Search

Netspend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:05 pm

No fee from my experience with Brinks card
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by albertxue
No fee from my experience with Brinks card
Thanks for the answer, I will give it a try.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by givingitatry
Thanks for the answer, I will give it a try.
Update: I loaded a regular netspend card at HEB fee free.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: Chase UR, Amex MR, UA Mileageplus, Aadvantage
Originally Posted by NEPony
To make a long story short, I have activated four of the cards using NetSpend web site, applying as a non-US resident (which is indeed my case - I am here on a visa ). My card got activated, with the caveat that within a month I need to fax a copy of passport/drivers license etc. As I don't plan on keeping these cards, I will skip this particular step. As a side note, I don't think the site actually validates name/address/document #

I already used these cards to load BB, proving that the approach works.
Did you wait for the personalized cards or did you use the temporary card? And did you use a PIN when you loaded your BB? I just tried buying a MO using a temp card that I activated online in the way that you described, but the register wouldn't accept it for some reason.

Also, I activated it on the 12th, and it gave me only until the 22nd to submit the documents. I wonder why. Haha
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by littleconsumer
If you're in TX you can reload at most (if not all) HEB's with a debit card.
Can I reload with OV? Can I do it at any register or do I have to go to the money service desk? Had a denied transaction at the register shortly after buying the OV, so it could have been a delayed activation since the denial does not show up on the OV log...
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by littleconsumer
If you're in TX you can reload at most (if not all) HEB's with a debit card.
God bless TX! One of the MS Utopias
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:32 am

I just found out about this card. How are you guys using it? Is it just like the gobank card? I have that and use it to load VGCs.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by tronsom
I just found out about this card. How are you guys using it? Is it just like the gobank card? I have that and use it to load VGCs.
From what I gather, most people, including me, just use it for the 5% savings account. at $2.00 per debit transaction it doesn't make sense to use for any purchases.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:42 pm

isnt the 5% savings gone now? you can't load very much with reloadits, and i could find no other reason to use it.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by isriam
isnt the 5% savings gone now? you can't load very much with reloadits, and i could find no other reason to use it.
It still exists but is limited to $1k. In Texas we can load for free with gebits at a local grocery chain. I just got my 3rd today for the savings. I believe you can have up to 5 across the different varieties.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
I did a little research and it seems I found my answer however want to confirm here. Netspend still requires a SS number correct? So you can NOT have multiple cards under the same name unless they are forged?

The reason I ask is because is for employment reasons. I did an investigation the other day which involved an individual having about 13 netspend cards under the same name. He insisted it is allowed however from my gift card churning days, I remember this not being allowed
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by lakers6902
I did a little research and it seems I found my answer however want to confirm here. Netspend still requires a SS number correct? So you can NOT have multiple cards under the same name unless they are forged?

The reason I ask is because is for employment reasons. I did an investigation the other day which involved an individual having about 13 netspend cards under the same name. He insisted it is allowed however from my gift card churning days, I remember this not being allowed
If you're 'investigating for employment reasons' you should be asking the vendor about their official policy, not an internet message board.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Done and submitted. I was now asking out of curiosity
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:02 pm

There are different versions of the NetSpend card, so if you have one each you could have 5-6 cards in your name. Now 13 sounds a little steep.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:44 pm

It appears that all chevron gas stations have stopped reloading netspend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.