Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Yep, and I fell victim too but got my restrictions lifted with a bit of pleading.
Could you give a little more specifics as to how you got your restrictions lifted? Was the front-level CSR able to unblock your account for you? I pleaded very politely pretty extensively with the CSR and they would not budge, said it was out of their hands, was company policy, etc. They did vaguely mention that they would inquire to double check the policy did not allow any way to unblock the account.

I made it very clear, very politely, that I was very happy to abide by their rules now that I was aware of them, but that I honestly was not aware of the restriction on multiple accounts before I made the payments.

It's definitely worth it me trying to call back, but I'm wondering what I could say that would be more effective.

Last edited by redtop; Jul 9, 2014 at 7:21 am Reason: typos
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Is this a typo in the Wiki: "US Bank - made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments applied to principal w/o a call". I think that's supposed to say applied to regular payment w/o a call
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by rismoney
anyone receive reply back on adding new accts? havent heard anything on penfed mortgage
Yes I receive lots of replies. Sometimes they go as far as to ask me for copies of the bills, which I always supply. I think they ask for this just to make it look like they're doing something. Because nothing ever gets added anymore. I have all but given up.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Wisemas
I attempted to make an Evolve Bill Pay to my student loan company with a Simon Gift Card which wasn't successful on 7/2/14 which resulted in an authorization hold being placed on the gift card for the total amount. Does anyone have any experience as to how long this will last? and what I should do other than wait?
Mine from July 1 just dropped off today, so 8 calendar days. It wasn't a simon though, just vanilla
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: USairways, Marriot, Hyatt, Hilton, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Mine from July 1 just dropped off today, so 8 calendar days. It wasn't a simon though, just vanilla
I called both Evolve and Simon. Evolve won't help and Simon said it takes 8 calendar days as well, so the funds should be back on the card by the 11th. Thanks. I guess a little bit of frustration is worth it for "almost free" travel.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Wisemas
I attempted to make an Evolve Bill Pay to my student loan company with a Simon Gift Card which wasn't successful on 7/2/14 which resulted in an authorization hold being placed on the gift card for the total amount. Does anyone have any experience as to how long this will last? and what I should do other than wait?
Why wasn't it successful? Was it the SGC or issues with the payee?
From evolves homepage - "Pay with cash, Visa and MasterCard debit cards, and pre-paid cards. Read more about cash payments Here."
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: USairways, Marriot, Hyatt, Hilton, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ckucic
Why wasn't it successful? Was it the SGC or issues with the payee?
From evolves homepage - "Pay with cash, Visa and MasterCard debit cards, and pre-paid cards. Read more about cash payments Here."
It wasn't successful because my account was suspended until July 1st secondarily to too many payments in June. The account had not been reactivated when I attempted the bill pay on 7/2/14 for some reason. The CSR reactivated my account and my Staples Visa Gift Card went through without a hitch. I'll let you know in 2 days if I can make payments with the Simon Gift Card when the funds are back. I'm not buying more until I'm assured an easy way to liquidate them.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@redtop - that sounds really draconian. 2 payments on 2 accounts since that is still only 4 only.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I don't know if I was lucky but I made 4 payments(me/spouse) to my mortgage and didn't get any emails/shutdowns. Payments posted on Monday(July 7).

Will try to make 1 payment each on Saturday/Sunday for next month.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Payments using what?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Is this a typo in the Wiki: "US Bank - made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments applied to principal w/o a call". I think that's supposed to say applied to regular payment w/o a call
Yeah this was a typo. I used to have to call (May and ealier), but I thought I'd give it a couple of days in June and they magically moved it to the monthly payment.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
@redtop - that sounds really draconian. 2 payments on 2 accounts since that is still only 4 only.
"draconian" is precisely one of the words I used with the evolve CSR.

I suspect the problem was that I made the four payments on the same day, and that the total of the four payments was > $1000, the daily limit per account.

Anyway, I'll try calling back again sometime and will report back if I get any flexibility on their end.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Good news. I unfortunately almost made a mistake and paid one of our auto loans for the 5th time this month (thought that it was our other auto loan that I typed a $ amount into). When it went to submitting it said it failed with "Your payment to this Account cannot be completed at this time. You may have exceeded the total number of payments to this account for this month. You should be able to make additional payments next month".

So FINALLY they stopped the complete non-sense of blocking people's accounts for going over their limit as opposed to just throwing an error.

THANK YOU Evolve!

p.s. Now don't send me an email later blocking this account still!!! ha
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Payments using what?
what else, VGC's
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Good news. I unfortunately almost made a mistake and paid one of our auto loans for the 5th time this month (thought that it was our other auto loan that I typed a $ amount into). When it went to submitting it said it failed with "Your payment to this Account cannot be completed at this time. You may have exceeded the total number of payments to this account for this month. You should be able to make additional payments next month".

So FINALLY they stopped the complete non-sense of blocking people's accounts for going over their limit as opposed to just throwing an error.

THANK YOU Evolve!

p.s. Now don't send me an email later blocking this account still!!! ha
They haven't been automatically perma-blocking accounts for simply going over 4 payments so your experience isn't new or unique. Only people that were abusing by using multiple accounts to get around the 4 payment limit seem to be perm-blocked.

Now if only they could get their .... together and not put a hold your card if the payment fails I think people would be a lot happier. Accidentally make a 5th payment or make 2 payments of the same amount too close together? Congratulations on your 8 day hold on whatever your payment amount was. It's pretty ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.