Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netspend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by js80
I read previous posts re. trouble ACH'ing with Amex. Didn't see anything about Citi.

So is there any way to pay a Citi bill?

Is there a definitive list of which CC bills can be paid with NS?
i paid Citi with no problem

cant pay AMEX b/c Amex doesn't allow enough numbers to be entered
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
The letter I received says I will be receiving a check in the amount of $3k the exact amount I loaded. But then I dealt with the FDIC and explained how they allowed me to load my $$ even thou they knew and didnt make known to me that they placed a Hold on my acct from unloading/using those loaded funds. And I mentioned in my complaint to the FDIC that I expected a free fee check

It wouldnt surprise me that they are cutting the checks faster after a few of us went the FDIC path and NS was read the riot act on what they are doing by the FDIC, which I assume keeps track of the # of complaints they are receiving and what the problem/s are
Update: even thou NS wrote to me and the FDIC on 2/5 that they will be cutting the check and sending it on 2/7 that never happened. I resubmitted a complaint with the FDIC this past Tues.

Today the check arrived it was cut and sent on 2/21 2 weeks after they said they were going to send it.

This all began back on 1/7 when my use was Denied and told by NS my funds are frozen and my acct was placed on hold for withdrawls back on 12/17 although never told to me and I was allowed to load my card

If you cant afford to have your funds tied up for 2 months or longer Stay out of this game! If you are forced to pay the CC their crazy interset rates till you get your $$ back its not worth it. This game is not risk free and can be very costly. This can be said for any of the instruments that are used and not only NS
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: aa
i tried to do a ach pull with citi and was hit with a 25.00 fee and payment reversal so citi didnt take my payment.Has anybody tried to do a debit over the phone with citi?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by jada135
i tried to do a ach pull with citi and was hit with a 25.00 fee and payment reversal so citi didnt take my payment.Has anybody tried to do a debit over the phone with citi?
I have recently decided to stop initiating ACH from the CCC side. Some issuers will charge a fee for failed ACH attempts. NS in particular are notorious for not honoring ACH debits for misspelling of names. For example if your name is John Andrew Murphy, NS has a habit of refusing ACH pulls if originated from John A Murphy Credit card account.

BP from third party is the best way. In most cases, it will be processed the next business day which is the same speed as ACH pulls by the CCC.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by jada135
Same happened to me. Chase worked fine though. (I did SM Citi and get them to waive the $25 fee, so you might want to try that).
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
So, I have Netspend reload stations and reload packs are sold everywhere near my house. More so than VR's I'd like to jump into this card but I'm having my doubts given the shut downs....
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fuerza
So, I have Netspend reload stations and reload packs are sold everywhere near my house. More so than VR's I'd like to jump into this card but I'm having my doubts given the shut downs....
Yup, me too. My CVS was out of MyVanilla's so I purchased a Netspend, loaded an additional $500 and ACH'd to Club Carlson CC.

Don't want to deal with it. It'll will probably be thrown away before my permanent card gets here!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Been using NS for over 6 months without any issue (knock on wood). VR's @$2k month deposit then ACH pull to mortgage, car payment and utilities. Best way to pay bills that do not take CC.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:42 am

tried ach last night. hoping it goes thru to chase without issue
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:05 pm

How strict is NS in terms of pumping and dumping Reloadit cards?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, OnePass
Netspend won't let me add any more beans, have done 4K this month, so I assume I'm bumping some kind of monthly limit on bean loads. I saw someone mention a $3,500 monthly limit. Does anyone know if that is a rolling month or a calendar month?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 7:02 pm

Wow...Silent Bob, I'm really impressed that you broke almost 10 years of lurking under the radar for just this moment!

There used to be a 2.5K limit, rolling 30 day, but that got rolled back in December. I loaded 5K and I got the big ol' boot, so caveat manufactor.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by mikearden
Netspend won't let me add any more beans, have done 4K this month, so I assume I'm bumping some kind of monthly limit on bean loads. I saw someone mention a $3,500 monthly limit. Does anyone know if that is a rolling month or a calendar month?
Your lurker status is impressive. I would have forgot my login after 10 years.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Deleted after reading NS website.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:12 pm

Just ACH'd my Amex SPG last week. Amex's site took the full account number without any problems, and the payment has posted and cleared.

I know this is just one data point, but perhaps Amex has fixed whatever the issue was with accepting these account numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.