Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Nishant1
What is the benefit of paying mortgage using prepaid debit card through Evolve money instead of available option using BB paper check?

If you use Grocery prepaid card then the net benefit is 6% cash back minus 1.25% annual fee minus 1.19% prepaid card fee= 3.56%

If you use VR through BB paper check then you get net 4.21%.

Unless people want to use prepaid card in addition to BB limit then it is a different story.
With Bluebird, you can load 5% gift cards and send yourself a check at the end of the month. It's basically recycled money.

If I do everything I can on Evolve - that's bonus money.

If I paid my mortgage on Bluebird, I can only still "spend" 5,000 If I paid my mortgage with Evolve, I can still cash out the $5000 with bluebird AND cash out some gift cards at the same time.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:18 pm

Datapoint:

My weekend send both at the same time to post on Monday did not work. Day 1 still posted before Day 2, so I am going to have to email Chase again and get them to adjust. We'll go with 3 accounts next month, and hope Chase's tolerance to fix continues. Or do it just before or just after midnight - that caused two days to post at once last month.

Last edited by horseymen; Mar 23, 2014 at 9:19 pm Reason: More detail..
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:14 pm

Ocwen Mortgage

Ocwen handles my mortgage payment, so I called them to ask a few questions. I learned partial payments made during the month may or may not be applied as principle payments. I also learned that if I make a payment after the 1st of the month, but before the auto payment pulls the payment from my checking account, they will credit those payments to the monthly payment due. If I make payments totaling the monthly payment before the auto payment kicks in, the auto payment will not take place for that month.

So I set my payment date for the 11th of the month (payments are not late until after the 15th). I plan to make 2 Evolve payments at the beginning of the month to make my monthly payments. If I forget to make the Evolve payments, the auto payment will take place on the 11th.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by oohaahouch
Anyone paid blue cross blue shield? my payment is not showing up, its 3 days after delivery date! I only had my member # in account #, anyone has a successful payment?
payment posted ^
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:42 am

Anyone have experience with partial payments to Citimortgage?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by oohaahouch
payment posted ^
Which BCBS payee did you use. I looked and there are several choices available. I live in GA but my bill is paid to an IL address. I reached out to Evolve with the address and other info and was told BCBS GA is not currently available
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by thejit
Which BCBS payee did you use. I looked and there are several choices available. I live in GA but my bill is paid to an IL address. I reached out to Evolve with the address and other info and was told BCBS GA is not currently available
BCBS of AZ
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:37 am

Reporting back on my latest experiment with payment to WF. My mortgage is just over $3k. Last month I spread the payment out over 1 week on one EV account. All payments got applied to principal and I had to call in to get it applied properly to monthly payment. This month, I used two EV accounts and made a $1k payment from each account on 3/20 (Thu) and the remaining balance on 3/21 (Fri). For the payments on both days, EV said it would be delivered on 3/24, so I thought I would be golden as far as all the payments arriving the same day and getting properly applied to the monthly payment. Today, I just checked my WF account, and the payment I made on 3/20 posted on 3/21 and the payment I made on 3/21 posted on 3/24. Once again, the payments were applied to principal. Just got off the phone with WF and had them properly apply it to the monthly payment instead. I guess next month, I will try this again but sending from four EV accounts on the same day.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yay! Evolve has my mortgage and HOA. IF I can find a grocery store that will allow me to buy with CC, it will be golden. I know it's highly YMMV but worth trying with all the Winn-Dixies in my area. If not, using GCs and not constantly just going WM->MO->Bank will save me some time.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by crapz1
Reporting back on my latest experiment with payment to WF. My mortgage is just over $3k. Last month I spread the payment out over 1 week on one EV account. All payments got applied to principal and I had to call in to get it applied properly to monthly payment. This month, I used two EV accounts and made a $1k payment from each account on 3/20 (Thu) and the remaining balance on 3/21 (Fri). For the payments on both days, EV said it would be delivered on 3/24, so I thought I would be golden as far as all the payments arriving the same day and getting properly applied to the monthly payment. Today, I just checked my WF account, and the payment I made on 3/20 posted on 3/21 and the payment I made on 3/21 posted on 3/24. Once again, the payments were applied to principal. Just got off the phone with WF and had them properly apply it to the monthly payment instead. I guess next month, I will try this again but sending from four EV accounts on the same day.
Strange, my payment posted like it should have i.e. waited for entire amount and then hit as min payment, payments after min pay went to principal.

edit: mortgage with WF

Last edited by oohaahouch; Mar 25, 2014 at 10:39 am Reason: additional info
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by crapz1
Was this for your April payment? Trying to figure out if I have to wait until April to make the payment or if I can send it now.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by scocjo
Was this for your April payment? Trying to figure out if I have to wait until April to make the payment or if I can send it now.
Yes, I was making my April payment that is due by 4/1. Personally, I didn't want to wait until April to make the payment so that I would have a little buffer to make the payment out of my checking acct just in case EV didn't send the payment for some reason.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:16 pm

Wonder if it would make a difference trying to make my 5/1 WF payment now, as long as combined payment is sent on same day... May be worth experimenting after I restock my collection of debit cards
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Platinum
Question

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Nope don't work for WF, just WF has my mortgage.

I do know that Evolve has BMW FS, which is nice.

What is BMW FS?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:46 pm

From email blast:

Spring has finally arrived and with it comes good news for Evolve Money users.

Evolve will soon offer special promotions for dollars off your bills. That’s right – your bank account will be growing like a weed with new Evolve Promo Codes that will save you money.

How will you know about these special promotions? Just follow us on social media. Links to Evolve on Facebook, Goggle+ and Twitter have just sprung up in the app, along with Sharing for Facebook and a fresh new look to Evolve.

Spring may have sprung but we’re just heating up with more of the features you want on the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.