Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:42 am

Any advice on paying a $6,500 life insurance payment on evolve without access to reloadit (w/CC) can likely pay over two calendar months
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by retired7328
Any advice on paying a $6,500 life insurance payment on evolve without access to reloadit (w/CC) can likely pay over two calendar months
That's a mighty big life insurance payment...
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by retired7328
I don't have evolve but my life insurance policy is with AIG so I called them and asked if they have updates to mode of payment and if they now accept CCs. NO go so I asked if they'll take MOs instead? Yes! and so I'll be sending MOs to them (after I scan and file them)
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:26 pm

Evolve Money

deleted

Last edited by rismoney; Jul 18, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
You know this thread is actively monitored by EM, right? Please use discretion.

Last edited by sgideons; Jul 19, 2014 at 8:37 am Reason: edit
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:04 pm

Sigh. Just trying paying my mortgage and it errored after submission telling me I've reached the limit. But the last payment made was in June. Now I've got to wait for the funds to release on my cards.

Anybody seen this thing work on a rolling 30 days instead of calendar month?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:23 pm

Evolve Money

Yes, I got the suspension message for 3 payments in one month
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by unkinected
Sigh. Just trying paying my mortgage and it errored after submission telling me I've reached the limit. But the last payment made was in June. Now I've got to wait for the funds to release on my cards.

Because of some people reporting problems with their biller accounts remaining blocked, I called Evolve early in July to make sure my WF account was unblocked before submitting a payment. They were happy to help and told me it had already been unblocked. Not sure if I will do that every month or not, but probably as long as people continue to report problems.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by rismoney
this just got better than bb ever was for me. with the right types of payee you could cleanly spread OVs a mile wide
they already killed a lot of the right types
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:20 am

Hm..so EM just responded to my question about why I received an error. Now they're telling me that biller is totally blocked:

"Upon further review of the account you are paying to this biller through Evolve Money, we are unable to allow future payments to this account."

Ugh. I'll respond trying to get some more info... but this blows. Anyone have success getting an account unblocked?

(Note, they're encouraging me to continue to use EM, so my account's not blocked, just my biller.)
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Hm..so EM just responded to my question about why I received an error. Now they're telling me that biller is totally blocked:

"Upon further review of the account you are paying to this biller through Evolve Money, we are unable to allow future payments to this account."

Ugh. I'll respond trying to get some more info... but this blows. Anyone have success getting an account unblocked?

(Note, they're encouraging me to continue to use EM, so my account's not blocked, just my biller.)
Was it a "legitimate" acct, e.g. mortgage, car note?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Was it a "legitimate" acct, e.g. mortgage, car note?
Yup, my legit mortgage through Chase. Apparently they closed it because I paid using two EM profiles in June.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:56 am

Well that's a pretty simple explanation then, their TOS expressly prohibit having more than 1 evolve account. If you pay the same biller-account from two different evolve accounts it's quite obviously a red flag.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:00 am
Suspended

mechanics

Embarking on EM for the first time. I have a bill pay set up, gonna load with $500 VGC, do I set payment for $999 and then load $500/repeat/ or ?
Thanks, dont want to muddle thru initial payment process.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by member7777
Embarking on EM for the first time. I have a bill pay set up, gonna load with $500 VGC, do I set payment for $999 and then load $500/repeat/ or ?
Thanks, dont want to muddle thru initial payment process.
If you're using VGC, you can only do 1 pmt at a time - so two bill pays for $500, 10 minutes apart.
If you're using Reloadits, you can just input $999, and load the two Reloadits in one billpay transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.