Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:18 am

Just got an e-mail this morning from EV. Looks like you can now schedule your payments, up to 45 days in advance. I'm going to try scheduling 4 separate payments to the same mortgage account to be paid next week. Looks like a nice feature if it works since WF needs all payments to show up on the same day in order to be processed correctly.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:24 am

http://www.evolvemoney.com/schedulin...ney/#more-1907

Another update is scheduling payments with debit cards. They didn't mention in the blog entry whether the $1,000 per day limit applies to the day scheduled or the day of payment. Might be worth testing out.

Originally Posted by crapz1
Just got an e-mail this morning from EV. Looks like you can now schedule your payments, up to 45 days in advance. I'm going to try scheduling 4 separate payments to the same mortgage account to be paid next week. Looks like a nice feature if it works since WF needs all payments to show up on the same day in order to be processed correctly.
You beat me to it, but I just wanted to respond to this - I paid my WF mortgage for the first time last month and my experience was different from yours. My mortgage is $1200 and change. The initial $1,000 that showed up was put in unapplied funds. Once of the rest of the payment showed up, the $1,000 was reapplied to the payment. So my experience is as long as you make exact payment, even accross several days, it's not an issue. I didn't even have to call
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ttlmmky

Another update is scheduling payments with debit cards. They didn't mention in the blog entry whether the $1,000 per day limit applies to the day scheduled or the day of payment. Might be worth testing out.
Day scheduled I think. I did a payment today and then tried to schedule one for tomorrow but it said I had gone over the limit.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Day scheduled I think. I did a payment today and then tried to schedule one for tomorrow but it said I had gone over the limit.
well then, awesome news!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Makes me wonder about month limits and scheduling (schedule $1000 in July to go out in early August, once August hits schedule another $1000 for same day as the July $1000 in order to pay large bills)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:55 am

Anyone know if reloadit payments are still not counted towards the 4 payment per month limit?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
They don't make any mention of paying with cash vs debit and a distinction.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Silver
Originally Posted by ttlmmky

You beat me to it, but I just wanted to respond to this - I paid my WF mortgage for the first time last month and my experience was different from yours. My mortgage is $1200 and change. The initial $1,000 that showed up was put in unapplied funds. Once of the rest of the payment showed up, the $1,000 was reapplied to the payment. So my experience is as long as you make exact payment, even accross several days, it's not an issue. I didn't even have to call
My experience with WF mortagage has been similar. I have a $1900 mortgage that I load $1000 one day and $1000 the next day. The 1st $1000 sits as unapplied payment until the 2nd $1000 comes in. Then WF applies the payment to my next due invoice and applies the overage to principal. My next month's invoice shows that a full payment is due. So actual you do not need to pay the exact amount.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Any idea how long it takes a refused payment by biller to be refunded to debit by evolve?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:49 pm

I guess these changes are effective immediately. Glad I paid my mortgage already for August as I am past 10k already.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So who's going to test out that $10K/month cap?

Someone here has to be over that already, somehow.

Question is, will it be like the 4 payments/month limit where they just suspend that biller for you until the next month, or if you try to go beyond $10K will they just ban you, as a payer?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
So who's going to test out that $10K/month cap?

Someone here has to be over that already, somehow.

Question is, will it be like the 4 payments/month limit where they just suspend that biller for you until the next month, or if you try to go beyond $10K will they just ban you, as a payer?
I suggest you might ask heyeagle from the post immediately prior to yours, to try something out for you! perhaps it's not ex post facto, though?

Glad I paid my mortgage already for August as I am past 10k already.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:28 pm

I am too afraid.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AveApostle
I suggest you might ask heyeagle from the post immediately prior to yours, to try something out for you! perhaps it's not ex post facto, though?
I assume this is all, going forward. Hard to know with these guys, though. They make up all their rules as they go.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the site is just barely working. Terrible. Slow, bad interaction with the new interface.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.