Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:32 am
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
It is just my luck I guess... none of my billers are available. If anyone has tried any of the following, please post. Thanks!
* New York Community Bank Mortgage (mynycb.com)
* Pentagon Federal Credit Union Auto Loan (penfed.org)
* University Federal Credit Union Auto Loan (ufcu.org)

I have entered request at Evolve to add each of these billers, lets see if they do.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hertz 5*
FYI guys be really careful submitting large payments for the first time. I sent a payment to "Superior Oil", which apparently is not the same as my Superior Oil. It was a large one, $950 over two VGCs. Their customer service has actually been great so far in terms of figuring out the issue and it seems like everything will be OK but they told me 4 weeks to get my money back in addition to the couple weeks it took to figure this out. I'm still trying to get them to give me the money as a check since I don't have the prepaids anymore and they want to refund the charges to the cards. We'll see what happens.

Also I lost my early payment discount since there was one with this, so be wary if you're using a biller the first time and timing is important.

Really wish they gave an address or more info in general than just the name of the biller.

Last edited by IntegraR0064; Feb 22, 2014 at 11:17 am
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:22 pm

Has the Banana Republic Dual Card been pulled because I don't see it? Now when i search for Banana or Gap or Old Navy it gives a message that don't confuse it with Dual Card and that this biller's account number begins with 6. My dual card begins with 4
Old Feb 22, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
For what it's worth, I've tried the following and they've posted to my accounts appropriately:

1. My 529 College Savings Plan
2. Con Edison (Electric utility)

Last edited by Songer5; Feb 24, 2014 at 2:15 pm
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by indelible
I sent in $100 to Sallie Mae. I have 3 loans under my one account number. The payment was delivered 2/18, according to evolve, but it doesn't show up on Sallie Mae. I guess SM doesn't know how to apply it so I'm guessing it'll get kicked back sometime next week.
I did the same thing as a test for my private loan...it did post eventually...but I got a letter from SM informing me that the payment address used was for federal loans not for private loans.

Apparently SM had some changes to account numbers and payment addresses few months ago....and my account number on my statement by mail (16 digits) is different than the one showing online.

When I updated my account number,the 16 digits one, Evolve gave me 2 different payment address choices,so you have to make sure it matches the one on your statement...I will retest it again and will see...
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
I did the same thing as a test for my private loan...it did post eventually...but I got a letter from SM informing me that the payment address used was for federal loans not for private loans.

Apparently SM had some changes to account numbers and payment addresses few months ago....and my account number on my statement by mail (16 digits) is different than the one showing online.

When I updated my account number,the 16 digits one, Evolve gave me 2 different payment address choices,so you have to make sure it matches the one on your statement...I will retest it again and will see...
oh, my loans are federal student loans and my account # on the website is 10 digits long, which matches the printed statement. when you searched sallie mae on evolve, did you choose the first one "sallie mae" or "Department of Ed Student Loans - All Servicers"

edit: actually, i checked another statement and it's the same 10 digits plus 1 check digit, so 11 total. and it says
Payments should be sent to your loan provider: Department of Education
so i guess i'll try sending it to
Department of Ed Student Loans - All Servicers
on evolve if/when the money comes back to me.

Last edited by indelible; Feb 24, 2014 at 11:32 am
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:35 am

Is it possible to use Evolve to pay CCs? It cannot find any of the ones that I have entered.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
Is it possible to use Evolve to pay CCs? It cannot find any of the ones that I have entered.
have you read the thread?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by commdiver
Is it possible to use Evolve to pay CCs? .
No....
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:11 pm

Why bother to read the 1st page of a thread when you can just post a question ?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I see a lot on Chase Mortgages here, but not Chase HELOCs. Tried to put my HELOC account number in and get an error (copied directly from my statement).
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
Sallie Mae:
I have private and Federal loans serviced by SM. Online, the private account has the 10-digit account number. The Federal has the 10+ '-1' on it. The statement for my private loan also has the 16-digit number. I made two test payments last week. One to the 10-digit, and one to the 11, no dash. Both totals were paid to my private loans. $0 to my Federal.

When I enter the 16-digit number, it does give me the 'choose an address' option, but that's for the private loans, which already seem to work. On my Federal statements, there's an 11-digit number at the bottom of every statement that matches the 10 digit, but + '7'. Maybe I'll make a test payment there and see if it apples to Fed.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by maanfi24
Sallie Mae:
I have private and Federal loans serviced by SM. Online, the private account has the 10-digit account number. The Federal has the 10+ '-1' on it. The statement for my private loan also has the 16-digit number. I made two test payments last week. One to the 10-digit, and one to the 11, no dash. Both totals were paid to my private loans. $0 to my Federal.

When I enter the 16-digit number, it does give me the 'choose an address' option, but that's for the private loans, which already seem to work. On my Federal statements, there's an 11-digit number at the bottom of every statement that matches the 10 digit, but + '7'. Maybe I'll make a test payment there and see if it apples to Fed.
did you send money to "sallie mae" or "Department of Ed Student Loans - All Servicers"? my 10 digit sent on 2/18 has not posted and doesnt show pending on salliemae.com (for federal loans). I'll try again with 11 digits.

Last edited by indelible; Feb 24, 2014 at 11:38 am
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by indelible
did you send money to "sallie mae" or "Department of Ed Student Loans - All Servicers"?
Sallie Mae. I don't trust "All Servicers" with only a 10/11 digit number (that's the same as my SM number). I'll let someone else try it out
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond
Has anyone sent a copy of their bill?

I had asked evolve to add a bank. They sent an email stating that they are adding companies all the time. but I could expedite it by sending a copy of the monthly bill and address of the company. Has anyone done that and has it worked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.