Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I made 4 mortgage payments in July(thru mine and wife's accounts) which went through and I tried 1 more and it got declined(was not aware of 4 payment restriction at that time). I tried to pay this months mortgage and getting a message: Cannot make any payment till next month. Is this a glitch, do i need to contact Evolve?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by concordian
I made 4 mortgage payments in July(thru mine and wife's accounts) which went through and I tried 1 more and it got declined(was not aware of 4 payment restriction at that time). I tried to pay this months mortgage and getting a message: Cannot make any payment till next month. Is this a glitch, do i need to contact Evolve?
You are heading down the right path to get that biller blocked. Two accounts to pay the same bill is a no no.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:02 pm

I understand that now as I am learning all the "Evolving" rules. I will be making all 4 payments from my account only.

Also, I see 2 of my billers are in same day payment category, so that's not going to work. For me, Evolve is becoming useless with all the restrictions.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:07 pm

I understand that now as I am learning all the "Evolving" rules. I will be making all 4 payments from my account only.

Also, I see 2 of my billers are in same day payment category, so that's not going to work. For me, Evolve is becoming useless with all the restrictions.
See the post on the previous page about searching for delivery dates 4-5 days out, but still charge your card today to avoid the fee.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:26 pm

It doesn't matter. They will close your account regardless. The question is when.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
It doesn't matter. They will close your account regardless. The question is when.
You are correct as I got this confirmed when I sent email to support. I asked for reconsideration but not hopeful. One more MS Avenue lost for me
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by fr33b13
I hope this helps. If you are trying to pay a bill that is now a combined express/nonexpress bill with a gift card then you'll have to click through the due dates and fin one that says you will be charged on <today>:

I am trying to pay a utility bill and I have the same problem that if I select today (8/1) as my due date then I have to pay the express fee of $1.50, but I get charged today.

I clicked due date of tomorrow (8/2) and it says I will be charged on 8/2, but I assume it'll get rejected since I'm using a Staples rebate card.

I clicked through the dates and when I select due date of 8/5, it says I will be charged today (8/1). I paid my bill with the 8/5 due date and the prepaid balance website says Evolve charged my card today!
Thanks for this. I think I had scheduled my ConEd bill for 8/1 to be charged on 8/1. I was unaware of the express fee when I did this. I did not see them adding a $1.50 charge when I submitted payment either? I also do not see the 1.50 on my activity in GCM. So where/when is this express fee billed?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Thanks for this. I think I had scheduled my ConEd bill for 8/1 to be charged on 8/1. I was unaware of the express fee when I did this. I did not see them adding a $1.50 charge when I submitted payment either? I also do not see the 1.50 on my activity in GCM. So where/when is this express fee billed?
Glad I could help you and the others. I didn't do express pay so I don't know when it's charged. I would assume they charge it when they charge the card for the bill.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:15 pm

Does con ed have a lightening bolt next to the name in your list of bills? If not then it is not express.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:31 pm

just a general question, is VISA OV still work with Evolve Money if the bill is a smaller amount???
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, HH, MR, Emirates
Originally Posted by rangerc79
just a general question, is VISA OV still work with Evolve Money if the bill is a smaller amount???

Yes it works for small amounts. I paid Coned bill less than 100 with OV.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 10:37 pm

You are correct as I got this confirmed when I sent email to support. I asked for reconsideration but not hopeful. One more MS Avenue lost for me
Update: My mortgage payee account was unblocked after my email, made 2 payments today and will make 2 tomorrow.

Back in business ^
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Just to clarify with the new interface/system for paying mortgages over $1k, is the $1k limit per day capped to the day the payments are scheduled? Or the day they are scheduled to post?

e.g. If scheduling two $500 payments on 8/1 to post on 8/4, does the 3rd payment on 8/2 have to be scheduled to post on 8/5? Or can it also be 8/4, thus 3 payments hitting that day.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:47 pm

Every mortgage lender/servicer is different... you're probably just gonna have to try it and see what happens. If after a few days it looks like the payments were incorrectly applied, call them and request they fix your mistake, then don't do it again.

If you're lucky, it will be processed the way you want, and you'll never have to make the phonecall.

There just are no guarantees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.