Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:17 pm

other than the common bank debit cards have no fee right now, is there any card that's good to use with evolve to avoid evolve's fee? thanks,
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:35 pm

Can someone refresh my memory? (searched but could not find the answer).
Does "Reloadit Netspend" version work with EvolveM? I generally use the regular version but I think I need to start buying netspend version soon. wanted to confirm whether either version works with EM.
Thanks!!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:47 pm

Anyone had payment lost? i.e. shown on EM as delivered but the payment never made it to my bank. I have two payments to the same account, one made it and the other did not and it had been over 10 days.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:47 pm

Evolve Money and SW RR

Can I count on Chase to accept Evolve Money as a purchase rather than a cash advance? I am concerned about making it to CP status in this billing cycle.

Anyone?

Last edited by pegasilee; Dec 1, 2015 at 6:54 am Reason: Did not get a specific answer - just merged into long thread/ discussion about EM.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Evolve is dead 2/1

Just received:

Dear Valued Customer,

Evolve Money was launched in early 2014 as a whole new way for consumers to pay their bills. Thousands of people have enjoyed the benefits of fast, convenient bill payments from any device. However, the payments landscape has changed dramatically and with it, our focus as a business.

Sadly, that means ending the Evolve Money service effective February 1, 2016.

Key Details:

Beginning February 1, 2016 you will no longer be able to submit payments using Evolve Money.
Any payments currently scheduled for delivery on or after February 1, 2016 will NOT be processed.
Cash Payments:
Beginning January 16, 2016 you will no longer be able to use REloadit or Evolve Pay Bucks Load Packs, which are identified as "Cash" as a payment source.
If you have credits remaining in your account because of prior Load Pack usage you MUST redeem them prior to February 1, 2016.
After February 1, 2016, you will still be able to access your Evolve Money account to review your payment history but you will be unable to make payments.
We would like to thank you for your support of Evolve Money these past two years. We realize this may pose an inconvenience and our Customer Support team is available to assist you at [email protected].

The Evolve Money Team
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by jsocpa
If you have credits remaining in your account because of prior Load Pack usage you MUST redeem them prior to February 1, 2016.
After that point, do they plan on mailing checks or just keeping the money?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:47 pm

Alex,

Why is the service ending?
Will it be brought back in the future in another form?

Was it unprofitable, or is PreCash making some exclusive deal with someone to re-rcoll this out in a new flavor?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by physans
Alex,

Why is the service ending?
Will it be brought back in the future in another form?

Was it unprofitable, or is PreCash making some exclusive deal with someone to re-rcoll this out in a new flavor?
his last post was in July 2014 and last activity in November 2014. Most likely he is RIP, same as evolve now...
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:23 am

Anyone know anything about the ADP Aline card?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:05 pm

Any other alternatives to Evolve or Plastiq?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:32 am

evolve is only good for those who got grandfathered into this program or something? the website says I need to have "ALINE Cards by ADP".
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by kaiotes
Any other alternatives to Evolve or Plastiq?
Radpad. 1.99% with mastercard.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Anyone who used this service for bill pay - check how your account was setup.
For example for PSEG they asked for user/password to PSEG account.
Turns out they logged in, setup the ACH draft specifying their own account and left it there for prosperity...
I had payment go through and picked wrong account causing NSF fee....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.