Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:03 pm

used a verizon promo card for getting fios, couldn't unload to gobank
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:32 pm

Anyone else having trouble viewing their payment history and printing receipts? I made some payments from a different computer where I didn't have a printer. Now, at home, I want to print my receipts for my meticulous record-keeping, but when I go to history there is nothing, even for older payments already processed.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:22 pm

Hm, nevermind. Waited 10 minutes, signed back in, and the history suddenly started working.

Originally Posted by mikeyb45
Anyone else having trouble viewing their payment history and printing receipts? I made some payments from a different computer where I didn't have a printer. Now, at home, I want to print my receipts for my meticulous record-keeping, but when I go to history there is nothing, even for older payments already processed.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Does anyone use PayPal Business Debit card on Evolve Money?

All of my utility company's are now listed on the site. I have no reason to let them all ACH from my checking account. Only thing I don't like is that I have to long onto and pay. There isn't an auto pay function is there?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:38 am

I can't get them to add my state's 529 plan even though I sent them a billing statement.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:49 am
jyx

Originally Posted by Fuerza
Does anyone use PayPal Business Debit card on Evolve Money?

All of my utility company's are now listed on the site. I have no reason to let them all ACH from my checking account. Only thing I don't like is that I have to long onto and pay. There isn't an auto pay function is there?
I have been paying with my PP MC card with no issue so far. Yes, I cannot find out how to set up automatic monthly pay.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Volkswagen Credit!

These people roks!

I couldn't find Audi financial to pay my car loan....submitted a feedback to them and they asked for a scanned copy of my bill....few days later, it was added...should work for Audi,VW car loans...

Thank you Evolve....I'am using their service for about $2k of payments to different billers....which free up BB for the heavy stuff...and of course an excellent liquidation method for those lower denominations gift cards...^
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by IntegraR0064
FYI guys be really careful submitting large payments for the first time. I sent a payment to "Superior Oil", which apparently is not the same as my Superior Oil. It was a large one, $950 over two VGCs. Their customer service has actually been great so far in terms of figuring out the issue and it seems like everything will be OK but they told me 4 weeks to get my money back in addition to the couple weeks it took to figure this out. I'm still trying to get them to give me the money as a check since I don't have the prepaids anymore and they want to refund the charges to the cards. We'll see what happens.

Also I lost my early payment discount since there was one with this, so be wary if you're using a biller the first time and timing is important.

Really wish they gave an address or more info in general than just the name of the biller.
Well I posted this back on page 28. It's not looking good. I tossed these spent gift cards in the trash like a moron and now they got back to me saying a) now it's apparently 8-9 weeks to get the money back instead of the 4 they said before and b) the only way I can get the money back is by putting it back on the gift cards.

The gift cards are in a landfill somewhere. I don't have a record of their card #'s.

So I just lost $950 because I put way too much trust in them to make the payment correctly.

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE CARDS.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sfmom
Paid our car loan at BMW Financial using Visa GCs - called BMW and seemed to work fine.

Now I'm toying with trying our mortgage, which is with US Bank. I called US Bank and they said they hold partial payments until the correct sum is reached, at which point it goes off to pay our regular bill (not prepay principal). CSR did warn me not to prepay to soon after paying off a bill, as that might get credited to principal. Anyone tried with this bank?
Originally Posted by particlemn
i have done 2 payment to us bank mortgage both 100 one on the 11th of the month and the other on the 19th both went to principle payment, this is fine with us as we pay extra to principle each month
Have you tested paying them within a day of each other and seeing if it posts as a normal payment?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:03 pm

Well I posted this back on page 28. It's not looking good. I tossed these spent gift cards in the trash like a moron and now they got back to me saying a) now it's apparently 8-9 weeks to get the money back instead of the 4 they said before and b) the only way I can get the money back is by putting it back on the gift cards.

The gift cards are in a landfill somewhere. I don't have a record of their card #'s.

So I just lost $950 because I put way too much trust in them to make the payment correctly.

Do you have the receipt from the purchase? Or can you maybe go back to the store where you bought them and get a duplicate receipt? Or get the card #s from Evolve? If so then maybe you can call the issuer and report them lost & get replacements. Might be a bit weird dealing with the issuer since they've been used, but for $950 I'd sure give it a shot.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:43 pm

I would keep escalating with evolve until you find someone who is willing to cut you a check for the full amount as a refund.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Wonko
Do you have the receipt from the purchase? Or can you maybe go back to the store where you bought them and get a duplicate receipt? Or get the card #s from Evolve? If so then maybe you can call the issuer and report them lost & get replacements. Might be a bit weird dealing with the issuer since they've been used, but for $950 I'd sure give it a shot.
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately don't have the receipt or cards for these particular gift cards. It's crazy because I've bought a ton of gift cards used for various purposes and I have 99% of the cards and receipts but these were during a few days where I was like "man keeping all this stuff is useless, I never need it, I'm gonna simplify my life and stop spending all this time and space on record keeping". A few days later I realized that's dumb and went back to keeping stuff, and of course as life would have it these cards during those couple days are the ones I need.

Originally Posted by rsrvoir
I would keep escalating with evolve until you find someone who is willing to cut you a check for the full amount as a refund.
Thanks, that's what I'm trying to do. Sent them another email, going to call tomorrow if I don't hear back. I basically proposed whether they can either a) stop the refund and somehow send me a check or b) load the card info into my evolve account somehow so I can use it on a future payment, or grab the card# info somehow. And I'd be happy to pay any swipe fees or whatever on the payment if they send me a check, they'll be chump change compared to the $950.

At first their customer service seemed awesome but now it's devolved into being on hold for a really long time when I try to call and when I try to email getting dumb responses about how I need to call the card issuer with my card number when I just told them the problem is that I don't have the card number. Also a month ago when I first talked to them I told them I don't have the cards anymore and I need a check, and if sending a check wouldn't be possible to please call me ASAP. Of course they didn't do that so I assumed everything was going fine...really hope this month span doesn't make it impossible for them to recover the funds.

Will update with what happens.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:55 pm

I've now paid both our BMW and PG&E bill, and am now gearing up for US Bank. The CR said as long as they're close together on days I should be fine. I'm going to do it in the next bill cycle, but will definitely keep my cards and report back afterwards.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:09 pm

US bank being a mortgage or the club Carlson card?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by rsrvoir
GCs are really risky in this aspect. People think that they get full protection as credit cards. But they do not safeguard them as credit cards. I always record the GCs systematically once I buy them. And I always keep all the purchase receipts.

My suggested approach: (1) Go up the Evolve management chain, (2) Track it down the route to that wrong payee, (3) Issue complaints to CFPB. Be polite but persistent. It is your money and you deserve to get it back.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.