Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:23 am

It has been noted on Fatwallet that Navy Federal Loans are available to be paid. (HT: Kybosh)

Has anyone tried this with the line of credit loan that is attached to checking accounts?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by horseymen
It has been noted on Fatwallet that Navy Federal Loans are available to be paid. (HT: Kybosh)

Has anyone tried this with the line of credit loan that is attached to checking accounts?
The Navchek has the same account number as your checking account.
Since Evolve doesn't accept deposit account numbers it wont work.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by WhiteRoom
I'll offer up some Wells Fargo/Evolve info. My mortgage is due on the 1st, late charge hits on the 16th. We had always ACH'd out of our checking on the 7th. I paid via Evolve for the first time in March, over the first weekend (two payments each day). All four payments arrived on Monday the 3rd and were put into unapplied funds even though they added to exactly the payment. They sat in unapplied funds for three days before I called to see what was up (so I could cancel the ACH). The CSR told me that they would put in a "work order" to move them from unapplied funds to payment (that happened about five days later) and that they would also put in a "work order" to have this happen automatically in the future. We will see if that happens or not. I don't believe there is any point in the weekend payments - everything goes into unapplied funds given Evolve's limit (unless you have a sub $1000 mortgage and a debit card with that much $ on it). The one thing I don't quite understand is people's comments about payments going to principal if you make them prior to the due date - but to be safe I am going to continue to make Evolve payments on the 1st and 2nd of every month then hopefully the move from unapplied funds to payment will be automatic.
Thanks for the info - I appreciate it. That seems like a good approach.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by WhiteRoom
I'll offer up some Wells Fargo/Evolve info. My mortgage is due on the 1st, late charge hits on the 16th. We had always ACH'd out of our checking on the 7th. I paid via Evolve for the first time in March, over the first weekend (two payments each day). All four payments arrived on Monday the 3rd and were put into unapplied funds even though they added to exactly the payment. They sat in unapplied funds for three days before I called to see what was up (so I could cancel the ACH). The CSR told me that they would put in a "work order" to move them from unapplied funds to payment (that happened about five days later) and that they would also put in a "work order" to have this happen automatically in the future. We will see if that happens or not. I don't believe there is any point in the weekend payments - everything goes into unapplied funds given Evolve's limit (unless you have a sub $1000 mortgage and a debit card with that much $ on it). The one thing I don't quite understand is people's comments about payments going to principal if you make them prior to the due date - but to be safe I am going to continue to make Evolve payments on the 1st and 2nd of every month then hopefully the move from unapplied funds to payment will be automatic.
Great info, but at this point, I'd argue it is simpler to buy paper at Wally world and pay at a branch/mail. If you get this to work, please update us as I would be tempted to try it.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:54 pm
jyx

has anyone figured out how to make partial mortgage payments work at Provident? Was told that they won't accept partial payments if multiple ones add up.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
My payment to Chase Mortgage which is shown as delivered on 3/17 has not shown in my mortgage account. But the payment that is delivered later than 3/17 has shown up. Has anyone has the same experience? Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Great info, but at this point, I'd argue it is simpler to buy paper at Wally world and pay at a branch/mail. If you get this to work, please update us as I would be tempted to try it.
I hear you. I am not on the Wally circuit (no VRs) so I am not already there. I am using Univsions from the grocery store where I get the cc points/miles plus fuel rewards and I am already there regularly. Super easy to then pay at home on the computer. Will update on how WF handles the next payment.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:25 pm

Anybody is paying rent by evolve? My apartment community is listed by evolve but it doesn't take my account number (which is my apartment number), it asks for 11-16 digit number. I called the leasing office and corporate, they are not aware of such number. Evolve is no help either.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnycomeslater
Anybody is paying rent by evolve? My apartment community is listed by evolve but it doesn't take my account number (which is my apartment number), it asks for 11-16 digit number. I called the leasing office and corporate, they are not aware of such number. Evolve is no help either.
You might want to look on your leasing paperwork, each tenant should have an account number this is just standard accounting practice.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:49 am

Scattershooting while considering taking out a 12 month loan at Navy for the sole purpose of paying it back using Evolve.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, US
Anyone paid blue cross blue shield? my payment is not showing up, its 3 days after delivery date! I only had my member # in account #, anyone has a successful payment?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:43 am

Has anyone tried making payments to same mortgage account from multiple EV accounts? I'm using $200 VGCs to spread across multiple EV accounts. My first payment went through but second failed with general error. After waiting 6 minutes I was able to make another payment on the first EV account. Then I went to a second EV account with the same payee and that failed. Same with a third EV account. Waiting 6 minutes then paying with the second EV account worked. I was hoping to cut down the waiting time, but it looks like the 6 minute wait is across the system for the same payee. Just curious if others had the same experience. Reason I'm using multiple EV accounts is that my mortgage with WF is over $3k and I'd like to have them all arrive on the same day so that it gets applied correctly. Last month I spread it out over a week on one account and it got applied to principal and I had to call them to correct it. I guess even with the multiple accounts I'll still have to make each individual payment 6 minutes apart. Only thing that sucks is that the 3 VGCs that failed all have their funds in a temporary hold.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by crapz1
Has anyone tried making payments to same mortgage account from multiple EV accounts? I'm using $200 VGCs to spread across multiple EV accounts. My first payment went through but second failed with general error. After waiting 6 minutes I was able to make another payment on the first EV account. Then I went to a second EV account with the same payee and that failed. Same with a third EV account. Waiting 6 minutes then paying with the second EV account worked. I was hoping to cut down the waiting time, but it looks like the 6 minute wait is across the system for the same payee. Just curious if others had the same experience. Reason I'm using multiple EV accounts is that my mortgage with WF is over $3k and I'd like to have them all arrive on the same day so that it gets applied correctly. Last month I spread it out over a week on one account and it got applied to principal and I had to call them to correct it. I guess even with the multiple accounts I'll still have to make each individual payment 6 minutes apart. Only thing that sucks is that the 3 VGCs that failed all have their funds in a temporary hold.
I have a $2200 dollar mortgage I am trying a similar thing today - two accounts, today and tomorrow, both should have an arrive date of 3/24 - and have an exact payment hit - hopefully that will hit the Chase auto-correct appropriately without manual intervention.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:13 pm

The wait time is 5+ minutes for the same payee across multiple EV accounts.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:17 pm
wcj

Originally Posted by oohaahouch
Anyone paid blue cross blue shield? my payment is not showing up, its 3 days after delivery date! I only had my member # in account #, anyone has a successful payment?

I tried once for BCBS. Payment ended up failing and being returned. Evolve does send notice that it failed via email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.