Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by jamboree
The largest denomination VGC's I can find at staples are $200.
He means buy them somewhere else.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:44 pm

Maybe I'm too new at this so let me ask a "junior" question (or two)...
I'm talking about the gift cards that have pre-defined denominations on them (25, 50, 100 or 200) I've never seen a $500 or larger denomination card anywhere I've looked.

I'm NOT talking about the cards that show a range of values 20-500.
I've not purchased any of the 20-500 cards, if you are referring to this card then my questions are:
1) can these be used the same way as the 100, 200 cards?
2) can these be purchased with a credit card
3) can these cards be used on evolve the same as the 100, 200 cards

Sorry for the Junior questions. I will definitely do more research this evening.
OH and I chose Staples because of the Visa 1% saving on top of the 5x points.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
The largest denomination VGC's I can find at staples are $200.
That is correct, but did you look anywhere other than Staples?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Maybe I'm too new at this so let me ask a "junior" question (or two)...
I'm talking about the gift cards that have pre-defined denominations on them (25, 50, 100 or 200) I've never seen a $500 or larger denomination card anywhere I've looked.

I'm NOT talking about the cards that show a range of values 20-500.
I've not purchased any of the 20-500 cards, if you are referring to this card then my questions are:
1) can these be used the same way as the 100, 200 cards?
2) can these be purchased with a credit card
3) can these cards be used on evolve the same as the 100, 200 cards

Sorry for the Junior questions. I will definitely do more research this evening.
OH and I chose Staples because of the Visa 1% saving on top of the 5x points.
Yes, you want the variable load cards. It depends where you saw them at, some stores allow purchase with CC, some don't. Yes, you should be able to us them on Evolve.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:54 pm

Excellent - thank you all

I will buy the variable cards (20-500), I'm hoping I can purchase them for CC at Staples (or at least at office supply stores for the 5x points).

one answer: Yes - I've been on the lookout for higher denomination cards (like $500) at all places I shop
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:06 pm

Excellent - thank you all

I will buy the variable cards (20-500), I'm hoping I can purchase them for CC at Staples (or at least at office supply stores for the 5x points).

one answer: Yes - I've been on the lookout for higher denomination cards (like $500) at all places I shop
Yea good luck. Staples doesn't carry anything over $200
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:42 pm

Got this email:

Last week we rolled out Evolve Money's new scheduling feature which allows you to select the date you would like your payments delivered.

Some of you may have encountered difficulties scheduling and making payments last weekend. There is an issue that does not allow a user to pay a non-Express bill over a weekend without scheduling it. However, certain cards cannot be used for scheduling - primarily gift cards and some prepaid debit cards. Therefore, you may have had an issue making a payment with a gift or prepaid card due to this situation. We expect the bug to be resolved by Friday and should not be problem again this weekend.

Unfortunately, gift and certain prepaid cards (typically one-time use prepaid cards) cannot be used for scheduled payments due to circumstances beyond our control. The decision to allow scheduled payments is made by the bank that issues your gift or prepaid card.

However, you CAN use gift and prepaid cards to pay your bills as long as they are charged the same day. You can confirm the charge date below the date selection box (see image below).
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by isobro
However, you CAN use gift and prepaid cards to pay your bills as long as they are charged the same day
i.e. Pay up MSers
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
i.e. Pay up MSers
So essentially it means a $1.50 per bill additional charge to MS. I guess that works out for Evolve, and maybe is still do-able on larger bills, such as partial mortgage payments. It will be cost prohibitive and pretty much eliminate the use of gc's as MS for smaller payments, though.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:40 pm

Anybody know if Evolve has "business hours" and what they are? I tried calling and I go through the automated phone tree and press 1 for bill payment questions and get a "This call cannot be completed, please call again later at your convenience."

My account was "suspended" because I reached my 4th payment on a bill for the month. I was under the impression that only that particular biller account is frozen, but I can't pay any bill or even add any new billers. Odd.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
So essentially it means a $1.50 per bill additional charge to MS. I guess that works out for Evolve, and maybe is still do-able on larger bills, such as partial mortgage payments. It will be cost prohibitive and pretty much eliminate the use of gc's as MS for smaller payments, though.
I actually don't think that is the case. I think you can still pay bills for 2 days out, as long as it says "You will be charged on xxx" and not be assessed a $1.50 fee.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by mango305
If I schedule a payment for 8/1 on 7/31 (money is charged on 7/31), is it counted against the 4-payment limit of July or August?
I asked the same question last month and got 2 different replies - one said the scheduling month and the other the delivering month. It was the scheduling month for my one attempt, but YMMY
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:58 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by isobro
I actually don't think that is the case. I think you can still pay bills for 2 days out, as long as it says "You will be charged on xxx" and not be assessed a $1.50 fee.
So, I have only done this once since the changes, today, and the charge was returned although it initially looked like it went through.

I'm confused... if paying with a gc, do we check the date for delivery on the same day, next day, 2 days out, or a Monday if payment is being made on a Friday? PM me if it's too circles and arrows for the thread.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by mango305
If I schedule a payment for 8/1 on 7/31 (money is charged on 7/31), is it counted against the 4-payment limit of July or August?
Charge date decides number of transactions in a month. Deliver by date does not matter if it falls in next month.

So if you have not used all the allowed number of transaction for a biller, there is a chance to use it tomorrow- 31st July 2014.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:55 am

Just an update...on Monday I "scheduled" a payment using 2 VGCs to my mortgage. I chose the earliest pay date (which was 7/30). The charge date was same day, estimated date of payment was 7/31 (today). This morning it looks like those payments went through.

I have two more set on Tuesday, estimated date of payment is 8/1, that are still in pending, but if the one from Monday worked, I expect these to go through fine.

Oddly, yesterday (Wednesday) I received the "you've reached the 4 payment limit" email from them. I had actually scheduled my 4th payment on Tuesday...guess their system takes a little while to catch up. The email stated I won't be able to pay the biller again until 8/1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.