Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
I am too afraid.
LOL

Originally Posted by josephstern
I assume this is all, going forward. Hard to know with these guys, though. They make up all their rules as they go.
Too true. But what else can you expect from a product named "Evolve"?

(...the company should really have been named "post-cash")

SUGGESTED WORKAROUND: have a separate account for each bill.
BOOM /10k'd
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Violation of their terms, but not sure how they'd know.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
So who's going to test out that $10K/month cap?

Someone here has to be over that already, somehow.

Question is, will it be like the 4 payments/month limit where they just suspend that biller for you until the next month, or if you try to go beyond $10K will they just ban you, as a payer?
I can be the guinea pig. I've paid 12k so far. This am I paid another 950 RL even tho I saw the report on the change of ToS. It seemed to go through and I haven't received an email from evolve. Tmrw ill try my 14th RL as I've got several more to unload.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:41 am

One observation with the new scheduling restrictions: I scheduled a $999 payment yesterday to my WF mortgage for delivery on 7/28. Just tried to schedule another $999 payment to same account but says I have exceeded the $1000 limit since both payments will be charged on 7/24. Guess I'll have to try tomorrow but it sucks that even if you're submitting the payment on different days, they end up charging your card on the same day.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone have experience using AMEX GC payment through Evolve? I have been successful using USB VGC with Evolve, just curious is AMEX GC will work as well?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Does anyone have experience using AMEX GC payment through Evolve? I have been successful using USB VGC with Evolve, just curious is AMEX GC will work as well?
someone should update wiki with:
If your card does not say "Debit" on it, it will not work with Evolve.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dsauch
So there are no AMEX GC that are Debit cards?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
So there are no AMEX GC that are Debit cards?
Are you kidding me?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:29 pm

Anybody made a Quicken Loans mortgage payment? If so, any helpful tips appreciated.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by crapz1
One observation with the new scheduling restrictions: I scheduled a $999 payment yesterday to my WF mortgage for delivery on 7/28. Just tried to schedule another $999 payment to same account but says I have exceeded the $1000 limit since both payments will be charged on 7/24. Guess I'll have to try tomorrow but it sucks that even if you're submitting the payment on different days, they end up charging your card on the same day.
Agree. I even tried scheduling for 8/2 and the "you've exceeded the max # of payments to this biller" error popped up.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by dsauch
Let me go back in time an add that to the wiki. Maybe at the top, in bold.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:03 pm

I tried paying a bill I've successfully paid before (utility bill) using the MetaBank VGC from Staples. I scheduled it to be paid the next day. Evolve sent me a message about the payment failure. When I look at the Visa GoWallet transaction history, the decline error code I see is "Recurring/Installment restriction".

Are the MetaBank VGC's now declining "recurring" billings?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:33 pm

Is there any negative consequences to overpaying a store charge bill/etc and then requesting refunds of the balance over and over?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Evolve Money

I assume they will tell you to stop that.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:31 am

Was able to schedule a second payment to my mortgage. I scheduled the first one two days ago for payment next Monday. It wouldn't let me schedule another one until today, but even though its Friday, it will only let me schedule payment for Tuesday. It seems like they're trying to make it harder for multiple $999 payments to be paid on the same day because they only charge your card a certain number of days before the payment and thats the date they use for your $1000 limit now. I prefer the old method where you could stagger Thu, Fri, and Sat payments to all be paid on Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.