Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by michael_v
How do they deal with partial payments, any experience there?
Anything >= payment goes as regular payment. Anything < is principal only.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Yeah, it takes tons of effort to buy a card and enter it online to pay a bill.
I bet you have a lot of friends.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by trippinbilly
I bet you have a lot of friends.
You come here and say it is too much work, just don't post about it then.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
You come here and say it is too much work, just don't post about it then.
Well I mentioned it because I was curious whether other people pay smaller bills ($20-$40). I used the word hassle, because contacting the water company and garbage company, taking the payments off auto pay, then having to watch for the bill to know how much I need to pay seems like a negligible return on my time. The bill that is almost $500 is easy. 1 GC and I'm done.
Have a great day.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Is this the same for all cards? I did 4.5 minutes on one by accident on a Staples $100 VGC.
No... it wouldn't be.

I was referring to those rebate cards. Many of us would have those $15 Staples ones... on the back issued by JPM Chase.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:02 pm

Or just overpay it with $500..

Originally Posted by trippinbilly
Well I mentioned it because I was curious whether other people pay smaller bills ($20-$40). I used the word hassle, because contacting the water company and garbage company, taking the payments off auto pay, then having to watch for the bill to know how much I need to pay seems like a negligible return on my time. The bill that is almost $500 is easy. 1 GC and I'm done.
Have a great day.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Anything >= payment goes as regular payment. Anything < is principal only.
How about two partial payments sent on the same day, do they get combined in one montly payment?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
How about two partial payments sent on the same day, do they get combined in one montly payment?
I believe so. So just don't do >= your payment amount and everything will be principal only. I applied some $950 ReloadIts and had to call to have them correct them. Part was going to payment and the remainder to principal on each. All of the giftcards I have paid with so far in one day have been less total than my payment amount and that has kept them from being summed together and turned into a payment.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:27 pm

Yes, all payments from the same day, or better over the weekend, are combined into one monthly payment, at least for me.

Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
After reading this topic, I love EVOLVE so much . I wish I have a house . I am using EVOLVE to pay my utility bill, my student loan, and my auto loan. LOVE EVOLVE You are changing the world^. You are much much better than Chargemart. You are the best of the best

Last edited by happy9zz; Mar 14, 2014 at 2:15 pm
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:38 pm

+1.

Originally Posted by happy9zz
After reading this topic, I love EVOLVE so much . I wish I have a house . I am using EVOLVE to pay my utility bill, my student loan, and my auto loan. LOVE EVOLVE You are changing the world^. You are much much better than Chargemart. You are the best of the best
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:49 pm

My utility bill was half the norm this month. I was thrilled until I realized it's due to the small rebate VISAs I was sending through EVOLVE last month, hah
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:30 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
+2.... about $2k of payments going through Evolve...fee free.^
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:17 am

Hoping that some Evolve/Wells Fargo experts can help me out. I have a mortgage payment >$1000 and have been doing some small tests to figure out how to get all of the money from several different transactions combined into one payment.

Test #1:
On a Saturday, I sent $1 and $2 payments hoping they would be combined into a single $3 payment. On the next Sunday, I sent a $3 payment hoping that would also get combined with the others making a single $6 payment. None of this worked. Each payment was posted separately as $1, $2, and $3 respectively.

Test #2:
Hoping that the key was to have the payments arrive on a weekend, I tried the same experiment as above, except moving the dates to Thursday and Friday (so the payments were all scheduled to arrive on the following Monday). None of that worked either, as all of the payments posted separately.

Now I am obviously not worried about the $12, but I am confused as to what I am doing wrong. I don't want to make a >$1000 mistake. Is it just an issue that the payments do not make up the full amount or am I missing a key ingredient to success here?

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can offer!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:45 am
jyx

Originally Posted by scocjo
Hoping that some Evolve/Wells Fargo experts can help me out. I have a mortgage payment >$1000 and have been doing some small tests to figure out how to get all of the money from several different transactions combined into one payment.

Test #1:
On a Saturday, I sent $1 and $2 payments hoping they would be combined into a single $3 payment. On the next Sunday, I sent a $3 payment hoping that would also get combined with the others making a single $6 payment. None of this worked. Each payment was posted separately as $1, $2, and $3 respectively.

Test #2:
Hoping that the key was to have the payments arrive on a weekend, I tried the same experiment as above, except moving the dates to Thursday and Friday (so the payments were all scheduled to arrive on the following Monday). None of that worked either, as all of the payments posted separately.

Now I am obviously not worried about the $12, but I am confused as to what I am doing wrong. I don't want to make a >$1000 mistake. Is it just an issue that the payments do not make up the full amount or am I missing a key ingredient to success here?

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can offer!
From my experiences with WF mortgage, it appears that you need to make the full payment at once or in installments before they apply the funds. In other words, you may see your payments applied to your account once the total amount is greater than the monthly payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.