Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNL2017
What is BMW FS?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess BMW (the car brand) Financial Services.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess BMW (the car brand) Financial Services.
Shh That was a super secret acronym, That was way out on the Limb.

Going to have to agree with you on the Financial Services.

BMW: Bayerische Motoren Werke (German: Bavarian Motor Works; German auto manufacturer)
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Platinum
Question

Thanks for the acronym help (on BMW FS).

As a separate question about Evolve, how/where are you able to purchase $500 gift cards online? I tried going to ShopAtHome to Staples.com but was only able to find cards for $200. (On top of that there was a fee of $6.95 per card and then what looked like separate purchase fee for $5.95.)

My goal is to buy the gift cards online from a merchant that qualifies as an office supply store for Chase Ink Bold (x5 miles) purchases.

Any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Just easy on the acronyms though please. :-)
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:42 pm

...I tried going to ShopAtHome to Staples.com but was only able to find cards for $200...
Can you share how you find out the $200 VGC at Staples.com?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus
Can you share how you find out the $200 VGC at Staples.com?
Last I checked, they only sold $100. Link?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Platinum
Oops, you're right. It was only for $100.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:37 pm

Oops, you're right. It was only for $100.
Lol you got everyone excited for nothing

Anyway just updating. Paid WF mortgage today w multiple accounts and GCs. Crossing fingers that WF sees it as monthly payment and not principal. Will report back when payments post!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by picards007
Similar situation with my Chase mortgage - trying the same thing this weekend with two accounts over two days. Will report back.
Update: submitted payments through 3 accounts on 3/25 to Chase and all posted correctly today as a full monthly payment. Each payment was placed in "unapplied funds" until the last payment arrived, and then they were all moved to apply to the payment.

In case it wasn't mentioned before, I did a small test payment and found the 6-minute stagger time applies across all Evolve accounts to a single payee account number. Needless to say, it took awhile to pay my mortgage...
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by picards007
Update: submitted payments through 3 accounts on 3/25 to Chase and all posted correctly today as a full monthly payment. Each payment was placed in "unapplied funds" until the last payment arrived, and then they were all moved to apply to the payment.

In case it wasn't mentioned before, I did a small test payment and found the 6-minute stagger time applies across all Evolve accounts to a single payee account number. Needless to say, it took awhile to pay my mortgage...
Yea the 6 min wait is the most annoying thing about paying the mortgage this way. It is definitely worth it for the points though

PSA to those that haven't read the whole thread: Remember to keep all the GC's until the payment clears. If something goes wrong, they will refund it to the GC and NOT your account.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Made a test payment to US Bank mortgage on Monday for $1. It posted successfully but didn't decrease anything from my overall balance. I assume that they are holding this to add to my full payment esp since it's so close to the first. Well that's fine with me. I just wanted to test that my acct was setup correctly.

Also does anyone use "Association Services"? I was actually surprised when after submitting my HOA information to be added, they came back and told me to use this generic name. I guess there is this big bank that a lot of different HOAs share...?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cornellfOo
Yea the 6 min wait is the most annoying thing about paying the mortgage this way. It is definitely worth it for the points though

PSA to those that haven't read the whole thread: Remember to keep all the GC's until the payment clears. If something goes wrong, they will refund it to the GC and NOT your account.
Why is there no wiki for this thread yet? Both of those would seem like good info to have in there.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

As a separate question about Evolve, how/where are you able to purchase $500 gift cards online? ...
My goal is to buy the gift cards online from a merchant that qualifies as an office supply store for Chase Ink Bold (x5 miles) purchases.

Any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Just easy on the acronyms though please. :-)
I think everyone goal here is to find 500 GC at X5 UR Chase points. if anyone does find out I bet they keep it their little secret. if it is shared it will go the way of vr's at office depot or vgcs at office depot
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:51 am

Thanks for the acronym help (on BMW FS).

As a separate question about Evolve, how/where are you able to purchase $500 gift cards online? I tried going to ShopAtHome to Staples.com but was only able to find cards for $200. (On top of that there was a fee of $6.95 per card and then what looked like separate purchase fee for $5.95.)
Not sure if this is what the person did, but there are online stores that sell Visa GCs up to $500. There are fees ($3.95-$4.95) though and shipping that kill a lot of deals. Yet sometimes there are ways to get money or ways to cash out Amex GCs. For instance, you use to be able to get 2% cb for purchasing from these cards from a certain website. This is in addition to whatever your 1+% credit card gets. The portal cb would offset the fees plus make you bonus cash. I did this a couple of times for my CC that didn't get bonus categories at grocery and couldn't be used to buy Amex GCs. I think I made about $100 for a quick $5000 purchase.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Valid, but unfortunately misleading for the Evolve thread as AmexGC can't be used for this.

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Not sure if this is what the person did, but there are online stores that sell Visa GCs up to $500. There are fees ($3.95-$4.95) though and shipping that kill a lot of deals. Yet sometimes there are ways to get money or ways to cash out Amex GCs. For instance, you use to be able to get 2% cb for purchasing from these cards from a certain website. This is in addition to whatever your 1+% credit card gets. The portal cb would offset the fees plus make you bonus cash. I did this a couple of times for my CC that didn't get bonus categories at grocery and couldn't be used to buy Amex GCs. I think I made about $100 for a quick $5000 purchase.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by happy9zz
It is not an actual charge, but why I see 0$ in my gift card. Do you know why? Will I lose the money?
Sorry to see it late; I am sure that you've got the balance back already. You will not lose money.

When there is an authorization, it stays there and deducts from your available credit, thus it shows zero. For real charges, it will show as a real deduction eventually. If it is just an authorization without realization (in your case), the authorization disappears and balance will come back. It operates just like a credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.