference between a PU and a SU is that the SU has no access/rights to the points. AU's can basically just spend on the card.

I became a SU instead of an AU because it allows me to use online banking thereby I can transfer money to the cc thereby restoring the credit limit immediately. Rather than an AU which has to use bill pay which will take a business day to restore credit.

I am associated with three WF cards one is my own, the second I am an AU and the third I am a SU. All three are within the 6 month bonus period. I have around 500k + in bonus points that are currently being held back from the primary because I am the SU and have a WF cc. The case is still open. I have recently become the AU on a credit card and am hoping it won't mess affect the PU rewards.

If you have a different experience I would love to hear about it.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by donman030
A secondary (SU) and an AU are different. SU has more power: the account will show up on the SU online account and they can verify fraud issues. The only real difference between a PU and a SU is that the SU has no access/rights to the points. AU's can basically just spend on the card.

I became a SU instead of an AU because it allows me to use online banking thereby I can transfer money to the cc thereby restoring the credit limit immediately. Rather than an AU which has to use bill pay which will take a business day to restore credit.

I am associated with three WF cards one is my own, the second I am an AU and the third I am a SU. All three are within the 6 month bonus period. I have around 500k + in bonus points that are currently being held back from the primary because I am the SU and have a WF cc. The case is still open. I have recently become the AU on a credit card and am hoping it won't mess affect the PU rewards.

If you have a different experience I would love to hear about it.
I haven't heard of secondary user. I got a joint checking on top of my own and was an au on that persons account. I transferred money orders from my checking to the joint checking and paid that way. Never had a single problem
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:21 pm

I haven't heard of secondary user. I got a joint checking on top of my own and was an au on that persons account. I transferred money orders from my checking to the joint checking and paid that way. Never had a single problem
I think I am going to do that as well for my AU situation. Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
What is the quickest way people have found to clear this line of credit for additional charges?

push/pull payments
push/pull transfers to checking
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
What is the quickest way people have found to clear this line of credit for additional charges?

push/pull payments
push/pull transfers to checking
Fastest is going to be pay from WF checking.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Fastest is going to be pay from WF checking.
What is the quickest means of getting money in there?

I've pulled in money but it's 3 business day with 2k max per day and 6k max per month currently. Any idea when those limits are increased or do I have to call.

My best option so far is pushing money to checking. I have one bank that does it overnight at no cost and then paying from checking. The only problem is the kind of volume I want to do I'd rather not go through a single bank. I have multiple banks to sprinkle it around a bit.

I began experimenting with payments from external accounts but even small payments ($500) they're pending and the line is not released.

I really wish CheckFree billpay worked. Lots of WalMarts made that easy on my last big MS target.

My goal is to at minimum cycle my credit line twice per week. I've dedicated a float equal to my credit line to help this along.

PMs are welcome.

PS
My nearest WF branch is an hours drive though I am considering this.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
What is the quickest means of getting money in there?

I've pulled in money but it's 3 business day with 2k max per day and 6k max per month currently. Any idea when those limits are increased or do I have to call.

My best option so far is pushing money to checking. I have one bank that does it overnight at no cost and then paying from checking. The only problem is the kind of volume I want to do I'd rather not go through a single bank. I have multiple banks to sprinkle it around a bit.

I began experimenting with payments from external accounts but even small payments ($500) they're pending and the line is not released.

I really wish CheckFree billpay worked. Lots of WalMarts made that easy on my last big MS target.

My goal is to at minimum cycle my credit line twice per week. I've dedicated a float equal to my credit line to help this along.

PMs are welcome.

PS
My nearest WF branch is an hours drive though I am considering this.
Unfortunately you've discovered some of the limits of the WF card. BTW did you get a plat or a signature card?

Quickest way in is going to be deposits. The pull in 6K per month does not increase. Mobile deposit increases to 5K a month after 3 months (I believe). And you can always push money in, unlimited. Now, if this is a newer account, such actions can be disconcerting to someone viewing the account, so there is added risk to moving volume fast. I do know people who were shut down because of the banking side of the relationship.

The external payments thing is well-known now, but unfortunate. Given your constraints, 2X CL would be very tough, but possible. It would depend on the size of your CL, but I'm budgeting that you would need multiples of your CL for float.

Plan a getaway, I did CVG -> DFW for a stay. Last month or so did 9K in MOs each day per getaway to fund the account. Cheap, 4500 Avios 1 way.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Unfortunately you've discovered some of the limits of the WF card. BTW did you get a plat or a signature card?

Quickest way in is going to be deposits. The pull in 6K per month does not increase. Mobile deposit increases to 5K a month after 3 months (I believe). And you can always push money in, unlimited. Now, if this is a newer account, such actions can be disconcerting to someone viewing the account, so there is added risk to moving volume fast. I do know people who were shut down because of the banking side of the relationship.

The external payments thing is well-known now, but unfortunate. Given your constraints, 2X CL would be very tough, but possible. It would depend on the size of your CL, but I'm budgeting that you would need multiples of your CL for float.

Plan a getaway, I did CVG -> DFW for a stay. Last month or so did 9K in MOs each day per getaway to fund the account. Cheap, 4500 Avios 1 way.
Sam_goh it's a signature with a 10k line. I may attempt a line increase too.

The getaway is an idea but there is a branch in Indiana about 45 min from me. I thought about running out there on the weekends and doing a night deposit. That's not a bad drive if it's sunny out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.