Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netspend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by ronnyk

Others have reported no problem loading Serve and BB with Blackhawk Reloadits, so they should work.
I don't think you can load Blue bird with reloadits?

...I am going to try slowly ramping up with this card using ReloadIts and dumping via BP. Anyone else have experience with Account Now?
There is a thread on AccountNow in this forum
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Question: two months in a row I got emails from NS that my statement can be viewed online. It's about the savings account on my Paypal prepaid Mastercard. However, I can't log in to the link in the email. I managed to find out my username but I can't get to retreive a password (which I never set up in the first place). Tried several times the "retreive lost password" function where I have to enter all the card info and my social etc but I never get an email from them with a pw... Anyone having the same issue?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:14 am

I got several texts from NS this morning...telling me that not only this card but my previous card (identifiable from last 4) were "stolen" and to log on for more info...went to log in and nothing found on my account. Anyone else having NS issues?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by AveApostle
I got several texts from NS this morning...telling me that not only this card but my previous card (identifiable from last 4) were "stolen" and to log on for more info...went to log in and nothing found on my account. Anyone else having NS issues?
Did you login to the real NS site, or did you click on a link from the text msg that may have gone to a fake site that stole your login info? (I haven't heard anything about this, just saying it's possible)
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:04 pm

No, went the normal way. Now can't retrieve user name or password.

Pretty sure it's a shutdown, but this isn't how they went about it last time.

Now to get the wife to call in since it's her name
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Anyone else have experience with Account Now?
Lots of folks here with experience getting quickly shut down by Account Now. Another GreenDot-type bottom feeder company.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:41 pm
formerly mattrendell27

I can't find any info on this anywhere but I was just at HEB the other day (a grocery store chain in TX) and I noticed they sell a product called "HEB Netspend Visa Prepaid Card" and then right next to it they have "Netspend reload packs". I wondered if this could possibly be a good MS outlet. If the employees let me buy a reload pack with a CC that earns a grocery store bonus and then I loaded onto the Netspend prepaid card. Only thing I can't figure out is how to drain the funds from the Netspend card. There is very little info on the netspend website about Billpay but there does seem to be a billpay option.

Even if you've never heard of the HEB specific product i'm referring to can anyone give me some insight to the viability of Netspend prepaid products as an MS instrument?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:45 pm
formerly mattrendell27

Originally Posted by mattrendell27
I can't find any info on this anywhere but I was just at HEB the other day (a grocery store chain in TX) and I noticed they sell a product called "HEB Netspend Visa Prepaid Card" and then right next to it they have "Netspend reload packs". I wondered if this could possibly be a good MS outlet. If the employees let me buy a reload pack with a CC that earns a grocery store bonus and then I loaded onto the Netspend prepaid card. Only thing I can't figure out is how to drain the funds from the Netspend card. There is very little info on the netspend website about Billpay but there does seem to be a billpay option.

Even if you've never heard of the HEB specific product i'm referring to can anyone give me some insight to the viability of Netspend prepaid products as an MS instrument?
oh and btw the reload packs are free which is one of the reasons it seemed so attractive
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:01 pm

You do pulls from your NetSpend account. Go to your biller's website and set up NetSpend as a payment account by putting the route # and account number provided by NetSpend. Then pay your bill by pulling funds from NetSpend.

NetSpend gets upset and will lock your account if you only load $500 all the time and pay bills. They want their vig so you have to do some transactions so they get $1 every so often and don't load $500 all the time.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:16 pm
formerly mattrendell27

Originally Posted by gw14
You do pulls from your NetSpend account. Go to your biller's website and set up NetSpend as a payment account by putting the route # and account number provided by NetSpend. Then pay your bill by pulling funds from NetSpend.

NetSpend gets upset and will lock your account if you only load $500 all the time and pay bills. They want their vig so you have to do some transactions so they get $1 every so often and don't load $500 all the time.
Gotcha. So the bill pay works just like a real bank issued debit card. And yeah it would be reasonable to load totally different amounts every time since the reload packs are free so no monetary incentive to always do $500.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:07 pm

You can't get Netspend reloads with a credit card at HEB. But the free reload is a good way to use VGCs. In theory you can go to either a cashier or the money center but in practice cashier's don't always know how to do it. They aren't supposed to let you load with a gift card, but only some of them care enough to look at your card.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:50 pm

The few HEB's I shop at are all cash or debit only for all gift cards, even restaurant type. They used to sell their store gift cards for credit but stopped 3 years ago.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:01 pm

NetSpend PIN

I need help!

Several days ago I decided to get into the MS game again (it was on hold for several months due to a severe shortage of ReloadIT cards here in NE ). I purchased the first set of cards that I found in local grocery store - NetSpend cards.

As it turns out, NetSpend seems to require SSN for US citizens. Even though I was able to assign the PIN number by phone, I could not activate the card without speaking to a 'customer representative'. Since I had no desire to give them my SSN, I hanged up. I did try to make a purchase afterwards, hoping that the card did get activated. Unfortunately, when I swiped and entered then PIN number, I got the message 'Not Authorized'.

To make a long story short - I now have 10 NetSpend cards (500$ each, of course) that I need to cash out. I have no desire to activate each of them using my SSN - I just want to assign a pin and be able to use them to buy MO's.

Can anyone let me know how to activate NetSpend cards without SSN? Please?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:14 pm

Netspend

Ask for a refund. Perhaps you misunderstood the abilities of the card.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:58 am

To make a long story short - I now have 10 NetSpend cards (500$ each, of course) that I need to cash out. I have no desire to activate each of them using my SSN - I just want to assign a pin and be able to use them to buy MO's.
Hopefully, other newbies will learn from your experience NEVER, EVER buy huge amounts like this unless they've tried a particular instrument at least once or twice. May this serve as warning to others before they go on a buying spree w/o making plans on how to liquidate should something go wrong. For those just starting, best to test with small amounts first.

as to solution for this, I'd go with what Credipig said. You may have to call them to ask for a refund but be prepared to go back and forth with them (waste a lot of time) because it won't take just one call to get your refund. Check feedback/reviews about GD to know other people's experiences in dealing with them. Hopefully, you have $5K as float to pay your CC bills so you don't have to pay fees/interests on them. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.