Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau
Are you getting the miles for Evolve with your ST DL debit ?
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Yes
It seems that some people are and some are not
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:23 pm

evolve n00b alert -
first time user of evolve... If I use a $500 Rlit to test pay $10 loan (to see if goes through fine) would the remaining $490 be added to my evolve balance ?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by coolblues
evolve n00b alert -
first time user of evolve... If I use a $500 Rlit to test pay $10 loan (to see if goes through fine) would the remaining $490 be added to my evolve balance ?
Yes
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Yes
awesome...thank you for the prompt response.

^^^
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by nuclfusion
Duke Energy posts each payment individually. Not a bad way to cash out small Staples rebate cards.

Just don't screw up like I did and do a back to back (well subsequent payment to same utility within about 15 minutes) so that the transaction aborts.

The stupid hold on those Staples cards is a FULL 30 days... Still waiting since Feb 12th for my $15 to be available again.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:54 pm
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Evolve finally added my mortgage! New York Community Bank mortgage (mynycb.com) for those interested. When adding payee, it asked me to choose payment address. I found an address that matched, but the name was different (Amtrust instead of NYCB), but I believe it should be fine. I just made a $25 test payment. I'll post here in a few days once it posts to my account.

FYI -- NYCB helpfully has this info from their FAQ:
What happens if I mail a short payment?
The payment must be equal to or greater than the payment due or it will not be posted to your account. It will go to a suspense account and will not advance the due date until additional funds to total a full payment are received. If the difference due is not received before the end of your grace period, late fees may be charged.

How is my monthly payment applied if I send in extra principal?
Before payments can be applied to principal, you must bring your account current by paying off any outstanding fees and late charges. Extra payments will then be applied to outstanding principal.
Now if only they would add PenFed (penfed.org) and UFCU (ufcu.org) auto loans....
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:10 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 29, 2014 at 11:46 pm
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MsArbi
That is strange. The only missing SM's for me over 2 statements are Evolve charges. Can anyone other than ma91pmh confirm accumulation?
March 4 the SM I expected posted.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:15 am

They added my autoloan.

These guys are awesome.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by thehawk75
The stupid hold on those Staples cards is a FULL 30 days... Still waiting since Feb 12th for my $15 to be available again.
Is this the same for all cards? I did 4.5 minutes on one by accident on a Staples $100 VGC.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Is this the same for all cards? I did 4.5 minutes on one by accident on a Staples $100 VGC.
$100 vgc? isnt that a loss proposition? how do you offset fee?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:07 am

I've got a few larger bills set up but don't think its worth the hassle of setting up a bunch of smaller bills (water, garbage, charitable donations) that I would have to take off automatic payments and then start entering them monthly. The 2 bigger bills are almost $1000 a month total. But these smaller ones I found would be less than $100 a month. Seems like a lot of effort for only a few points.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by trippinbilly
I've got a few larger bills set up but don't think its worth the hassle of setting up a bunch of smaller bills (water, garbage, charitable donations) that I would have to take off automatic payments and then start entering them monthly. The 2 bigger bills are almost $1000 a month total. But these smaller ones I found would be less than $100 a month. Seems like a lot of effort for only a few points.
Yeah, it takes tons of effort to buy a card and enter it online to pay a bill.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by michael_v
Any experience with BOA mortage?
Yes, i'm paying mine off. Use Countrywide listing that they have.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Yes, i'm paying mine off. Use Countrywide listing that they have.
How do they deal with partial payments, any experience there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.